2,731 results
All reviews the palm court animation team marhaba restaurant main restaurant fish special thanks hilton hotel dive centre tasty food second home sea water general manager sea view belly dancing great holiday amazing hotel the hotel manager
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I recently stayed here with my husband to celebrate his birthday. We had a brilliant time! I recommend hiring a cabana!
Thank you Sayid and Romany in the main restaurant.They made our stay special.
Watching England match surrounded by Russians--- different!!!!!
Martin-- hope you appreciated the pork scratchings!
We will be back.

2  Thank TeessideTravelfan
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on our Hotel.

Great to see that you enjoyed your holiday. Watching football with other nationalities is always interesting, it was harder to watch the German v England game with our German friends in the Rocks Room.

Many thanks for the Pork Scratchings - it funny the things you really miss when you are in Egypt

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed at the hotel last week and had an amazing holiday, pure relaxation! Weather was VERY hot, 49 degrees on our day of arrival - thank goodness for air con! Arrived to a very warm welcome from staff along with a refreshing cocktail and swift check-in. We booked last minute and only able to book a standard room trough tour operator - Longwood. On arrival we looked at standard and seaview and upgraded to a seaview with balcony.

The rooms are spacious and the bed was really comfy, had great nights sleep each night. Bathroom was a good size with bath and shower over. Clean bed linen and towels each day and the room and hotel were always immaculately cleaned.

Taba airport itself is very small with only basic amenities but arrival and departure both went very smoothly.

The hotel is located right on the seafront with amazing coral within very easy reach, great snorkelling. We had been hoping for a relaxing week in the sun and that was just what we got, sunbathing, snorkelling and enjoying plenty of food and drink. We did not take up any of the trips available but plan to when we return for a 2 week stay in the hopefully not too distant future!

All the staff are very friendly and will do anything for you, we never felt the staff expected tips but they were gratefully received and I think their service was deserving of a tip. As has been mentioned previously there is a wide mix of nationalities at the hotel and I do think we were the most polite nation there I'm proud to say.

The entertainment staff deserve a special mention as they are so friendly, they quickly pick up on what type of holiday you're on and let you know what is going on but never harass. Sam and Midu are both an asset to the hotel.

Management were always visible and in particular Mario was both friendly and approachable on his regular checks of all the restaurants. The welcome meeting was very informative and good opportunity to meet the manager - Martin and other members of staff.

The food was of a good standard with plenty of choice at all meal times and we enjoyed both Nelson and Marhaba of an evening for sit down meals with great service.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we will definately be back - maybe even for our honeymoon as we got engaged during our stay!

2  Thank Helflem

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and kind comments.

The temperature has been very high in June and very challenging to guests and staff. It is hard to persuade some guests to be careful and explain that the temperature is the same under shade as well and don't sit out side in this temperature too long.

The hotel is fortunate to have some of the best coral reefs located directly on the beach front enabling guests easy access and a great experience.

Hope you have the opportunity to return soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Arrived At The Upgraded Nelson Village On Monday 14th June Room 1221 ,Mini Bar Not Working.or filled ,It Took24Hrs to get this filled.Rooms Clean but very dated, with cracked tiles in the Bath room and on the balcony.The food in the Palm Court Resturant was OK,As Buffets go but not up to Hilton Hotels 5 Star ratings in other Hotels we have stayed in around the World.This is not a 5 Star Hotel But A good 4 Star one. The Staff were All very Good and helpfull.We Both became sick on Thursday17th while on our way to Petra Which did not Help.and still remained sick for the rest of our Holiday. Had to go the Pharmacy for local pills as our own did not work.By the way we are still under in the UK as we Speak.Regardinq the Beach ,We Had a Digger Relaying the Beach Most nights while we were in Bed,Infact one night My Wife Got Dressed and Complained To Reception,We didnt even get an Apology from the staff.We were not the only Brits That Fell Sick,We Met at least another 12 how were sick.

2  Thank Dodge35
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your return to the UK.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your holiday and stress that we try our utmost to ensure that all guests enjoy their holiday.

During the evening we were relaying the beach with new sand as we are unable to complete this procedure during the day without closing the beach. There was one JCB vehicle that was transporting the sand from the volleyball area to the main beach. It was not our intention to cause a noise disturbance to the Nelson Village bedrooms, but to lay the new sand as quickly as possible.

The very high temperatures during June have been a big challenge to both guests and staff.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Me and my fella have just arrived back in the uk this morning following the best holiday experience at the Hilton Taba for a week. On arrival at the hotel we had to check our bags through an X-ray machine and then walk up to the entrance to the hotel where we had to walk through an X-ray machine. You can't blame them for being extra cautious, especially what happened in 2004. It certainly didn't detract from the enjoyment of the holiday. We booked our holiday through Peltours and paid an extra £75 for a super upgrade. This gave us a guaranteed sea view room, Fruit and sandwiches on the table on our arrival, a set meal in the casa taba restaurant and a late check out up to 6pm on our day of departure. Certainly something I would recommend to anyone booking with Peltours as the meal in the restaurant itself was high class and about £60 worth of food.

