“Fantastic”

Swiss Inn Dream Resort Taba
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel has received a varied set of reviews, but I can only review as I found and it was great!
We were welcomed with a drink and hot towels to freshen up after our long journey, and escorted to our rooms with our luggage promptly following. The resort itself is very clean and tidy and the garden maintenance team work tirelessly to ensure that everything is in great shape. The food in the restaurant is very good, Breakfasts consist of cereals, omelettes made to your liking, scrambled and fried eggs a type of sausage, pastries croissants, pancakes and waffles, a selection of yoghurts fruits in juices (apricots palms and figs) and bread made by the resident baker that is delicious. Lunch is various dishes from pizza to home made hot dogs or beefburgers with salads etc, For dinner Roasts, Tuna fish, Pasta, Pizza, stews and Salads and we had great fun guessing what some of the dishes were as their spelling or identification of items was not always spot on! sorry guys, on the sweet table if they didn't know the name it became 'Pudding' or 'Cake'. The hotel was quite empty when there but the lads could not do enough to please you, and no, they did not always expect a tip. I did tip at the end of my holiday and they were most grateful, but please be aware the guys there do a shift pattern of 20 - 25 days work and then have 10 days off, so I later found that tipping little and often is best or you may find that waiters may disappear for their days off and you will be gone before your chance to leave them a tip. My room was very comfortable, spacious and a nicer room I have never had. The bed was a large double and is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in 20 years of travelling. The room was cleaned each day and was immaculate, the bed had fresh bed linen every few days and there was always plenty of towels. I had to ask for an extra pillow and more clothes hangers but these were received within 10 minutes of the request being made, and I was left some great towel sculptures when the cleaner came, you really would be hard pushed to find anything to complain about both inside, around the hotel and outside. The pools both heated and non were clean and good sized and the beach and parasols were great, the beach is very clean, but beware when going into the sea, there are lots of stones so you need beach shoes to tread on them and go into the water which is clean and clear. From the beach you can see across to Jordan, Eilat and Saudi Arabia on a clear day and looking at the hotel from the beach you get a view of the beautiful mountains that surround the hotel. The waiting/bar staff liked to get to know you and they soon knew your preferred drink with each meal and even the little bits that you liked to accompany your meal. The entertainment team tried their best despite from the original 6 only 2 were still there (just due to the low numbers at this time). The General Manager and his management team walked the hotel and grounds every day and the General manager also ate his meals in the restaurant, this was nice to see and most appreciated by the guests, you could eat inside or outside for all meals as you wished.. I must mention Muhammed on reception, he was one of the nicest and helpful people I have ever met. The cash machine swallowed my card at 7.09 pm on a Saturday (which is their Holy day) and the engineer came to the hotel at 8.45 pm that same day, without any fuss to retreive it. The hotel welcome meeting for Thomsons is well worth going to as they do not pressure you into taking any trips, you do as much or as little as you wish, but one trip to really recommend is the trip to Jerusalem. It is a very long day, you leave the hotel at 03.40 am and do not return until about 11.00 pm, and anyone with walking problems will have difficulty as there is an awful lot of steps and walking. The guide Danny is a true gem and he made the trip funny but very informative. As a general point, change more money than you need or take euro's to jerusalem (they don't take Egyptian Pounds) as you are best getting your gifts etc, here as there is a much better choice and prices than the hotel and the few gifts available at the airport are very very expensive.
I make no apologies for the length of this review as you need to know everything to have an informed view of this fabulous hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and its fabulous staff and I will be making a return trip, I just hope that Thomsons start to operate from Birmingham airport as Manchester seemed to be a problem for a lot of people. On a personal note I must thank David and Pat from Nantwich and Sarah and Michelle from Swindon who were great fun for the two weeks we were there. As always I must stress if you have any problems or queries, please make them known to reception. They want to help and get things sorted for you, as your happiness and comfort is their main priority, but they can't do this if you don't tell them and just sit and moan about it to your friends, give them a chance you will be surprised !

