“Great spot in Avon-by-the-Sea”
Review of The Columns

The Columns
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch on the outside porch of this older seashore restaurant in Avon. Beautiful beach views and good variety of seafood and other dishes as well. There is music at night several days a week inside as well.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best part of The Columns is the view of the Atlantic Ocean. We ate here on a Saturday evening, and made sure we got there early (5pm) so that we wouldn't have to wait for a table. We were seated immediately upon arrival.

Our drinks and appetizers were good and arrived timely. Dinners took forever to arrive, I didn't time it, but it was a good 35-40 minutes from when our appetizers were brought out. My daughter's filet mignon was supposed to be cooked medium and was WELL DONE and charred. The chicken franciase that my husband had was good, as was the cajun seasoned swordfish that I had.

Not sure if The Columns is a place we will hit again during our annual stay at the Jersey shore. There are so many places to choose from, and for the price of the food at The Columns I would expect much better.

1  Thank MicheleSto
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good food and drink..Fun but sometimes a little rowdy..Great views of ocean.Friendly staff and terrific takeout grill for quick food.

1  Thank akcotax
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just 2 short blocks to my hotel, beautiful ocean views, great live band, terrific food and very accommodating wait staff. Been going there for years and I've never been disappointed!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nothing better after a day at the beach than to just walk across the street to sit on a beautiful wrap around porch facing the ocean for a drink(s) and some very good appetizers. The Columns provides it all. Good drinks and appetizers with dinner specials everyday beginning at 5:00PM. We looked forward to the Columns visit everyday over our four day visit to the Jersey shore. Reasoanbly priced.