“Trip to Paradise”
Review of Paradise Taveuni

Paradise Taveuni
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Taveuni Island
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our trip to Paradise Taveuni was beyond expectations. My husband and I went in March 2013 to have a wedding ceremony (just us 2). Don't let weather forecasts discourage you from traveling here. It practically rained everyday we were there but it literally did not affect the trip at all. It will rain for about 30 mins then stop and the clouds part and the sun is all ablaze once more. I was worried the weather would put a damper on our trip but it absolutely did not in fact we barely noticed it.

From the minute we arrived the staff was very friendly!! Actually the staff made all the difference in the experience. Never before have I stayed at such a personable resort. The bures are really nice and I absolutely loved the outdoor jacuzzi. My husband and I are not divers but we took the free pool lesson and then I actually did a dive trip which was a blast. Be sure to sign up for trips off the resort such as the visit to Buma Falls, and the waterslide, also be sure to see the local village. Many of the staff who work at the resort live in the nearby village and it is nice to take a tour of their home.

My husband was a little shocked when we arrived to the island and had to take a 1 hour (extremely bumpy) drive to the resort. I think he expected a Hilton type resort, and he didn't think he would like the resort. But he LOVED it. Said it was the best trip he has had, and would love to come back. So if you are having second thoughts about this resort because it is off the beaten path and not all 'grandeur' such as a Hilton, DON'T, take a chance and I promise you wont regret it. This resort offers a taste of the real Fiji!!

Also we booked through Journey Pacific. My travel agent was Dawn Sansom and she handled every little aspect of the trip. She did a phenomenal job and had lots of advice as she has stayed at a lot of the Fijian resorts. She highly recommended Paradise Taveuni, and she sold me on it. I highly recommend Journey Pacific to those needing help in finding the perfect resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'honeymoon bure' (as it was our weddingmoon). This room was very nice howev...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent 10 days over Xmas 2013 at Paradise Taveuni. They say all the good places are hard to get to - this was not hard to get to but an adventure in itself.- The trip from Nadi was about 1 hour by twin engined Otter - then about 90 minutes by 4wd on a made up road that became a rocky unmade road for the last half hour which was an experience in itself. Have the camera ready as you pass the beautiful 150 year old church near SomoSomo village . We enjoyed our road trip getting there while I see others did not. We stopped at the local shop on the way to stock up on chips and peanuts and soft drinks - which we need not have done - Every thing is available at the resort. I do suggest you take your Full Duty Free allowance of alcohol from the airport with you - at time of writing 6 bottles of wine per person or 2.25 litres of alcohol.....as wines in Fiji can be a bit of a lottery... and we drank ours with dinner mostly every night for a small corkage fee of F$10 it was a great move..
The rooms are Fijian style - very comfortable. We stayed in Cowrie - one of 3 adjoining bures - air conditioned , and comfortable. My only complaint was that the bed squeaked at every slight toss and turn - I got so laid back in this wonderland I kept forgetting to mention it !
If you are a diver or snorkeller it is heaven - we personally just wanted to chill and listen to some music or read a book. There is no beach as such but you can dive jump or climb off the jetty into the deep lagoon or just laze the days away in the infinity pool. The people we met were all very friendly - The food is good with a reasonable choice -Breakfast is great. It is a small resort with limited resources so the bug bear of ordering your lunch requirement at breakfast and dinner at lunch time was a bit annoying but understandable when catering for 10 couples plus with only one chef. Want something not on the menu - you only have to ask.
The staff were so friendly ... Star, Liti , and especially Suli- you were a true gentleman, you were standouts and Anare and Soni always made you feel special. Terri and Alan were always on hand to deal with any issues or requests and Alan kindly organised the fishing charter which was a blast in itself.
Highly recommended. We had a great time. My only suggestion - give the guests going out on activities a bit more than 5 minutes after eating before getting on board. !

Room Tip: oceanfront rooms are best
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NATSYS
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went with a group of over 30 people to this wonderful resort in July of 2013. Terri and Allan and their kids were a delight to be around with smiles on their face and always a joy to be around. We went for scuba diving and the diving could not have been better. The name of the hotel says it all, Paradise, because that is what it is. Now it is a little bit of a trek to get there with the bumpy roads, but once you are there you just do not want to leave. Your rooms are beautiful, the food was good, and the staff and spa they have was absolutely great. I will go back again to this luxurious little island with people that have a great heart and a beautiful island, and a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: If you are not use to humidity get a room with an air conditioner.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent 2 wonder weeks in Fiji
The first week on Beqa Lagoon Resort and the second at Paradise Taveuni
We had a Five Star vacation at PARADISE TAVEUNI RESORT !!
This is a beautiful resort location, with a wonderful and very friendly staff , great food ,and fantastic diving.
what more can I say , it was the best dive vacation we ever had for a small resort
that we prefer to visit on our vacations around the world!

Ed and Linda Schuyler

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ed s
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Recently, while staying in a house rental on the other end of the island, I decided to check out this resort that us heard so much about. I contacted the owners, Terri and Allan Groton and stayed for one night.
Beautiful welcome by the managers and their delightful children and staff, greeted with floral leis, ice cold coconut milk, in coconut, and delicious foot rub in front of the bure they had provided, right on the waterfront.
Lunch..what can I say, delicious Wahoo, freshly caught, with fresh salad. I explored the beautiful grounds, and after spending time with local children, had the most amazing body massage. Thanks Katya!, then dinner time. The most succulent meat-in-your-mouth steak, fresh lobster, and salad.
After a lovely restful night in my beautifully decorated and immaculate bure, Coral, I explored the resort, marveling at the wonderful variety of flowers and trees. Breakfast, I had a plate of fruit (the papaya is to die for), toast, pineapple juice and freshly brewed coffee. Delicious.
I then had a keg massage.Thanks Tom, that was the best. Then lunch. Felt I'd eaten so much the previous day that I had soup and delicious freshly baked bread.
Terri and Allan are the most amazing hosts, and arranged transport for me back to the holiday rental at Matei.
I would recommend Paradise to anyone who would like a pristine environment, solitude if you desire, beautiful friendly staff, massages to die for, scrumptious meals and a view that speaks a Fiji.

Room Tip: Any of the bures would be wonderful, but if you like to hear the gentle waves at night, definitely r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Once you have traversed the incredibly bumpy road to Paradise, it is hard to leave.
Allan and Terri who have owned this peaceful, adult only resort for the past eight years, have dedicated themselves to making it a diving haven. Due to the fact that it is between two famous reefs not only divers but also snorkelers are within 30 minutes of a magical underwater world. A wonderful experience too good to be missed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Alan744
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am sitting here in Paradise just finished my breakfast. The divers are out for the first dive of the morning. For divers this is a great place. The world famous Rainbow Reef is a half hour boat trip and there are several other dive sites within 10 minutes

Service in the dining area is great and I enjoyed every meal. Allan and Terry and staff welcomed us and have made every effort to give us a great experience. There is a spa for relaxation and I can't think of anything they could have done to make my stay better.

Several resorts in Fiji have a small enclosed outdoor courtyard with a shower. This morning while I was having my shower there was a gentle warm rain. How do you beat that?

I came with my son and he was treated like a prince

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 4 in Matei
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
#1 of 1 in Qamea Island

Been to Paradise Taveuni? Share your experiences!