“yet another wonderful experience!”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
leamington spa
“yet another wonderful experience!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

having visited this hotel twice in 2012........and enjoyed myself immensely............i was eagerly looking forward to claiming my 'hat trick'................and i was not disappointed!

within 1 hour of checking in i was thrilled to be remembered and welcomed by beaming smiles from at least a dozen of the staff

in the main restaurant i received excellent service...........attentive, with good humour and not at all intrusive ........from ahmed sheiko and mohammed aly eskandar

i was pleased to see the ice cream outlet was by the beach at the shishi bar.............where ahmed ghabbour was always smiling and chatty.

this was my first visit during the summer months............and so the pool was used for extra activities.............including 'water aerobics' and 'volleyball. I joined in both and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

the single most striking feature of my holiday this time was the quality of the 'animation team' ......with all members seeming to have endless energy and enthusiasm.....and at the end of each evening in the entertainment bar...........there was usually a wonderful atmosphere of fun..with several guests joining in with a group dance with lyrics and actions

i shall certainly be returning to this resort.............the only question for me is 'how soon'!

i can recommend ...........without reservation.............the hilton at taba

Room Tip: sea view on 9th floor was fine
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cliffdaniel
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Daniel, Thank you so much for completing a fair and kind Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday. I will pass all your thanks onto all the Team members who will appreciate it very much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon as promised to our lovely paradise (SECOND HOME).

Chris Sherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at this fabulous hotel for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our experience!! We couldn't have asked for better treatment from Chris Sherman and his staff. Special mention goes to Sam samak for keeping us smiling and entertained all week... Ahmed and Sherif for never letting us go without a drink (or five) .... Haitham for looking after us so well and somehow always knowing what we needed.... And Anwar for giving us an extension on our room so we didn't have to waste our last day!!
The trip out on the boat to Coral Island was a great experience and we can definitely recommend it for the fantastic snorkelling you can do there. We will definitely return to Taba Hilton and it can't come too soon!! Alicia and Suz x

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Alicia4935
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
“Can't wait to return!!”

Dear Alicia & Suz

Thank you for completing a fair and kind Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you once again to our lovely resort.

Croydon
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Taba three times last year - our first holiday was 2010, then 2011 and 2012/13.

I want to advise anybody to go there for Xmas/New Year. The Xmas and New Year banquets are worth "getting away from it all". Food display (and eating it!) are something that are worth photographing. At Xmas and New year Gala dinners people are split into two different sections - Western Europeans and East Europeans. The New Year dinner is held in the Rainbow Bar for W.Europeans and the Conference room is for E.Europeans.

As I have said before - "the staff are out of this world" - from laundry department (well worth using) up to Management. Thanks Chris, Kariman, Ayman, Ahmed Atef (enjoy your wedding in August, sorry we cannot be there). I would also like to mention every member of staff but this would take too long to write out. "Hello" Sam & Co. Looking forward to seeing you next year.

A word if you want to go in the height of summer - take some rehydration sachets with you - they are a godsend for dehydration and you will not get tummy upsets. Also, don't go out in the blazing hot sun after a hearty breakfast and lunch. Food will still be 'cooking'.

We usually go in June/July - our favourite time - Xmas and New Year was a new experience for us. If you go when it is your birthday, wedding anniversary etc you will be very well looked after.

Happy holidays everyone.

Nick & Pat xx

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TabaNick
Dear Nick & Pat

Thank you for completing a fair and kind Trip Advisor Review on your visits to our Hotel.

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday. I will pass all your thanks onto all the Team members who will appreciate it so much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you to our lovely resort and your second home.

Nick, I do hope you are feeling better and that we will see you very soon.

All the team send best wishes to you both.

Preston
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have just returned from The Hilton at Taba Egypt and whilst we have been many times before feel that this time was beter than ever. The staff & service are always consistant smilling and helpful in every department.
Whilst I am more than sold on this Magical area I feel this hotel knows how to look after guests and that Chris Sherman and his team do everything to make you keep wanting to return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GoldengirlPreston
Dear Golden Girl Preston

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again to our lovely resort.

Northants
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Before booking this property I came on Trip Advisor and read as many reviews as I could, focusing on those who had negative comments. I like to read the detail of the complaint before writing off a hotel and im glad I did with the Hilton Taba. I booked an all inclusive package with Peltours (Longwood Holidays) 13th-20th May and below I'll try and give you some info on a variety of topics. Before I do and if you just want the verdict - This Hotel is absolutely worth the visit. It has the most stunning views, its cleaned meticulously (see below) and the Staff are unbelievable - they will make you feel like you are staying in a 7* Hotel! so go on...go try it...your worth it! Mr Chris and team - Hilton should be extremely proud of you all. You all excel!

Check In:
Upon arrival at the Hotel, bags/cases are scanned through an X-ray machine and persons are checked by friendly Security staff. Bags/Cases taken for you to Reception leaving you to walk up and check in at Reception a few metres away. This made me feel really secure so I was surprised to read this made people feel uneasy. Front desk was well manned with 6 staff coping with the bus load so check in was swift and comfortable, after which you identify your bags and they are taken for you to your room leaving you without the hassle of lugging cases round!

