“Truly 5 Star- Amazing!!”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Woking, United Kingdom
“Truly 5 Star- Amazing!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Egypt and Taba.We carefully chose Taba because we had been advised by friends that Sharm or Hurgada are more commercial, which we didn't want. On arrival we upgraded to a room in the Nelson village wing of the hotel because our original room was at the back of the main hotel building with no sea view. Wow our room was huge!! We had a great uninterrupted sea view. The bed was 6ft,and very comfortable. As i have a bad back I saw some reviews noting how good the beds are here.There was a flat screen tv,, tea and coffee making facilities in ample supply.
The food in the restuarants was plentiful and soo much choice.The all inclusive option with drinks was available till 11pm every day.. The bar staff were so friendly, they soon got to know your name and had your drink poured out as soon as they greeted you.
These are the staff that really made our holiday so special:Ahmed Attef, the main bar superviser, who was there with another drink without us having to look for a waiter!!
Ahmed Reda at the Shish bish beach bar, this was our sundowners venue. He made great cocktails and gave impeccable service!
Amr Salah= who cleaned our room so well, with amazing towel art, and replacing toiletries and tea/coffee without being asked.
Even the hotel manager introduced himself to us on the first night, which was really nice. He is English and i think he is from Yorkshire. Sorry I dont remember your name.
The only niggle i have is the gym. This was very small and in need of refurbishment, which I believe is on the managers to do list. I am returning in November, so lets hope its transformed by then!

Room Tip: High floors in the main building have great sea views over three countries: Jordan, Israel and Saudi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for completing a fair and kind Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday. I will pass all your thanks onto all the mentioned Team members who will appreciate it very much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back on November as promised and do not forget to contact us before your arrival so we can arrange all your preferences in advance to avoid any delay.

Chris Sherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love this place! So relaxing, made some more good friends, staff all very friendly and helpful as always, beautiful view from the 10th floor, Mahaba (don't know how to spell it!) was amazing, also casa taba is a must, bar staff kept the drinks constantly flowing, snorkelling and diving is also a must, I love this sea, I only come in to change the batteries in my camera, then I'm back in, there's been a few instances in Sharm El sheikh regarding pools and kids nearly drowning, that's the beauty of this pool being a sea water pool. It's so salty you float, we'll be going again next year, if you get flights into taba do that as the journey from sharm to taba is long, animation team brilliant as always...just a great place to be

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caroline690

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday. I will pass all your thanks onto all the Team members who will appreciate it very much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back next year as promised nad please contact the hotel before your arrival so we can accomodate all your preferences.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It is difficult to review this hotel / holiday. I thought we were getting a 5 star holiday based on the fact that it was massively hyped on the Secret escapes website which tend to be higher end holidays. The price also lead me to think I was in for something quite good. This was no where near a 5 star, which disappointed us hugely when we arrived. The hotel is tired and dated looking, there are a lot of broken and dilapidated sun loungers, old fashioned decor etc. In the lobby bar this is less obvious although still very dated....Around the pool it is quite sad looking.

I am hesitant to be too critical of this holiday as there were a number of redeeming features which I'll get to later but if I have to sum up - bit of a let down.

There are a couple of horrors. They ask you if you want to 'upgrade' to a balcony room. This is expensive and the balcony is not some sort of romantic extensive thing. Don't do it. Especially if you have kids ie 2 joining rooms. You can only imagine how happy we were to realise that the $150 we had ok'd was actually $300 for a fairly ropey piece of balcony which was not nice enough or big enough to use really. Our bathroom had a leak somewhere under the bath, I couldn't be bothered to say anything though and am sure they would have tried to remedy the situation.

Also, the night time entertainment genuinely made me flinch. This is not written as an uptight idiot, I'm fairly easily entertained but the snake 'charmer' and euro trance disco was actually quite upsetting.

The good bits.... Foodwise.... Marhaba Restaurant. Incredible. I was brought up in the middle east and the food here was ace and bang on culturally. We ate there every other night and it was a joy, especially given my step daughter is vegetarian and thus well catered for. A highlight, would eat from this restaurant if it were in Bristol.

Also - Shish Bish. We made friend with a bar tender called Ahmed Redo. Great bar tender, conversationalist etc, all round good chap.

if you're reading this as a British visitor, I would say don't bother with the casino. For a start you have to pay for booze even if you're all inc. No atmosphere. And the tables are pricey and it's mega faff changing money. You have to have US$ and they rinse you on EXC rates.

Also, all the stuff in previous comments about how Russian orientated it is..... I think this is being addressed. There were lots of Russians, lots of Brits, as a mother, all the kids just got on with it and made friends, no nationality issues so ???

It was a good holiday, but was over priced, over sold, 3* at best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ele W
Thank you for completing Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

Great to see you enjoyed your holiday in total with us and also I will pass all your thanks onto all the Team members who will appreciate it very much, however we always trying to offer the upgrade for the arrivals to let them know all variety of rooms we have and leave them the choice to decide to do it or not.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again to our lovely resort.

Colchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Britons, look no further. This is the hotel for you and your family and here's why:

My wife and I have just returned from our holiday here and while the hotel has plenty of great reviews, another can't hurt - it's the least we feel we can do given the quality of the service delivered by the exceptional staff who are a credit to this fine hotel.

The hotel itself is well kept, clean and tidy throughout and our room was always kept to high standard with some delightful finishing touches from the room attendant in the form of towel art. It sounds unusual, but we looked forward daily to the new construct that would await us.

The main restaurant staff kept a high standard of cleanliness and once again the staff were excellent. Of particular note, Marya and Elsayed were outstanding and our appreciation of their efforts could only be understated in this review. The food was, without exception, always good with enough variety every day. Of course, there are other restaurants on site but we only tried Casa Taba, an Italian restaurant with exceptional quality of food, presentation and staff.

