“Amazing experience”

Taveuni Ocean Sports
Carbondale, Colorado
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I had never been diving before and we obtained our PADI open water certifications from Taveuni Ocean Sports. We were immediately put at ease by the whole crew. The service, facilities, equipment, boats, and vehicles are all top notch. Manasa was our instructor and was very calm, patient, friendly, and professional. Julie has to be one of the nicest people I've ever met. She is incredibly genuine, passionate, and knowledgeable about anything to do with the ocean. We had a lot fun with the entire crew including Viti, Manasa, Julie, Thomas, Wayne, to name a few. We also had the pleasure of having lunch at Robin's, Julie's Mom's, restaurant called the Cliffhouse located at the Nakia Resort & Dive Shop across the street and up the hill from Taveuni Ocean Sports. We did not stay at the Resort but would definitely consider staying there if we return. It's unbelievably beautiful with amazing views of the ocean. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed delicious and fresh food with the other guests that were staying there. We pushed our tables together so we could share stories about our amazing dives and experiences. Sis the dog greeted us when we arrived at the resort. The staff and service were also fabulous at the resort.

The dives were breathtaking. We learned that there are 400 types of coral and 1500 types of fish. The coral were so colorful and vibrant and we were able to see Octopus, reef Sharks, trumpet fish, parrot fish (eats coral and excretes sand-I thought that was so cool!) unicorn fish, Fijian clown fish, magic coral (changes color), grouper and countless other fish. It was an experience of a lifetime!

We would like to return to Fiji in the future and we'll definitely dive with Julie and her staff again!

Visited August 2013

Birkeland, Aust-Agder, Norway
“World class experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not a single complaint, this is the place you Have to go if diving in Fiji. My housebound and I took our PADI open water certificate with the instructor Manasa; fun, friendly and patient instructor. Julie and her family are also just a really lovely family to be around, and their facilities are beautiful. Equipment, boats etc was in top condition and we felt really safe. Ocean Sports also have more than 15 different dives pots at some of the worlds best diving areas- so much to see!!

To you Julie, thank you for recommending The Poor Knights Island in NZ, we had 2 great dives up there! :)

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Special White Wall adventure!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Julie and the crew at Taveuni Ocean Sports provided us with the best service and an awesome trip to the White Wall. Each dive profile instruction was clear and concise and they delivered on what you could possibly see during each dive. The are well prepared to provide all levels of divers with a great experience.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was the first real open water dive for myself and my wife and let me just say, thank God it was with Julie and her dive shop. The whole crew are consummate professionals focused on your comfort, safety, and experience once under the water. Honestly I don't think we could have had anyone better than Julie take us down for our first time. Her demeanor alone is calming and her knowledge (extensive) helps keep everyone focused on enjoying the dive and appreciating what you actually see in this AMAZING part of the ocean. Our friends who traveled to Taveuni with us have a good amount of dives under their collective belts and they even remarked how different the experience was with Taveuni Ocean Sports compared to every other dive they had ever done. You are never rushed and you feel safe from start to finish. If you are in this part of the world and want to dive I highly recommend you seek this shop out. The forty five 5 star reviews should speak for themselves.

Visited October 2013
Manhattan Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WORLD CLASS DIVING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family recently concluded 15 memorable dives with Taveuni Ocean Sports as well as Open Water Certifications for my 10 year old and wife and an Advanced Open Water Certification for my 12 year old. Without reservation, I would recommend Taveuni Ocean Sports regardless of your skill level as a diver. The owner, Julie Kelley, and her staff are exceptional. They are professional, knowledgeable, patient (which is particularly important when you have a rambunctious 10 year) and genuinely caring. Every request was met with a smile. There is a great emphasis on safety. The equipment and boats are clean, comfortable and in excellent condition. Although I typically bring my own diving gear, I would not hesitate to use their equipment.

Prior to arriving in Taveuni, Julie answered each of our questions in detail and worked closely with us to put together a schedule which enabled us to not only maximize our diving experience, but also to comfortably reserve time for other activities in Taveuni. On the days of our dives, it seemed as if all we had to do was show up. All of our gear was set up for us and cleaned and stored after each dive. Each dive was preficed with a detailed pre-dive orientation of the dive site as well as of the marine life we could expect to see. This was by far the best pre-dive orientation we have ever received. The use of underwater slates to identify specific species of marine life and coral also greatly enhanced our diving experience.

The diving itself was simply SPECTACULAR! The sheer variety of coral and marine life was like none we have ever experienced before. TOS’ knowledge of the dive sites and current conditions enabled us to get the most out of each dive. We dove together as a family and TOS made every effort to maximize our diving experience despite our disparate skill levels. Surface intervals were spent in a calm bay with a secluded beach where we were served refreshing drinks and freshly baked breads and cakes. As the dive shop is located in close proximity to the Rainbow Reef, we never had to spend too much time travelling to the numerous world class dive sites.

We most certainly will use Taveuni Ocean Sports when we return to Taveuni.

Visited August 2013