“Best diving company we came across”

Taveuni Ocean Sports
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Julie and her team are awesome - starting with the professionalism of the staff: checking the current, dive briefings, good equipment. We dove with them for 3 days and really loved it. They accomodated to every request of ours and expained everything (even underwater with a slate!) so we felt as safe and knowledgeable as can be. They even invest time and money in taking you to a quiet bay with no waves for the interval so you can eat great chocolate brownies and fruit with no waves crashing. The diving group is small - the maximum we had was 3 divers so you get personal attention. The only thing that bummed us out just a bit was when we got the bill: we needed log books cuz we forgot ours at home, and we were charged for them. Although it is a small sum - we paid nearly 1000 usd for diving, it would be nice if they would for-go the logs - or at least tell us in advance that they cost money.
We loved every dive and recommend julie and her team with all of our heart!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"dive plan"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Did my PADI Open Water Certification and loved it so much that I decided to stay on and do my Advanced PADI. If I would have had the budget, I would have even carried on with more certifications.

Equipment and supervision was outstanding! Manasa, Julie, Viti and Ronny do a wonderful Job!

Dive with these guys and you get to see one of the world's best dive spots without crowds!

Received a one on one training while I was there. Completely recommendable! If you want to dive Fiji go there!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports is nothing less than fantastic. The dive sites are spectacular and the owner/operators are incredibly pleasant. The dive gear is about the best I have ever seen in any rental operation. If in Fiji for diving, go there! You can't go wrong!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I did 14 dives with Taveuni Ocean Sports. This is maybe the best dive op we have ever used. Julie and all the staff were great. The were all very helpful and did whatever needed to make sure divers enjoyed themselves. There was never more than 4 divers to a guide. One day there were 8 divers and they stil took out both both boats, only 4 divers on each boat! So the diving was almost private, not at all crowded. Very safety minded with helpful dive briefings. The diving was very good with lots of fish. Surface intervals were on a nice beach and with great snacks and drinks. I highly recommend using Taveuni Ocean Sports if you stay on Taveuni Island. And Nakia is a great resort to stay at and just a short walk away from Taveuni Ocean Sports.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I recently travelled to Taveuni on a honeymoon. Upon reading other reviews about Taveuni Ocean Sports, we decided to book all of our diving with them. This dive operation is top-notch! Julie and her staff are extremely helpful, knowledgable, and most importantly, safe. Every dive began with a dive briefing (things to see, direction/strength of currents, hazards to look out for, and the overal general plan for the dive). Surface intervals were spent eating fresh fruits and baked goods with fresh juice or tea. There was one occasion where the tides were a little behind schedule and Julie searched several dive sites to make sure that we would get the best dive in. I cannot say enough about how great the staff was and their level of professionalism and good-spirited attitudes. My wife and I were also interested in doing some surfing while at Taveuni. Julie planned all of that for us as well and we had a great, although humbling, day of surfing. We also ate a few times at the Nakia Resort (owned by Julie's parents) and it became obvious that the kindness and professionalism runs in the family. If you decide to book your diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports you are in for a treat!