Room Tip: All Rooms have a good view don't pay extra unless you want a superior room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank lynnette5

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was a guest at the Swiss Inn Hotel in january, i did not know what to expect as i have never been to egypt before. The hotel exceeded all expectations! The staff are second to none, Polite, helpful, always smiling and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food was plentiful and lots of variety. The waiters soon get to know what you like to drink with your meal, and there was always a glass of red waiting for me! The rooms are spacious and immaculate. Cleaned daily and my cleaner omat did some amazing creations with the towels, i never saw him without a huge smile on his face.If you want to join in any activities you can be sure of a good time or remain anonymus which ever you choose. the front office manager Ahmed Saad is probably one of the nicest people i have ever met and is often to be seen walking the grounds talking to guests and ensuring everything is to their satisfaction. I saw daily walks around the immaculate grounds with the management team and if something was not to their liking it was put right immediatly. There was never any rubbish lying around, the idea of supplying you with a bottle of water on your arrival to fill at any of the water coolers around the hotel is a fantasic idea, you never see empty plastic bottles lying around as you do in some countries. A very well thought out idea. You are a well respected guest in this hotel: Would i go again? Ofcourse i am going in May! Thank you to all the staff and management in The Swiss Inn, I had the best holiday ever and cannot praise you enough

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank 261janet
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Swiss Inn Dream Resort Taba, from the18/12/2012 till 25/12/2012. All of the Staff were brilliant, the room was spotless well cleaned every day. Fresh Bottled water and fresh fruit in the room every day. Plenty of activities and entertainment to keep you going. Was such a delight to be on the resort and to be surrounded by staff who tend to your every need. Service was second to none tables cleared straightaway, never had an empty glass. Young Mohammed in the lobby bar was amazing his service was second to none, were greeted by a smile and a drink everytime. Never had to wait around for service. The choice of food was brilliant always plenty to eat and plenty to select from. Mr Rahn the manager was always walking around the resort conversating with guests, very friendly gentleman. Will Defo be returning in the near future

Room Tip: Superior room is worth the extra charge
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anne S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we stayed for two weeks starting jan 1st 2013
firstly...the hotel and staff are great...dont believe the bad reviews!
amazing scenery
great snorkelling&beach
lovely weather...
...ok so there could be greater choice of food and cocktails but it is a reasonably priced 4* and seriously what are some people expecting?!
the holiday is more than the food surely.
The manager mr ahmed is lovely and hany and emad are top waiters.
my wife and i had a great holiday and even got to go to jerusalem while here too.
you wont find a hotel better situated in the sinai region!

Room Tip: all rooms are great dont worry
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank james s
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel with Thomson's and was under the belief that it was a 4* Hotel with a heated pool, 4 restaurants and lots of activities and entertainment. How wrong were Thomson's when they published this in their brochure.

I went for Christmas and New Year with my mum and we didn't even last 3 days in this hotel. The food was terrible and incredibly limited, unless you love chicken and rice every night with a side portion of flies! Flies infest the restaurant day and night and since 70% of the food is not covered it was really hard to eat something without flies in or on it! Stray cats roamed the restaurant spraying on the curtains and in the shish tent all over the cushions, the smell is unbearable, and whats more the staff don't even seem to care even when you chase away the cats from your dinner table.

The pool is not heated and is freezing cold, I didn't see anyone in the pool for the 3 days we spent at this hotel, the manager didn't seem to care when questioned why the pool was not heated.

There should have been 4 restaurants according to the brochure, we asked the holiday rep where they were as we could not work it out. It turned out that there was the buffet restaurant, American bar/ restaurant ( which was closed) The fish restaurant which you had to pay for. We asked where the fourth restaurant was as we had been unable to find it, we could not believe that it was situated outside near the pool area.

Considering this was supposed to be a 4* All Inclusive hotel you would think you would at least get daily bottles of water for your room,think again. Every day you had to take your empty bottle up to reception or the restaurant to be re-filled. We found this very degrading having to queue up each day for drinking water.

