It is so distressing to read a negative review of Taveuni Island Resort, which I have known and loved for more than twenty years, that I feel compelled to offer another point of view and, I hope, a bit of perspective. I realize that everyone’s travel experience and expectations are different, and also that even the finest resorts encounter occasional difficulties. But I hate to think that a traveler’s complaint might bear negatively on what I believe most visitors will find to be the vacation of a lifetime.
Taveuni Island Resort (formerly Dive Taveuni) is one of the oldest and most distinguished on this extraordinarily beautiful island. Its owners, Do and Ric Cammick, came to Taveuni from New Zealand more than thirty years ago, ultimately transforming a stunning site overlooking the Somosomo strait into a world-class resort. Initially catering primarily to divers, it has expanded and upgraded its amenities and has been regularly cited by the most prestigious critics as one of the best in the South Pacific. In recent years, the resort has undertaken extensive renovations and added new bures and a spa. It is now more beautiful and well-appointed than ever.
The manager cited in one review as being less than accommodating to a honeymoon couple and their friends, has left the resort, which is now being overseen directly by Do and Ric Cammick who are in residence. Their staff, many of whom have been with them for decades, are superb, and I know that the highest standards are maintained in every area—from meals to housekeeping, concierge service to excursions. Above all, Taveuni Island Resort has a certain tone—a degree of warmth and hospitality that, I believe, derives in large part from the Cammicks’ long history on Taveuni and the close attachments they have formed with the local community and with their guests, many of whom (from all over the world) have been coming to the resort for years. My husband and I been fortunate enough not only to have stayed at Taveuni Island Resort but also to have been there to witness weddings, birthdays, and renewals of wedding vows. In our experience, the care and attention lavished on guests is unparalleled.
In short, I would strongly urge travelers to take advantage of this very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning resort is a perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious, romantic, adventurous location. This jewel of the Pacific accommodates just 14 privileged couples in large, private, beautifully appointed bures, each enjoying unsurpassed panoramic views. This is a verdant paradise for nature lovers and lovers of nature, home to dense rain forests, 100's of waterfalls & rivers, white sand beaches, world class fishing and diving and wonderful cultural experiences. Enjoy our friendly staff, organic foods and homemade pasta's & gourmet island cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taveuni Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Island Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Island Resort And Spa