“Magnificent Resort”

Taveuni Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Taveuni Island
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort in May for 12 nights, Do and Ric were exceptional hosts, they looked after our every need, the staff went out of their way to make sure that we were well taken care of, catering to my husbands requests for "no vegetables or dairy"!. We enjoyed the oceanfront Bure and every evening would visit in the bar with other guests, enjoying delicious cocktails and conversation. We are anxious to return to this wonderful slice of heaven. In addition to diving, we enjoyed visiting the island and the resort spa! Mary& Marty Graff

Room Tip: All of the Bures are furnished the same, either ocean or garden view, either way you cannot go wrong...
1  Thank Mary G
Taveuni Island R, Front Office Manager at Taveuni Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Bula Mary and Marty
It was our pleasure having you stay with us in May and we trust all is well on your side of the world.

We are looking forward to singing our welcome song to you again.

Lolomas from the team at Taveuni Island Resort & Spa

There are newer reviews for Taveuni Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just returned to NZ after discovering the most wonderful island resort in Fiji, Tavenui Island Resort & Spa. We have travelled to Fiji more than 10 times, and experienced many of the best resorts. Vomo Island was our favourite, but now that we have experienced Tavenui Island Resort and Spa, it is!
I was hesitant to traveling another 1 hr plus from Nadi International Airport, but it was worth the extra hour to arrive at the most beautiful Garden Island I have ever been too,
Way better than Kauai in Hawaii. I was blown away that we had something so magical and beautiful so close to NZ.
It was just minutes to the resort from the airport and on arrival we were warmly greeted by our hosts Rick and Do with a lovely freshly made welcome drinks. We walked through this amazing wonderland of tropical gardens. I have never seen anything so beautiful, there were even large colored butterflies. We were shown to our luxurious well designed villa (which I have added photographs of).
I was so surprised, it was far better in flesh than in the photos and normally its the other way round. It was the best accommodations we have ever experienced, well planned and everything carefully considered for a comfortable stay. There was a large double outdoor shower, or if preferred, the large indoor double shower. They have thought of everything. There were so many personal touches, my only regret was that I forgot to take photographs of the colorful flower arrangements in the villa.
As there are only 12 bure suites (Twelve lucky couples) we were given so much attention and smiling service by the wonderful staff.
They were flexible with making us lunch at short notice to go to view one of magnificent Rain Forest water falls, nothing was
a bother always wanting to please and help as in any way.
We went snorkeling & diving with the resorts guides, it was amazing, the best we have ever seen. There were plentiful coral and fish, much better than Barrier Reef and the visibility was so clear.
The meals were delicious and tasty with yummy salads and fresh local fish caught daily, which is what you expect.
On an island I was surprised to be able to enjoy organic local steak, which Do went out of her way to get for us.
The resort has it's own organic gardens, from which the salad greens, fruits & vegetables are picked daily. Delicious!
This was our best holiday ever. I have only one regret that we did not stay the extra two days at the resort. We unfortunately, left to spend two days at the Intercontinental Hotel on the Coral Coast.
This was 1 hr drive by car from Nadi airport and cost $240 return, that is a flight to Tavenui. When we arrived at the Intercontinental the resort was full of screaming children. We instantly knew we should have stayed at Tavenui Island Spa resort. No children there only peace & quietness. So on our next holiday to Fiji we will not bother with staying on main land, it will be straight back to the beautiful island and this wonderful resort.
I can rave about so much more, but where do you stop?
I do recommend honeymooners go to Tavenui Island Resort as it's magical for Kiwi's to travel the extra time from the Fijian mainland. as it is so worth it.
While we were at the resort, we met these lovely Americans who travel every year to stay with Ric & Do and have done so for more than ten years. That speaks for its self.

Thank you Rick Do and all the Taveuni Island Resort Family for a great stay. You simply are the Best... VINAKA VAKA LEVU!

