I hesitate to write this review as I hope that it will stay a great value. The Taba Hilton may be the best value I've encountered (I've visited 88 countries). The reason that it's a great value is twofold--it was the site of a terrorist attack in which a number of people were killed some years ago and it's "a long way from anywhere else." However, it's well worth the trip (we drove from Cairo--about a five-and-a-half hour easy drive) but you can get there from Eilat, Israel (the hotel is at the Israeli border and you can walk into Eilat, which has lots to do)--which has El Al flights from Paris or to Taba by charters from Manchester and elsewhere that bring you to directly Taba. The hotel has great security so despite the history we never felt the least bit anxious. Many travelers from UK, Germany and Israel but we met no other Americans. The grounds are great as is the somewhat narrow beach on the Red Sea/Gulf of Aqaba. Big pool. Many Acitivities for kids. Many restaurants (excellent Italian), pub on the beach, beach bar, etc. Breakfast in main hotel was exceptionally good--as good as we've encountered even the in the most expensive hotels/resorts. Staff very friendly and helpful and the conscierge was exceptional. Taba's location allows easy day trips to Petra, Jordan (highly recommended) and Jerusalem/Masada/Dead Sea (also highly recommended)--and hotel staff were able to arrange private trips for less money than indicated on the Internet for group/bus trips. You can also arrange a trip to St.Catherine and Mt. Sinai from Taba. We went there for five days at the start of a 22 day trip to Egypt and plan to go back with the Taba Hilton being the destination for a week or ten days at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience world-class service at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village features panoramic Gulf of Aqaba views and a private beach area with sun loungers. The bright, spacious rooms have cable TV and plush beds. All rooms at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village are fitted with air conditioning and have a minibar. Some rooms have a balcony with views of the garden and the Red Sea. Guests can organise diving trips at the on-site diving center or relax with a massage therapy. For younger guests, Taba Hotel & Nelson Village offers a Kids’ club. Italian cuisine can be enjoyed at the Taba Hotel & Nelson Village's Casa Taba. Oriental specialties are served at Marhaba. Guests can unwind with a drink on the terrace at the Nelson Pub. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village is 20 minutes’ drive from Eilat Airport. Underwater Observatory Marine Park is just a 3-minute drive away. Free private parking is available at the hotel. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Taba Hotel and Nelson Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village Hotel Taba
- Hilton Taba Resort And Nelson Village
- Hilton International Taba
- Hilton Taba Hotel Nelson Village