We booked AI with Libra in late February to travel during Easter. We had been to Luxor, Cairo a number of times, we chose Taba to get a trip Petra, try Snorkelling and have a rest. Flights with Viking, Taba airport pick up, timing all very good.
When we arrived at the Hilton (late evening) we were offered room upgrade from the main hotel to Nelson Village for c£50. We viewed both options and readily took the upgrade. Great decision - we loved the look and feel of Nelson Village, proximity beach & gardens. It is only a short walk to the main hotel which has the main restaurant, pool and bars. We thought the main hotel somewhat unattractive form the outside but fine inside. The buffet food was as good or better than we have had in say Luxor, however service getting a drink particularly during the evening meal was very poor. Tipping made no difference and we saw some people frustrated to the point of trying to serve themselves.
But, we must say that the service from every other Hilton employee we met was excellent. We did not use the pool, the beach was great, snorkelling by the fence seperating the Hilton with the Movenpick was amazing, but we are novices.
Trips - we like to be independant, in Luxor we would hire a Taxi for say a day and do what we want to do. In Taba, this is very difficult, perhaps not possible to do. But, this is what we did:
Eilat - The Hilton is literally metres from the Israeli border, so we went to Eilat, which was fun for a day. We also wanted to check if we could cross through Israel to get to Petra in Jordon. At the border, It took us 90 mins to get into Israel and 40 mins to back to Egypt C£30 each in fees. The taxi into Eilat was good value at £10. The taxi driver offered to pick us up, take us to Jordan border hand us over to a Jordan taxi etc. We would definetly have gone for this but for the time spent on at the border.
Petra - we booked with Libra in Taba, we went through the intinerary in detail with their courier and were assured of 3.5 to 4 hours at the Petra site. We knew it might be going wrong when our pick up was 1 hour later than others tours and then we waited over 1 hour for the boat to get across to Aqaba. We ended up with 2 hours 20 mins at Petra site, as the trip was c £175 each, pretty poor value and Petra is such an amazing place we need to go again but find a different way. We did complain to the courier who promised to get back to us, but didn't.
Finally, if you want to go to Taba, we thoroughly recomend the Hilton, but try an get a room in Nelson Vilage. Any questions? Then let us know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience world-class service at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village features panoramic Gulf of Aqaba views and a private beach area with sun loungers. The bright, spacious rooms have cable TV and plush beds. All rooms at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village are fitted with air conditioning and have a minibar. Some rooms have a balcony with views of the garden and the Red Sea. Guests can organise diving trips at the on-site diving center or relax with a massage therapy. For younger guests, Taba Hotel & Nelson Village offers a Kids’ club. Italian cuisine can be enjoyed at the Taba Hotel & Nelson Village's Casa Taba. Oriental specialties are served at Marhaba. Guests can unwind with a drink on the terrace at the Nelson Pub. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village is 20 minutes’ drive from Eilat Airport. Underwater Observatory Marine Park is just a 3-minute drive away. Free private parking is available at the hotel. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taba Hotel and Nelson Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village Hotel Taba
- Hilton Taba Resort And Nelson Village
- Hilton International Taba
- Hilton Taba Hotel Nelson Village