“Great View, Good Service”
Review of The Columns

The Columns
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The restaurant has great ocean views and the servers are good, perhaps a little quick at removing items. The parking is a problem. We parked three blocks from the restaurant and the space that we got was just a lucky break.

There are newer reviews for The Columns

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had lunch on the porch overlooking the ocean. The view is great and the food ok. The prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly.
Little things like having to be very specific about your order are annoying. I didn't think I had to request that my bread be toasted when ordering a club sandwich, never ran into that one before.
It is worth going just for the view.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent the day at the beach in Sea Girt and thought we would take a ride down through all the beaches to check out a place to grab an early dinner. So glad we gave it a try. Huge place, good service and a lot to choose from. Between 4-5 they are only serving apps but have happy hour specials. We will be back!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch on the outside porch of this older seashore restaurant in Avon. Beautiful beach views and good variety of seafood and other dishes as well. There is music at night several days a week inside as well.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best part of The Columns is the view of the Atlantic Ocean. We ate here on a Saturday evening, and made sure we got there early (5pm) so that we wouldn't have to wait for a table. We were seated immediately upon arrival.

Our drinks and appetizers were good and arrived timely. Dinners took forever to arrive, I didn't time it, but it was a good 35-40 minutes from when our appetizers were brought out. My daughter's filet mignon was supposed to be cooked medium and was WELL DONE and charred. The chicken franciase that my husband had was good, as was the cajun seasoned swordfish that I had.

Not sure if The Columns is a place we will hit again during our annual stay at the Jersey shore. There are so many places to choose from, and for the price of the food at The Columns I would expect much better.

1  Thank MicheleSto