Room Tip: All rooms are in a great location, from what i saw they all have views and positioned and designed f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Taveuni Island R, Manager at Taveuni Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Vinaka Vakalevu for your beautiful comments. We loved our time together and look forward to seeing more of you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Even if you're not lucky enough to have your wedding at Taveuni Island Resort & Spa, they can still make you feel like you're on your honeymoon. We renewed our vows at the resort and have been coming back ever since...
Last week marked our tenth visit to the hotel. Has it changed over the years---certainly it has, but only for the better.
Your experience is first class for one reason--the owners, Ric & Do Cammick. They created this slice of paradise and have maintained it beautifully over the years. Every change and improvement they make is meant to increase the enjoyment of their guests. The food is excellent and creative and beautifully served. If you are divers, they will
make sure you are properly taken care of. They began the hotel as a dive operation and know what divers like.
The spa personnel are some of the best we have met. The attention the owners and staff give their guests, makes you want to return again and again. Or better yet.....never leave in the first place. Gorgeous rooms, romantic atmosphere, and an attentive staff that knows your name. Try the Romantic Burre for a getaway dinner for two
oceanside. Doesn't get much better than this!!!

Room Tip: no fitness center-who cares-that's what the ocean's for and the mountain hiking trails to go...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Vinaka Vakalevu Sue and John, we love you. Thank you for coming back for the 10th time and thank you for your beautiful and positive review. You are more than guests to us now, you are family and part of our growth.

We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 15 days in Fiji in May--5 nights each at Taveuni Island Resort (TIR), Mantangi Private Island Resort, and Likuliku Lagoon Resort. TIR is wonderful and an EXCELLENT value (half the cost of Likuliku and we liked TIR better). The meals were the best of anywhere on our trip. Lilkuliku's food looked better, but the food at TIR tasted better. We had dinner in our Bure twice, very nice. Banana pancakes at breakfast, awesome. Staff was very nice, but not as warm as the staff at the other two resorts. Owners were very nice and Matt was very helpful, lending me sandles when my luggage came two days late. The rooms are great, huge. AC is in bedroom only, which is fine. Grounds and overall location are excellent. We loved their dogs! Snorkeling from there was awesome, best of the trip. Also, they took you any time you wanted which was amazing. So, why not five stars? I asked my travel agent (who books this resort a lot) to verify there would be no construction and I was told there was not. There wasn't--but they are building a resort right next door and it was all hammers and saws all day while you were at the pool and restaurant. It was very hot with little breeze while we were there and it made hanging out at the pool unappealing so we spent most of our time at our bure. The construction also made it impossible to hang on the beach as the construction site was 50 yards away. If I hadn't checked ahead of time, I probably would have been bothered less. We are seasoned travellers and have been to over 50 countries. We virtually always stay at very high end places and we usually seek peace and quiet. Our room was really quiet and we could not hear the construction at all from there. If it were not for the construction, I would give this resort 5 stars and I think it is a very good value. It was our second favorite after Matangi. Combining these two resorts is a nice way to go since they are so close to one another--a boat ride away.

Room Tip: One away from the construction until it is complete.
1  Thank DoctorTDenver_CO
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Such a pristine idylic place, stunning accommodation, beautiful manicured surrounds complimented by outrageous views, and boutique beach, food is supurb, staff as always cheerfull, helpfull and friendly. Being a Professional Photographer, I had a smorgasboard of stunning takes.
I highly recomend this resort, certainly not to be missed!

Room Tip: ALL rooms are pretty equal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you William for your review. We enjoyed your stay with us and are happy that it was a smorgasboard for your photography. We look forward to seeing your shots.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were SO lucky to find this place. We had booked into a different hotel but their generator broke down and we were relocated to this resort. We ended up staying 8 nights and could have stayed there forever. We dived the great white wall which, for someone who had only done 11 dives, thought it was amazing. Thank you Julie and your staff.
Do and her family looked after us so well. I was hoping she would adopt me as I loved the place so much. We had a beautiful bure with living room, 2 showers, four poster bed with views over the ocean. I nearly cried when we left.
The views from the restaurant were also amazing, and the pool. I loved sitting in the pool reading my book or lounging on the sun loungers.
The food was great. Three course meals. I would go back at a drop of a hat.
Can't think of any negatives except the wifi wasn't so fab. But who needs wifi in a place like this?
Make sure you take the kayak and paddle along the front of the property to the islands nearby.
Thank you so much for making us holiday so great.

Room Tip: Any bure overlooking the water. We were so lucky
Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the moment you walk through the gate, you realise this is not just another 5 star hotel. Rather the amazingly beautiful tropical gardens set the perfect scene for the most idyllic holiday we have experienced as frequent travellers to Fiji. Everything was just perfect and the views over the islands from anywhere in the resort constantly took your breath away. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
Matangi Private Island Resort
Matangi Private Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Matangi Island

Been to Taveuni Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!