I had to spend a week-end while on business trip to Fiji and decided to take the plane from Nadi and go all the way to Taveuni Island.
The only bad thing to say is that I was alone and only had 3 days. This place is located on a beach surrounded by private houses. No other hotels. There is only a few bure so it is a pretty quiet place, perfect for couples. Imagine: Getting up and walking on a desert nice beach in the morning, then taking a kayak, row about 10 minutes on the crystal clear water and then get an amazing snorkeling experience, between two little nice islands.
The food is just great. Try the crabe. It`s the best one I ever had. The rooms are very nice, big, with outside showers.
Even the solo traveller can get a good experience. The taxi driver showed me around, and after diner where I met two Americans living on the Island, we went to his home to drink a few beers and some local food.
Yes, it can get better, with a massage on the deserted beach by one of the staff. No need a stereo with sounds of the wave you can hear them from a few feet away!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property sits on the only white sand beach on Taveuni with unobstructed views. come stay with us if you want a couples only, noise free holiday. no stress no crowds. just relaxation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages Hotel Taveuni Island
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Coconut Grove Beachfront