“I liked”

and 1 more site!
Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Lovely hotel. Rest in November 2012. Loved it. Large landscaped area, a clean room, a spacious restaurant, a nice beach, fun animations. Liked best about attentive, friendly and helpful staff that their smiles creating a good mood. Thank cooks. Great buffet. A large variety of food, lots of fruit. -Little shops. The best "Moment Bazar" on the beach. Thank Yoniss and Loka. They excellent guys, attentive and polite with all tourists, helped always. Without them, the vacation would not be so good. I think that all tourists to communicate with them, remember them and miss them. A lot of products at good prices. Possible even place an order. I will recommend the hotel to all my friends. I hope to come again. Thank you for the wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hello!
I would like to say "Thank's a lot" to all staff of Sonesta Taba.
I spent my vacations in your hotel in 2010 and in November of 2012.
Hotel was very nice in 2010 and it became better now. It is very beautiful, food is great, all staff is very polite.
There are good shops in the hotel, I bought nice presents for my friends. I hope to visit Sonesta Taba in 2013, have a good vacation and buy Egyptian carpet and Marmaria in Yoniss's Moment Bazar.
Unfortunately, his shop is not inside of hotel, I hope it will be near Sonesta Taba in 2013. Yoniss and Loka are hospitable and hearty as staff of hotel.
Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Julia T
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've been in many hotels in Egypt,but sonesta beach resort taba was awesome!Rooms,food,animation were great!Special thanks for personal,they always keep smiling and helpful!And about Moment Bazaar:u will always find all u need here,the best wishes for Mohamed-U helped make our holiday best!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alltaba
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear alltaba

Thank you for this lovely review , it is our honor to find that our staff helped making your vacation a good one , we hope to be always up to your expectations . See you soon at our resort

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were there in september 2012 for 1 month. First impressions were really good and we were impressed with both the size and cleanliness of the room. We were disappointed that most trips had been cancelled due to troubles in Egypt. The hotel was in a very pitoresque place but also isolated with nowhere to walk to outside. We had wanted a relaxing beach holiday so this did not concern us too much. We also found that due to the low season, the hotel was not full and therefore some restaurants and bars had been closed. However, we still had two to choose from. The food was very good and I want to give a compliment to the executive chef from the kitchen Mahmoud Tayea or Taia. What made the holiday so fantastic was the combination of a beautiful beach surrounded by mountains, peace and tranquility, which we may not have got if it was peak season, and the hotel staff. From managers through to cleaners, we were treated brilliantly. The staff could not do enough for us and went out of their way to ensure we had the most perfect holiday. Which I have to say they succeeded, we had great company and conversation in the evenings from staff and were treated like celebrities at all times. I can recommend this hotel for its outstanding service and cannot fault the staff. If it's a quiet, relaxing beach holiday with good company in the evenings you want then I highly recommend this hotel. I will be returning in September 2013 when possible .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Herman M

Dear Herman M,

It is our honor that our Sonesta Team helped in making your vacation a good one , we will pass on your nice comments to the staff , I am sure they will be very happy and we are waiting for you in September

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We spent 2 weeks over christmas & new year here & loved it.
We had a lovely room but it faced away from the sun so we upgraded to a suite which was absolutely lovely. It over looked the beach & the view was spectacular.
The rooms are clean & spacious & well looked after by our room boy Romany.
The Palmira restaurant was bright & spacious serving an assortment of foods to suit all tastes.
The chefs Mahmoud & his team did a wonderful job every day but even more so in making the food for new years eve party.
As the hotel was not full some of the restaurants were not open but this is to be expected & was not a problem to us.
The main lobby area or piano bar is nice to spend evenings where Ahmed & Mostafa kept us well served.
There is a disco (Ramisis) which is also used for evening entertainment by the animation team.
The beach is beautiful. The sea was shallow but you can swim out farther out to a reef with wonderful sea life. The beach boys did a great job keeping it all tidy....even doing towel art on our sunbeds.
Unfortunately i was taken ill on christmas day & was taken care of in the hotels clinic. The Dr was brilliant in making me well & even visiting me in my room the day after & contacting me regularly to check on my health.
The Food & beverage manager Yasser & assistant manager Adel was so helpful during this time in making sure we had all we needed....a special thank - you to them.
We did attempt to use the spa but as it was just opening it was damp , smelly & un organised so we didnt bother but we did pedicures & hair cut in the hotels salon shop which was very good.
This is a lovely hotel for relaxing as you have everything you need in one place & we will definately be returning.
Thank -you to all the staff for such a wonderful holiday !

Room Tip: room with even numbers in the winter as they get the sun.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear loversofthesun ,

Thank you for this nice detailed review , I have send your nice comments to the staff in Taba and I am sure they will be very happy , we hope to host you again soon at our resort

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I travelled alone on a last minute deal to the hotel. All the staff went out there way to make me feel very comfortable and happy. The hotel is fantastic, the rooms perfect and the food great. I am a veggi and had a great selection each meal time. The hotel is directly on the beach and immaculately clean and runs smoothly. The animation team kept guests entertain well. Special thanks to deputy manager Adel, garrah, ibrahim, Mohamed, moustafa, Essam, tamer, wael to name but a few. The team moody, Mara and Tito. I did some diving with gamel and used the spa with special thanks to Eslam and sherif. My holiday was made extra special with the two great lads in moment bazaar on the beach, Yoniss and loka great guys had lots of time and knowledge of the area, plenty of great gifts at very good prices. If Yoniss didn't have something you need he would get it for you no trouble. I will recommend to all my friends and family and visit sonesta beach very soon. My Egyptian family. Thank you for the best holiday in my life. Perfect

Room Tip: I had sea and garden view room 2019 loved this room but the sun was not on the balcony any part of t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have just returned from 3 weeks holiday in Sonesta beach I booked for 2 weeks but stayed an
extra week because I enjoyed it so much.
On arrival at the hotel I was shaken but not stirred by the wonderfull warm reception I recieved. I was escorted to my room by a very freindly porter who spoke excellent English, the room was of ample proportion with ajoining bathroom and balcony which was on the sunny side of the hotel with a view of the sea and in the distance the colourfull mountains of Soudi Arabia. The room was cleaned twice a day by the very professional cleaning staff who usualy left a strange creacher on the bed made up of towels etc.
The food in the varied restaurant was cooked to a very high standard of good quality, there was a good selection of meat and fish with lots of varying vegetables, potatoes and rice. The salad section was always so very fresh with a good selection accompanied by lots of different home cooked bread, and the pudding table you had to be careful of as it would be very easy to put on a few extra pounds !
The restaurant manager Garrah and the food and beverage manager Adel wre both extremley freindly and helpful nothing was to much trouble.
On the beach the beds and towels were of good quality and clean and attended to by helpul staff.
As to other activities is a place to go to to just chill out and relax and be entertained by the very hard working animation team who amused us in different ways, my favorite was Tito who i developed a close bond with like father and son.
I kept my self busy most days fishing but often there were so many differant kinds of fish and I had only one rod that I couldnt catch them all.
All in all it was a wonderful experiance could not fault the place in any way, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms with even numbers face the sun, but in high season when its hot maybee better in the shade...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
#1 of 15 in Nuweiba
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
El Wekala Resort, Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!