“Top notch professional dive operation!”

Taveuni Ocean Sports
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Top notch professional dive operation!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I came to Taveuni to log our 100th dives, and what a way to do it. The Rainbow Reef and Somosomo strait are probably the most unique place that we have seen underwater in our 10 years of diving. My neck is still sore from snapping back and forth from looking at all the hard and soft corals, reef fish, and a few open water species swimming by.

Julie, Aaron, Thomas, Weiss, as well as boat captains Viti and Robbie are the most professional outfit that we have ever dealt with for any outdoor activity, not just scuba diving. Even with the ripping 4 knot "full moon" currents that we experienced, we felt safe the entire time above and under the water. Julie, Aaron and all the dive masters are good at handling any level of diver from the absolute beginner to the old salt.

Another guest at the Nakia resort took the surf trip and indicated that it was a very good wave, forvyou surfers out there.

To put it simply, top dive shop, top boat, top location. If you dive and you have at least a week off, what are you waiting for?

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best dive operation I have ever seen”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went on a dive trip with Taveuni Ocean Sports in August of 2011. The boat, dive equipment, and staff were all outstanding. The Rainbow reef was absolutely awesome! I will be back.

Visited August 2011
Woodridge, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best diving experience ever”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I always use trip advisor when traveling and have never written a review. After diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports I felt I had to. I dove with two other friends and we all had the same opinion. This was the best diving experience we have ever had. Not only from the great dive sites but mostly from Aaron and Julie and their entire staff. They treated us as if we were part on their family. Every morning our gear was set up, on the boat , ready to go. We had a very good pre-dive briefing about the site, conditions, and what to expect. They were very knowledgable about the marine life and were very excited to tell you about it. While there I was able to complete my Advanced Open Water certification and both Aaron and Julie made the experience enjoyable and fun. I will definitely make sure my local dive shop and travel agent know just how great these guys are. Thank you both so much for a wonderful experience. You made our trip to Fiji something we will never forget. Fred, Mike and Jeri

Visited September 2011
Philadelphia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“An outstanding dive operation”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports for a total of nine dives in July. The diving on the Rainbow Reef was outstanding! Julie and her wonderful dive team briefed us before each dive for safety and well as for marine identification. The equipment was excellent and their overall concern about the safety of their divers was pronounced and very appreciated. The diving groups are small and intimate, never more than three divers to a dive master. I was able to dive the White Wall twice - the soft coral was spectacular!!! This is diving at its best - pristine reefs, abundant marine life, and diving without the crowds. This is a great dive outfit and I would dive them again without a second thought when I return again.

Visited July 2011
Geelong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Best Dive Company on Taveuni”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We had an absolutely magnificent time learning to dive with Taveuni Ocean Sports!

Aaron made us feel so comfortable from day one! We were incredibly impressed by the thorough training (especially with me being a little uncoordinated!) - the awesome training location - the excellent equipment - the friendliness of all involved. We both felt safe the whole time - and experienced some magic diving sites!

Out in the open water Aaron and Julie’s guidance was awesome! We understood the creatures and the environment thanks to their thorough briefing about the sites we were visiting - and had a heightened appreciation of the sensitive environment in which we were diving.

Both Aaron and Julie are simply superb at encouraging new divers to explore a whole new world - safely, professionally and with respect. We both felt incredibly safe.

We had one trip to the Rainbow Reef with a different dive company whilst staying on the island - and they didn’t come close to the professionalism of Taveuni Ocean Sports - nor was the standard of equipment as high or attention to safety as keen.

If you want to dive the Rainbow Reef - Taveuni Ocean Sports are the guys to talk to.

What a great time!  The banana bread and passionfruit iced tea were also a highlight!

Thanks Aaron and Julie.