“Great way to learn more about Taveuni”

Lavena Coastal Walk
More attraction details
Owner description: Beginning at Lavena village, this guided walk takes you along Taveuni's wild southeastern coastline, past breathtaking views, black sand beaches and beautiful forests.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This little trip helped us learn about how amazing the people of Fiji are. We arrived at the start of the walk and were unsure if we should get a guide or not. You probably don't need a guide, but it definitely made for a better experience. Our guide Sam was very nice and shared some great stories and information about his Villiage which is located at the start of this walk. The waterfall is awesome! On the way back from the waterfall, it started raining heavily and Sam was a bit concerned that the road back would be flooded, but he reassured us that we could stay in the village if we got stuck. Anyhow, this was a great little adventure and we really enjoyed it. I'd recommend this to anyone who visits Taveuni.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was one of the best trips we have had in Fiji. The walk was fantastic - flat, easy and surrounded by beautiful scenery, village-life and people. The volcanic beach on one side, the canopy of the forest above, and plenty of wildlife at your feet.
Before you reach the waterfall, there is a great opportunity to see plenty of Fiji's endemic birds before a short swim upriver to the Waterfalls. This was idyllic - like something from a film - where two tributaries met, both running as waterfalls into a gorge (one from a height, and one small enough to use as a water slide). We could have spent hours here, the water was cool and refreshing and we fed the river fish as we ate our lunch here. Rainforest perfection.

The fact that the walk is relatively flat for large periods means that it should be suitable for those that are in two minds.

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Waterfall jumping was the highlight of the walk for us! The hike would have been a bit monotonous if we hadn't opted to pay the extra money and take a boat one way.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everything was perfect, even the rain! You must climb to the top of the falls and slide in!!! The guide is great and they provide a nice lunch. I almost didn't do it because my wife got sick, but she insisted I go and I am soooo glad I did!

1  Thank Natron76
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you enjoy hiking then this is a walk you must do. I am retired and so just a little more than I should do, but I highly recommend it to the healthier people! It is beautiful and worth all the effort.