Our room was spotless and cleaned each day by Ibrahim (loved the towel art!...each day I wondered what I would get on my bed!). The shower was fantastic and sitting out on the balcony each morning to watch the world go by was fab. We both slept like logs each night we were there. I loved the bed soooooo much and felt sooo relaxed each morning.

The restaurants.... Palm Court Restaurant - buffet style with a good choice of food. One thing I have to point out is that the staff couldn't do enough for you. Always very attentive, smiling and willing to go that extra mile if you had any queries. It was a bit busy at key times of the day but they always found you somewhere to sit. My particular fondness was for the baklava type of sweet. Thats was lush, but only saw it on one of the times I was in that restaurant during my stay. Nelson Pub - served Tex Mex food and you had to book a table at 1.00pm each day if you wanted to go there (still all inc). That was a selection of meals such as chicken fajitas, beef chimichanga, etc. Very tasty meal and staff were friendly and willing to help. Maharba - sorry didn't get the chance to try this one out. Casa Taba - A la carte menu. I had salmon with potatoes and beetroot....very nice...and David had Filet of Beef, plus soup to start and a choice from the desserts trolley and of course all the drink you could pile in. But we didn't go mad and Saleem the manager and staff were fantastic and attentive. It was very quiet in there when we went but it didn't spoil our enjoyment of the place and I would recommend anyone go there for a meal.

The snorkelling is great just off the beach and we went on a couple of trips booked via the dive centre on site. The glass bottomed boat is a lovely hour to pass by when its hot outside!

The hotel itself is right on the israel border and is really in the middle of nowhere, but if you were like us and looking for somewhere to completely chill out, then this is the place for you. You don't have to worry about anyone trying to hassle you which does spoil some peoples holidays.

The main bit of our holiday was to go to Petra for the day. I will do a review of that another time, but would highly recommend you go. Its a VERY long day (up at 5.00am and back at 10.15pm...but we had delays at Aquaba). And on the morning we got up to go on this trip I did see people putting towels out at 5.15am. Jeeeeeez, these people have very sad lives, especially when you see the same towels on them later in the day and no one has even sat on them.

One thing we wanted to know before we went out to Egypt was what currency to take. We took dollars and GB pounds which seemed to be the best currency to take as both were widely accepted all over, but would recommend changing a bit of currency into Egyptian Pounds before you go for little things. You can change currency in the bank which is located in the hotel.

Anyway, thats about it for now. But I would wholeheartedly recommend the Hilton Taba Hotel to everyone and I will definitely like to go back again in the future. Martin and his staff were the best I have encountered and it certainly goes a long way in my book. My special thanks go to Ibrahim in the palm court restaurant and yasser who were lovely. I'm just sorry me and Ibrahim didn't manage to finish our song! :-)

BOOK THE HILTON TABA NOW! ! ! ! You will not be disappointed!!!!!

3  Thank loopylynda2902

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and photographs.

Glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation. Security at the hotel is always a high priority to ensure that our guests feel safe allowing them to relax and enjoy their holiday.

Petra is a great excursion, but definitely a long day and can be very hot.

I have passed on your comments onto the team and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I visited this hotel last week and had an "ok" time but nothing special. Yes, the service is good and the staff very friendly and helpful but there are some negatives. The beds are SO hard. The music in the restaurant is the same every meal time and gets really annoying. There are no sunbeds by the pool or on the beach available after 6am in the morning due to the Russians - god knows how they do it but we did hear that they tip the staff to put towels on them at some stupid hour. The Russians are SO rude and whilst we were there were acts of violence on members of the staff and these nasty people were quite rightly ejected from the resort. The British are in the minority - I would say 10%. There is nowhere locally to go if you don't like the food or fancy a change.

If you like to stay on resort and want a decent All-Inclusive this is a good choice but other than that nothing special.

1  Thank Holiday S
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your return to the UK from your holiday.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable.

During your visit in Taba there were 19 different nationalities in the hotel (UK, Israel, Russian, German, Italian, Czech, Ukraine, Russian, Slovakian, Egyptian, USA, French, Dutch, Serbian, Poland, Saudi etc) . As an International Hotel we do not operate the hotel using one main nationality. I can confirm that the UK was 18% of the nationality mix during your week, which is relative high within this Nationality Mix.

As you have mentioned, we do not accept any aggressive behaviour towards our staff and other guests – regardless of their nationality.

I agree with your comments that Taba is advertised as a resort location and not in a commercialised area. The nearest commercialised town is approx 10 minutes away in Eilat (subject to a smooth border crossing)