“Excellent Dive shop”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Diving was awesome, Fiji is definitely one of the best places I have been to and Julie who is the owner is extremely competent, patient, and wonderful. If I ever get my Divemaster I would consider her for a teacher. As expected and as those who dive a lot know the surrounding area has some of the top dive sites in the world. Lots of current, which brings vibrant soft coral color and fish life. Everyone at the dive shop was super friendly and kind. I especially appreciate them taking me out by myself on the smaller boat. A lot of shops wont take just one diver because its not cost effective. I wouldn't go out with anyone else but them if I went to Taveuni.

They were always safety conscious but let you do your thing if you have experience as well. Felt always comfortable and they were caring to the surrounding sealife which I appreciate it. I hate it when divemasters in order to try to show you something are grabbing things.

Julie in particular is wonderful.

Visited October 2012

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The most informative and professional dive operation I have ever encountered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently returned from 11 days in Fiji of which 5 were spent on Taveuni. We stayed at Nakia Resort, with which this dive operation is affiliated (family owned and operated). However I've chosen to review the diving separately since you can (and in my opinion should, unless you are a certain type of traveler) stay elsewhere and dive with them. On two of the three days I dove there were divers from other resorts with us.

I cannot say enough about how professional and thorough Julie and her staff are. I am divemaster certified and have dived all over the Caribbean, Atlantic and Hawaii but never encountered anything like this, even at my son in law's private diving club in Bermuda. The experience starts with the most thorough briefing about the diving sites and sea life I've ever had anywhere. I think Julie wanted to be a marine biologist but fell in love with diving on the way! This fully prepares you for all the wonderful sights you will see, no matter where you end up that day. The staff's knowledge of local tide, current and weather conditions was also impressive.

I brought all my own equipment, which they took very good care of for me. However if you are renting, fear not. All of their gear is the latest and in excellent condition. No leaking tanks or chewed through regulator mouthpieces here! They have two boats both of which are in very good condition. They limit the number of divers to six per boat - a real luxury. Every staff member was a real professional and proud of the operation. I had a personal meltdown situation which had never happened to me in over 250 dives, and Nadia handled it beautifully. I also witnessed her handling of two divers who had not been in the water in five years. She gave them the confidence to proceed with their dives and have a wonderful time. What a gem she is!

I know this sounds like someone must have paid me to say all this but this is truly so far beyond anything I've ever experienced that there aren't adequate words. The dive sites are teeming with more life than you are likely to see anywhere else in the world, the surroundings are glorious, and the staff is the best ever. How can you not plan a trip to dive here?

Visited October 2012
1 Thank cardiffdiver
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrific Diving and Instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Taveuni Ocean Sports has an extremely professional team of divers that will take you out to some absolutely breath taking locations (but in the good way!). Their equipment is first class and their dive instructors brilliant. Their love of diving shows as they guide you through spectacular coral reefs with diverse marine life. Our instructor, Nadia, taught my daughter and my daughters boyfriend how to dive and had them looking like professionals first time! It was very impressive to watch complete novices become so comfortable and confident on their first dive that they even got to absorb and enjoy their surroundings too. I hadn't dived in over 20 years and diving with this team has given me the passion to get back into it. Thanks to all there. We loved it.

Visited September 2012
Wasilla, Alaska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Place, Amazing People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I received my dive certification with Taveuni Ocean Sports from July 20-23 and did 6 move dives with them during the remainder of our stay on Taveuni. Sam my instructor, was pleasant, patient, and had a great sense of humor. He did this while making sure I was proficient at the skills I needed to become a safe and skilled beginning diver. As a teacher of 28 years, I appreciated his attention to detail as well as his gentle guidance through the skills. I would also like to thank Julie and the entire crew for making my diving experience so wonderful. This shop is professional in every way. They run a clean, safe, uncrowded dive boat to some of the most amazing reefs in the world. They are stewards of the environment and go to great lengths to make sure you have a safe, fun, and educational time.

Visited July 2012
suva
“excellent diver shop in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

everthing is excellent in the world. Although I have not dived for more than 10 years, I could dive with relief with detail attention and excellent gear and support etc. I strongly recomment that you enjyo diving in this shop

Visited August 2012