“Great experience”
Review of Castle Zaman

Castle Zaman
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Taba
More attraction details
Owner description: The Castle hosts the only slow-food restaurant in the region, swimming pool, cocktail bar and treasure dungeon (gift shop).
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Made this our "Must do" for our holiday and went to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary; Rather out of the way, but a magical place; lovely people and excellent food though a little pricey.
Think Flintstones Dinosaur joints and you have some idea of the portion size!

1  Thank foxartmary

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Do you want to know the heaven? then you have to go to Castle Zaman.
This is a wonderful place well managed by Nina.

Swimming pool, shower, sauna, lunch, coffee... there is a great attention for all the details.

there are also a beautiful object homemade to buy.

But an other thing is important:
After a person goes to castel Zaman, something magical happens like at the end of a beautiful tale.

federico

1  Thank fedepinde
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner and I went there 2 weeks ago while enjoying our holiday in Taba Heights. I had read a lot about Castle Zaman and had high expectations. A taxi picked us up from the hotel and about a half hour later we pulled up to the castle.

We met with Layla and Lucy, and then went on to discover the place. It is so beautiful, the pool, the building, the treasure room, the views. Magnificent really!

We enjoyed lounging around the pool, having coffees, beer. A very relaxing day.

Only after I asked, Lucy brought the dogs out, we played in the pool with them, it was great fun!
The pool is so clean, so nice, so relaxing! The changing rooms & toilets were very nice as well, all in all, this was a beautiful place. We will definitely go back!!

Now on to the food, I ordered the Seafood orgy, my partner the Lamb feast.
Oh my god! The food was very good, cooked to perfection, and soooo much of it. It was just perfect. We enjoyed a good bottle of Egyptian wine with it as well. It's not cheap, but reasonable and you do get great value.

Seeing the sun set there was magical and seeing the moon rise even more spectacular. We also made friends with some locals visiting the place and had a great night.

This to us was one of the highlights of our vacation in Taba, we can only recommend this gem!

Thank you Lucy, Layla & the whole staff! We will be back!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a wonderful experience, this place is magic and unique. In the middle of the mountains just in front of the sea. Staff its so nice and the views are amazing.The pool is crazy, you can swim and see the sea at the same time. Food is excellence. I will never forget this place, will we always in my heart, in my dreams, for ever.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a day!!, its location is simply beautiful,spend the day chilling out the pool is stunning, sauna spot on, and snorkelling on the beach is great so undisturbed and peaceful.
And then dinner well what can i say i enjoyed the lamb tagine whilst my partner tucked into the seafood, absolutely outstanding!!! a table of salads, egyptian rice, lamb falling away from the bone and seafood heaven, crab, prawn, squid, the list goes on.
The ladies at the castle are lovely and you are made to feel like welcome guests in their beautiful home !
well worth a day out, only 20 mins from Taba too!