The main bar is well staffed, presented and kept too. Ahmed and Sharif looked after us all week and were funny, charming and always happy to help out. More than once these fine gentlemen went out of their way to help with questions and requirements outside of their remit. It should be noted that both are a credit to the hotel.

If you like to snorkel and observe the many aquatic species the reside in the shallow waters from the beach you will not be disappointed. We managed to identify dozens of species before we got more than ten metres out and the patient will see many more around several small reefs. The people at the diving centre are helpful and we'd recommend the Coral Island excursion for scuba diving or snorkeling.

The pool is emptied most nights and cleaned, and it shows as on those rare occasions we opted for the pool over the beach we didn't have a thing to complain about. A special mention should go out to the ever cheerful and helpful pool master who greeted us daily and arranged our loungers by the beach every day.

There is a surprisingly large shopping and salon area too where Shedi, at shop number 3, spent some time with us discussing Egypt and the Taba area. We had some fun haggling some prices over tea he provided. We also took advantage of the good gentlemen in the salon where I had a cut-throat shave - Gillette are no longer the best a man can get as it is very apparent to me now that 5 razors aren't as good as one here.

Finally, the animation team should be applauded for the tireless work they put in to keep everybody entertained if you should want it. Sam, Bavy and Georgia spare no effort in their work and were a cornerstone in making this our best holiday to date. From Sam's breathless wit, Bavy's limitless enthusiasm and Georgia's endearing personality we both considered the team friends and saying goodbye to everyone - from all over the hotel - we met was surprisingly difficult. We'll miss them until we return.

Our lasting memories of this holiday will be the staff and to the hotel manager we say keep up the good work. We'll be back, count on it, and we hope other Britons will choose this hotel too. You'd be hard pushed to find better and the staff will ensure you have the best stay possible - of that we have no doubts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again as promised to our lovely resort.

nazareth
Reviewed June 14, 2013

On march ,7 2013 I shared my experience at Taba Hilton Hotel ,the title was,” “It could be much better” and much to my surprise Mr. Chris Sherman, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village responded to my review. To tell you the truth I was touched by his respond and I blamed Myself and I thought maybe I should have seen the half full cup and maybe it was me who expected too much and maybe I should have seen things differently .

So , I changed my plans to go to Aqaba Jordan and made reservation at Hilton Taba from May 3 to May 7 2013, and made a decision to see Mr. Sherman and apologize for my review.
It takes about five hours drive from where I live. we left early so we arrived before check inn time but This time I decided I am going to be cool ,I approached the front desk ,filled the registration card and I told the front desk

Supervisor at the time that we will be having a drink and a bite to eat at the restaurant in the lobby ,much to my surprise some People we know from back home who arrived with us got a room(suit) and when I asked how they got there room before check inn time they informed me that a lump sum Of dollars did it. It did not bother me we ordered some drinks and food and promised myself again that we are going to have good time no matter what happens .After we sat and it was close to check inn time the guy from the front desk passed by our table And I asked him about the room and he told me to come by in ten minutes , when it was time to go see him I was told that he left five minutes ago because his shift was over and I have to start all over again explaining myself. Oh I forgot to mention that the first thing I asked for at the front desk was a meeting with Mr. Sherman who was off duty on Saturday and they promised to take care of arranging a meeting with him which much to my regret did not happen. Like I said in my last review the place and the area is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. The room we had was very small for three people but it had a nice view ,,the furniture is old and the TV was from the 1980’s.the room was very clean. One late night we wanted to order some food but there was no menu in the room. It was known to us from previous visit that food was o.k. In quantity but not quality .The furniture at the shisha bar has been there for ages its old and un comfortable considering this is a major Spot for evening entertainment Finally, I think there staff is burned out they have no patient at all. They don’t respect your physical space
And I have seen some girls and women bothered by their aggressiveness .
I am a lover of Egypt, my favorite city in the whole world is Cairo ,we have been there more than twenty
Times in the last fifteen years because in Cairo you get the best treatment any where you go, people
All over will make you feel at home.
Hilton Taba suppose to be a five star hotel but it is not even a two star hotel, The owners and the management should make an effort to improve the quality of the food, redecorate, get better qualified help, I did not ask my travel agent for a bargain I asked for a place to relax and have some good time with family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor in respect of your recent holiday with us.

Firstly, thank you for the good comments mentioned about the country and our people.

Secondly, in respect of your comments about some issues that happened during your holiday I am glad to clarify all your points:

Your room booking was for a sea view room to which this was provided.
Our check in time is from 14.00 and you checked in your room at 13.04.
Relating to your comments for (a lump sum of dollars did it). This is clearly not permitted and any upgrades have extra charge.
In respect of meeting me during your holiday, my agenda was very busy while you was here, so I appointed Anwar my front desk manager to meet you and solve any issues for you and unfortunately you did not arrange to see Anwar, so I arranged to meet with you the next day and unfortunately you checked out early missing this opportunity.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again soon to lovely resort to make an enjoyable holiday.

Kind regards,
Chris
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Egypt, the Hilton Taba is the one for you. The staff are fantastic, always helpful, making sure at all times you have what you need to enjoy yourself. Rooms are comfortable, swimming pools with plenty of beds and a beach with lots to keep you busy if you want or beds to lounge on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was the best holiday for years! The location is ideal, and the snorkeling off the hotel beach is beyond belief, absolutely marvellous.
Hotel is fine, food takes a bit of getting used to, but the staff (without exception) are incredibly friendly, helpful and concerned that everything is to your liking - have not experienced such a willing level of service anywhere else.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, June 15, 2013

We are all looking forward to welcoming you once again to our lovely resort.

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Sands Hotel
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!