Atlantic View Inn(Avon by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$230
  • Breakfast included
$71
$149
Hotwire.com
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)
$395
$269
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfunky smellspring lakelocation is fantasticspacious porchbeach badgesenjoyed our stayother gueststhe cottagescolumnstowels
Reviewed August 1, 2012

at $100 a night without breakfast it was a deal considering this is summer season in south jersey , the inn keeper was helpfull and courtious , the yellow room was very comfortable, the best night sleep ive had in a while, I had already paid the fee for the room online and told him this, he still charged my Card a further $90, which he explained was only in case i broke anything,
I found this practice very strange as I am a middle aged man not some kid prone to drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. he explained the charge would not go on my card , " but it did " I travel a lot , in Europe and the U S A this is the first time this has happened me , now i have to wait to see if the charge comes off.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank easkey12
Reviewed September 18, 2011

On the spur of the moment, my husband and I, along with our 2 children, found the Avon Manor on-line and booked a room. From the minute we walked in the door, we were made to be treated as ROYALTY! Peter, one of the Innkeepers, is simply ONE OF A KIND! Every need we had was met with a smile and satisfaction from our end! He is simply amazing! From allowing my children to feed the fish to going the extra mile for breakfast ( Which is AMAZING), he is everything you could ever want as a host!

Room Tip: We were in Rm 10 which was PERFECT as the children had their own room, and my husband and I had a private bedroom! Housekeeping is amazing and Peter is the BEST! Definitely will be back for years to come!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sarahg_01119
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we have stayed here for a few years in a row on Labor Day. They have a 4 night stay for labor day weekend. I have seen people come and go for one or two nights only. This year I was only able to stay 3 nights, I asked for a three night stay, was told no its four nights ...... so we stayed someplace else enjoyed our three nights at the Shore, and wont be back to Avon. The shame of it is its a nice place, Bob is a great guy and great cook.

Room Tip: the bear room, the girls will set the bears a different way each day, we did the same and had fun with them
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathyMike89
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed at many inns on the shore. This is definitely one of our top picks. Peter the manager will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. Very clean and breakfast was great too. Bicycles are fun to have around and you can't beat the location. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: go for the #10 suite. Definitely worth the extra $
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The inn is clean and quaint. Each room is unique with private bath. They give you a complimentary bicycle and beach badge. It is only 2 blocks from the beach and very close to area restaurants. The breakfast was amazing - one of the best omelette and waffles ever.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple