“A Summer Special!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avon Pavilion

Avon Pavilion
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beachside restaurant with outdoor and indoor seating, serving breakfast, lunch and a more upscale yet casual, gourmet dinner experience.
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“A Summer Special!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Although it's mid Summer, sunny, hot and a potential wait of a few minutes, a lunch at the Avon Pavilion is worth it. Great open air eatery, quick and efficient service. Although the lunch menu is small it still offers enough variety to please everyone. Try the Margarita nachos for an appetizer. You can't go wrong with either crab cake or fried flounder sandwiches. Remember it's a BYOB establishment and not a 4 star Zigat's gourmet restaurant. Just a Jersey Shore boardwalk eatery!

Princeton, New Jersey
“Perfect romantic dinner on the beach”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, I worked here as a teenager for a few summers and since then I've been hooked. I recently had dinner here and both my date and I were so happy. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, the food was delish, and it was just a perfect night. Breakfast and lunch is just as good too!

Durham, NH
“Great view, great food, great management”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

While staying with my adult cousins at Avon by the Sea, I wanted to take them to dinner at a restaurant with wonderful food AND a great view. One of my cousins suggested Avon Pavilion--on the beach. They're gourmet cooks and I seek out restaurant views. The Avon Pavilion was perfect for us. On the day we had picked, Avon experienced thunderstorms with buckets of rain as we were leaving her house. Somehow, the minute the rain stopped, the manager (owner?) and his wait staff swept away the standing water that came through his expensive "rainproof" porch awning onto the main floor. We all ordered different items for appetizers and dinners and were extremely pleased with what we were served and the service.

Wall Township, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Location Horrible Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I would love to meet the anyone that reviewed this as good food!!!! I will buy your next meal if you can sit there and enjoy it ! I am local to the area and have been here both Pre and Post Sandy. Both times the food was horrible. Most recently I went there on Sunday Night 7:30 PM. There was no wait and we went right in. We sat and ordered bottled water. The waitress came out with 4 plastic water bottles...squeeze type with no lids? I think they charged us $4 each. we had to squirt the water into our on glasses. No class at all. We ordered and the meals were served..everything from lobster to crab cakes. Everyone at the table was amazed at how horrible the food was. The crab cake was gray in color and tasted like it was thawed out refrozen and cooked again. We told the waitress and some other identified woman came to the table. We told her how unhappy we were with our uneaten meals ...she left and did nothing and charged us for everything? We then tried to get ice cream from the same owner next to the restaurant. A small (really small) soft cone was $5!! It tasted like ice cream mix not ice cream!!! we went o sit on a bench and enjoy...the benches were full of melted ice cream you could not even walk around them with out sticking to everything! Absolutely horrible experience. My advice is to get some good take out from your favorite place and get some beach chairs and really enjoy your meal!

1 Thank Chugger2014
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Nice setting, good food. Fantastic ribs...”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went for dinner at the Avon Pavilion this past Sunday. Got there just before open at 5:30, small line, but as soon as 5:30 hit, we were seated immediately. We started with the caesar salad which was a good size and very fresh, can easily be split. For our meals, we ordered the Baby Back Ribs and the Paseo' Braised Pork. Before our meals came out, they serve Italian sliced bread with Bruschetta. Delicious ! The ribs were very tender and the Chef's BBQ sauce was over the top good. Will definitely get again. The braised pork was ok. Tender pork with rice and black beans, but the whole meal sits in it's own juices and was a bit runny. Some of the seafood dishes around us looked great. All I know is I'm definitely coming back here for this ribs and cornbread.