I'm not a resort type person. I like adventure travel. I like to get out and about - my last trip was to the Chittagong Hilltracts in Bangladesh, hiking through minority visitors with a police escort to make sure I didn't get kidnapped. So why was I at Taveuni Island Resort?
Because it is simply one of the most beautiful places in the world. It is serene and relaxing, but with spectacular diving, rainforests, bird life and waterfalls. The resort was tasteful, the food simple but delicious, and it was just so much better than the package resort holidays. Sure, I wasn't Nicole Kidman and I couldn't rent the island - but I met great people, I saw a lovely couple from Russia renew their vows in a traditional Fijian ceremony, and I heard tall tales from the welcoming hosts.
I don't normally like to go anywhere twice - but I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning resort is a perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious, romantic, adventurous location. This jewel of the Pacific accommodates just 14 privileged couples in large, private, beautifully appointed bures, each enjoying unsurpassed panoramic views. This is a verdant paradise for nature lovers and lovers of nature, home to dense rain forests, 100's of waterfalls & rivers, white sand beaches, world class fishing and diving and wonderful cultural experiences. Enjoy our friendly staff, organic foods and homemade pasta's & gourmet island cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Taveuni Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Island Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Island Resort And Spa