$75
  • Beachfront
$71
$154
TripAdvisor
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)
$395
$269
  • Bar/Lounge
$98
$101
All reviewsfunky smellspring lakelocation is fantasticspacious porchbeach badgesenjoyed our stayother gueststhe cottagescolumnstowels
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we have stayed here for a few years in a row on Labor Day. They have a 4 night stay for labor day weekend. I have seen people come and go for one or two nights only. This year I was only able to stay 3 nights, I asked for a three night stay, was told no its four nights ...... so we stayed someplace else enjoyed our three nights at the Shore, and wont be back to Avon. The shame of it is its a nice place, Bob is a great guy and great cook.

Room Tip: the bear room, the girls will set the bears a different way each day, we did the same and had fun with them
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathyMike89
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed at many inns on the shore. This is definitely one of our top picks. Peter the manager will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. Very clean and breakfast was great too. Bicycles are fun to have around and you can't beat the location. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: go for the #10 suite. Definitely worth the extra $
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The inn is clean and quaint. Each room is unique with private bath. They give you a complimentary bicycle and beach badge. It is only 2 blocks from the beach and very close to area restaurants. The breakfast was amazing - one of the best omelette and waffles ever.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Avon Manor. Peter, one of the two innkeepers at the property, was just phenomenal. he anticipates your every need, he is amazingly gracious, and simply make you feel like you are a celebrity at the Ritz Carlton.

The breakfast's he prepared are just great. There's really nothing else to say. They are honest to goodness home made breakfasts that are restaurant quality. The blueberry pancakes are a must - so is the Chambord French Toast. He must use 4 eggs in each omelet - light, fluffy and done perfectly. I think you can tell - we really loved the food.

We stayed in a "suite" - number 5. It was perfect for our needs. Room was spotless, bed was comfortable and the housekeeping service was perfect.

if you want to go to the shore and have a great time, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Thanks to Greg, Jim and Jeff, me and my fiance had the most unforgetable romantic weekend. We never get a chance to be alone since we have a 5yr old and never get away. I always try to make the best of any time away but this trip was by far the best ever! We can back relaxed and feel like we renewed our love!

My fiance and I were looking for a B&B to try for our wedding/honeymoon for next summer and Avon Manor is definitely the one. there's NO complaints. We had booked one night in the "moonlight" room and it was cute and cozy. We were only supposed to stay one night but Jeff had offered us to stay again because we didn't want to leave and so we stayed in the "sunset" room. There are journals in each room to write about your stay and the room and I loved reading them about other people's stay! We had the pleasure of meeting an older couple that stayed up the one night with us and Jeff too. We all had a great time together. We felt like we lived there, that's how much we were welcomed! Anything we wanted, we asked, and the guys were happy to make us happy. We even had some coffee at night! The beach was so close that the last morning we decided to walk to the beach to see the sunrise in our PJ's..

Some notes:
The breakfast is big, cooked to order and YUMMY!!!
The bedrooms had everything you need and the beds were SO comfy
There are beach badges to a BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN beach (the best I've seen in NJ!!)
There are beach towels that are red, so we always found our way back to our beach chairs when we swam.
Everyone in that town were so nice. Everyone said hi!
Two great places to eat, the Pavillion and Columns!
The boardwalk is very clean
The beach has NO litter (there are garbage cans everywhere)
We used the Inn's bikes and road around everywhere
There is an outside shower at the Inn for when you come back from the beach, you can shower before going to your room
The ocean water was really clean (I actually went in and I'm picky. I wont go if I can't see my feet!)
The sand is SOFT
The water at the Inn made my hair shiny and nice and soft!
The Inn also has menu's to surrounding places to eat so you may decide what to eat before actually going to "find" something.
and feeling like the Inn was my home was important to me!

Enjoy!! You must stay here. The best B&B I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple