Our trip to Paradise Taveuni was beyond expectations. My husband and I went in March 2013 to have a wedding ceremony (just us 2). Don't let weather forecasts discourage you from traveling here. It practically rained everyday we were there but it literally did not affect the trip at all. It will rain for about 30 mins then stop and the clouds part and the sun is all ablaze once more. I was worried the weather would put a damper on our trip but it absolutely did not in fact we barely noticed it.
From the minute we arrived the staff was very friendly!! Actually the staff made all the difference in the experience. Never before have I stayed at such a personable resort. The bures are really nice and I absolutely loved the outdoor jacuzzi. My husband and I are not divers but we took the free pool lesson and then I actually did a dive trip which was a blast. Be sure to sign up for trips off the resort such as the visit to Buma Falls, and the waterslide, also be sure to see the local village. Many of the staff who work at the resort live in the nearby village and it is nice to take a tour of their home.
My husband was a little shocked when we arrived to the island and had to take a 1 hour (extremely bumpy) drive to the resort. I think he expected a Hilton type resort, and he didn't think he would like the resort. But he LOVED it. Said it was the best trip he has had, and would love to come back. So if you are having second thoughts about this resort because it is off the beaten path and not all 'grandeur' such as a Hilton, DON'T, take a chance and I promise you wont regret it. This resort offers a taste of the real Fiji!!
Also we booked through Journey Pacific. My travel agent was Dawn Sansom and she handled every little aspect of the trip. She did a phenomenal job and had lots of advice as she has stayed at a lot of the Fijian resorts. She highly recommended Paradise Taveuni, and she sold me on it. I highly recommend Journey Pacific to those needing help in finding the perfect resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Taveuni, situated on the southern tip of Taveuni, is an Oceanfront boutique Resort. Its unique deep water frontage allows Guests to dive, snorkel and swim from the lava flow edge into pristine warm tropical waters any time. To experience the culture of mystical Fiji, spend time in Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Taveuni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Taveuni Hotel Taveuni Island
- Paradise Taveuni Island
- Paradise Hotel Taveuni Island