Rooms and Accm and Towels:
We were allocated a 8th floor room with Sea View in the main Hotel. This had a Queen Bed and a separate single bed. The View was incredible and you can see 4 countries from the Balcony - Egypt, Israel, Jordon, Saudi Arabia. Rooms were fine and the beds and linen were really comfy so no problems sleeping. Granted the bathrooms needed a refresh but they were clean and perfectly adequate. Balconies are quite small and if you are scared of heights I recommend you ask for a lower floor! There was a TV, Mini Bar and Safe with plenty of draws and wardrobe space. Air conditioning was great and kept the rooms nice and cool.
Separate from the main building is Nelson Village - a collection of rooms on the sea front with much bigger balconies, more space, Flat screen TV's and bigger and newer bathrooms. We upgraded midway through the week out of curiosity and im glad we did, they are well worth it and only marginally more expensive. Every night housekeeping makes a welcoming animal on the bed made of towels...which was a lovely touch and I must say a lot of fun when you get back after a few too many and try to be Rod Hull!

Food:
Food always divides everyone - its a matter of taste. Ive stayed at many All Inclusive Resorts from the Caribbean and Mexico to Spain, Canaries and Turkey and more. This isnt bad at all. There are 3 restaurants as part of the All inclusive and an Italian Casa Taba, which you pay for. The main buffet Restaurant has a different Theme every night and offers a good selection of food. The service is excellent and food well stocked. Tip the waiters and they look after you all week! Guests can book into the Nelson Village or Egyptian restaurants and enjoy a set menu on All Inc or they both have Al a Carte menus with a fantastic choice. Casa Taba - the Italian is excellent and we went twice even though we were All inc because the food was so amazing (which is some compliment having not long been to Rome). Mr Saleem ensures you meal is special and the food is served perfectly. he has impeccable standards and deserves a round of applause!

Activities:
The animation team headed up by Sam are very welcoming and make you feel right at home. They want you to enjoy everything and offer plenty but if like me you just want to relax they completely understand and dont pressure you to do anything. By the end of the week I was joining in with most things...including Bomba! Evenings were relaxed with a themed show on every night followed by a disco from 23.00. It might be an idea to start the Disco earlier in the main bar from 22.00 but we certainly had a great time.
This part of Egypt is without question one the best Diving places in the world. you must go - there is a Dive centre on site at the Hilton and its one thing you really should do. Scuba or snorkeling - either way the water is crystal clear and array of fish to see is spellbinding.

Staff:
I have to mention the staff, Ive stayed at about 200 hotels but never been anywhere where the staff go to so much trouble to make you happy. A little tip here and there and they really appreciate it but besides that they cannot do enough for you and don’t expect anything. They quickly get to know you and what drinks you like, they always smile and say hello and make you feel like you are in a 7* Hotel. The Management are completely on top of service and its comes from the very top down. i cant praise them highly enough.

Cleanliness:
We checked in about 17.00ish on our first night and went to the room. on looking out of the balcony down to the pool, I noticed it was empty. I thought it was closed but thankfully discovered they had emptied it to clean it. Id not seen this before so was quite pleased with this. I was even more shocked when I saw that they did this every 2nd night! They clean the hotel with impeccable standards and have an OCD for dirt and germs. One thing that put me off Egypt was the stories you hear about standards and I had assumed I would come down with something...not at this hotel not under Chris's watch unless its your own fault like drinking tap water or dehydration.

Verdict: GO GO GO
Good Hotel made excellent by the Staff and scenery. I will be going back and probably taking friends to show them. Mr Chris Sherman, (Shermanator) Hasta La Vista, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Main Building Rooms are good but Nelson Village rooms are better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank buz2811
"One of my favourite Stays"

Thank you for completing a fair, detailed and kind Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

I am so happy along with my team that you had a great time.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you to our lovely resort.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have been back now for the third time and it just keeps getting better every time. The staff recognise you and treat you as a friend. The dive centre is run brilliantly and you feel safe diving with them.The food was top notch as always. Have already booked again for August. Can't recommend this hotel enough it really is first class.

Room Tip: Nelsons village is awesome and with the doors open you can fall asleep to the noise of the sea on th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cheesey2525
Dear Neil and Caroline

We are all looking forward to welcoming you to our lovely resort again very soon. We will be standing ready with your flippers........

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just returned home from a fabulous 2 weeks at the hilton taba !!! Everything was fantastic from the weather to the staff to the food ..

Holiday started of perfect from the minute we got picked up from the airport , arrived too the hotel to cocktails an smiles !!! Got taken too our beautiful room in Nelson village where a table of fruit and bottles of water were waiting!! We then went up too the lobby that night for a few drinks ( which ended up one too many , so for the reviews saying there's no alcohol in there drinks- I was proof tht there is lol) we were welcomed that night by all the staff including Ahmed who rememberd us from the year before and sherif who wasn't there last year but made us feel like he's known us forever!! The hotel has plenty of places to eat , either the main restaurant , nelsons , Mahaba or casa taba ! All included in the all inclusive apart from casa taba but this is still a must and the prices are very very cheap !! Nelsons is the place too go at lunch if you like your English food - chips pizza burger chicken wings etc- also lovely at night too enjoy the tex mex food sat right next too the sea!!
The animation team at this hotel is amazing!! Sam ,bavy ( aka olga) tommy and a few of the new ones,which came as I was leaving!
They work from 11am until gone 3 most mornings and still have a smile on there face everyday !!

Also a big thank you to GM chris Sherman and his pa kariman .. You have an amazing hotel - this is one of the only hotels I have been too that the GM introduces himself an has a drink with everyone on there holiday ... Met some amazing new friends which will be joining us on our next visit along with a few new people I'm bringing along,

Never had one fault with this hotel and will definitely be retuning this year .. Thank you too everyone who made it such n enjoyable stay
and will see you all soon :-)

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Nicola773
Dear Nicola & Lee

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday. I have passed all your thanks onto the Team members who appreciate it so much.

All of my team said, they miss you too much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you to our lovely resort.

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Sands Hotel
Club In Eilat
#44 of 62 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!