The entertainment was a huge disappointment, although the entertainer Jonny was fabulous and really tried to entertain the guests day and night on his own, it wasn't his fault the hotel was scrimping on entertaining their paying guests. All the entertainment was outside at night and it was far to cold. Quite a few of us approached the manager to ask why this could not be held inside so that everyone could at least join in, surprise, surprise he just walked away from us. Even the other staff at the hotel felt they had to apologise for his rudeness.

The staff at this hotel were great, very attentive and friendly, the manager however was a rude arrogant pig. We could not spend the next 10 days of our holiday at this hotel and asked the rep to move us to another hotel, even though we ended up paying to move it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Stockport187069
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Swiss inn dream resort in June 2012. On our first day at the hotel we had our bags taken to our room for us by the staff and were given a refreshing drink. When we arrived at our room we had two separate beds (not a double like we had booked) when we rang room service to ask if we could change rooms, they said no, came to our room, and just pushed the beds together. We arrived at the hotel early evening so we were just in time for a relaxing dinner after the long flight, or so we thought. My boyfriend and I made our way to the restaurant and were turned away by staff as my boyfriend had shorts on, we were not told by Thompson that men had to wear long trousers for dinner, and it never mentioned it in the brochure, the staff wouldn't let him anywhere near the 'restaurant' so I had to go and pick his food for him and they told us we had to eat on our balcony!

The next day the manager told us that if my boyfriend did not have trousers he could not eat in the restaurant, we had booked a 2 week holiday so we had to go all the way to Taba heights to get some. They didn't have ANY trousers that were long enough so he got 3/4 lengths as we thought it was better than nothing. When we got back to the hotel we explained to the manager that they were all we could get and he said it was fine and sorry for the inconvenience. When we went to the 'restaurant' that night, we were turned away AGAIN! I explained to the man on the door that the manager said it was fine but he just wasn't listening, I went and got the manager to explain to the staff that it was ok, finally we were allowed in, HOORAY!! But only to be turned away another THREE times during out stay forcing us to go to Taba heights so have a stress free dinner!

The food is awful, it's either, chips, chicken, pasta or beef and potatoes. We met some couples at the hotel so we went to the restaurant together only to find glass in our food! The stray cats are disgusting, the staff don't do anything about them eating leftovers off the plates on the tables! One of the cats had half a tail which was bleeding all over the floor!

The entertainment is non existent, doesn't change. There was a belly dancer, a glass walker and a singer who forgot the words to almost every song. There is nothing in the way of entertainment for children or young adults like myself.

The people who come round who offer you trips are also a problem, as soon as you sit beside the pool they are after your money for trips and they come and harass you at least 5 times a day even if you tell them you aren't interested.

Our shower door was broken which cause our room to flood as the water had went all over the bathroom floor and into the bed room, it took them 2 days to fix!

The one thing I would definitely DEFINITELY recommend is the snorkeling, you go on a all day snorkeling trip, you are treated like royalty, soft drinks are always topped up for you and you are provided with lovely food, it's an all British trip and the rep speaks amazing English so you won't have any trouble communicating if you have a problem. It was an amazing experience with hundreds of amazing fish to see so make sure you take an underwater camera, we didn't and we were gutted! Also take lots of sun cream, our backs got very sunburnt as you swim for at least an hour at the 4 different locations.

The one member of staff that was amazing was Mostafa the bar man, he was the nicest guy there and was always a good laugh.

Overall we thought the hotel and beach were beautiful but the staff made our first holiday together a nightmare, I wouldn't go there again.

Sorry it's so long! I hope it was helpful :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank THall93
Reviewed January 4, 2013

All rooms are lovely,great views and I have to say the staff here are fantastic... however I am aware that they cannot be held responsible for the poor choice in food and the open buffet was covered in flies every day, and the choice of food very very limited. The cats that hang around do have a tendency to spray all over the net curtains.very strong smell of cat wee near curtains and in the Shish tent. Pools were supposed to be heated but were freezing cold, no-one ever went in. The tour rep was very unhelpful when we had issues. Shall not be returning here again. Definately not a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a person who appreciates food please do not use this hotel you will be really disappoint...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple