“Desert fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Taba
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Desert fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Sofitel, Taba Heights with my husband. We found the hotel to be very well run, with spacious and clean bedrooms. We enjoyed the adults-only , quiet swimming pool and the comfortable sun beds arranged around it. It was pretty hot while we were there so the pool was essential. We also enjoyed a three day diving package at Waterworld. The reefs we dived on are not the best we've seen but they were interesting to visit. And despite the heat we also managed 9 holes of golf late one afternoon on the golf course which runs through the centre of the resort. If you plan to use it, be aware that Egyptian families seem to consider the course as a nice place to have a picnic. We found a family sitting by the side of the 3rd green, with their kids playing football on the green. They ignored our whistles and shouts from the tee so we simply drove our balls at the hole and left it to them to get out of the way. Not something you'd normally come across! The one thing we found less than stunning was the food at Sofitel. In the main it was pretty repetitive, although the evening barbecues were good. I also suffered from a very upset stomach while we were there. It could have been the heat but I was pretty wary about what I ate after that.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the adults-only, quiet swimming pool are nice and quiet, although the views from t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sofitel-Taba, General Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear guest ,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel services.
I will pass your comments to the concerned team members and we will be waiting to welcome you back in the near future.

Bert Plas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our forth visit to the Sofitel Taba and once again we had a fantastic holiday. The Hotel is clean, the rooms are perfect and all the staff are amazing!!!. Nothing is to much trouble for them, everyone is falling over themselves to ensure you enjoy your holiday. Both Heba's all the Restaurant and Bar Staff, Reception, House Keeping, the Animation Team and the Management team could not be more helpful or pleasant to deal with. The best Customer Service of any hotel I have ever stayed. We were joined in our second week with by some of our family including our 20 month old granddaughter and they were treated like royalty. The Asiatic Restaurant is out of this world, we had the best meal ever ! The atmosphere was calm and relaxed with the extremely entertaining chef cooking our meal before our eyes, excellent value for money. The Spa is beautiful and so relaxing and once again excellent value for money. About half of all the people we met on our holiday had stayed at this hotel before and the ones that hadn't said they would be returning. We will defiantly be returning again really cannot believe that Thompson are thinking about pulling out of this hotel next year. Huge, huge mistake.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good but if you have small children ask for a Garden room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My second visit to the Sofitel and this time I was with my 22 year old daughter and we just had the most amazing time. We wanted time together relaxing in the sun, reading good books and just chilling and that is exactly what we did. All the staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Pool and beach faclities are fantastic, beautifully clean and loads of comfortable beds at anytime of day. We both had amazing treatments in the Spa in fact the best massage I've even had, WOW. I've got to go back for a 3rd visit, just so I can have another treatment. Can't believe my ears that Thomson may not be offering this holiday again next year because if I want the perfect place to just Chill and guaranteed sun, I want to go to the Sofitel in Taba Heights and nowhere else, so please listen to your customers and keep this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in Block 3 over looking quiet pool are great but equally rooms over looking main pool and beac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sue S
On behalf of the team members ,I would like to tank you for this great review .
Thank you for choosing Sofitel Taba Heights once more , it is always a pleasure to welcome you back
It is a great pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable holiday at Sofitel Taba Heights.

Chinnor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wow, another wonderful holiday in Sofitel, Taba Heights. It is amazing the amount of guests who have stayed at the hotel many many times. Every member of staff is so welcoming and eager to please. Check in is so swift and efficient and the Reception staff just take care of everything on arrival. I am always so happy to be back there.

There is plenty to do if you wish to be active but at the same time it is such a peaceful place to be that one completely unwinds. The sea is so clear with beautiful fish and plenty of viewing options even if you do not wish to snorkel.

The Recreation Team take good care of you around the pool and on the beach and the Animation Team are constantly entertaining, particularly enjoyable is the daily aqua gym.

The waiting staff could not be more helpful and friendly.

I can't wait to return later in the year.

Room Tip: The Plaza Rooms have a very large balcony with loungers, chairs and table.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bren P

Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I can't thank the staff for making our holiday special for us it was our 35th wedding aniversary we had cake flowers in our room petals on our bed all we wished for and more we have already booked to go back in september. We would like to say a big thank you to all the staff a few names heba,Rico and team big mo and team, we are wait to hear if Thompson/first choice are going next year as we are planning to go back again to see all our friends , see the sun which we are Minot getting here. For any of you that are thinking of going the rooms are big and clean the food you have a great choice,
Lorna and John Gray

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest ,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel services.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited for the third time in six months, that is how much we love Sofitel. The quality and value for money is outstanding and staff are of such a high quality. I would dearly love to visit other parts of Egypt but think that I would be sadly disappointed as the people in Taba set a great standard. No hassling you if you go into a shop. I took a bracelet back to the jeweller at the hotel that I had bought previously and it was altered free of charge. We stayed in block one on this occasion, think I would probably opt for block three in future as it is quieter. I can't add anything to anyone else's rave reviews except use the the laundry if you get a chance it is so cheap and so beautifully cleaned and presented!

Please Thomson keep this hotel as I won't go anywhere else now.

Room Tip: Block three top floor is great if you have good mobility.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HolidaysrusLondon

Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our second time to Sofitel and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The staff here are truly pleasant, very helpful and always have a smile on their face. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily with fresh towels and bottled water replaced in your fridge daily. The restaurant staff are great and always there to clear your table and refresh your drinks. We had a lovely young chap, I think his name was Shibal, he was so friendly and always smiling he looked after us during our weeks stay. Cant really complain about anything and would definitely visit for a third time.
The Thompson flight however was crippling for me as the leg space is far too tight, I am 5ft 9 and my legs where totally squashed in and ended up with swollen ankles when I got off the aircraft. I think it was a Boeing 757 and I would definitely not wish to use this aircraft again if flying for more than two hours. Feel sorry for you if you 6ft or over, even the head rest juts out so you cant put your head back and relax. Worst flight ever!
All in all though the hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple