“"Always there to welcome us with Genuine Smiles"”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Taba
england
“"Always there to welcome us with Genuine Smiles"”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We returned from The Hilton around 14th of February and I have tried to find time everyday to write this review. Its very hard because I miss all the amazing friends we have made there so much. This was our 3rd visit and it never fails to disappoint. We were so much in need of a break, and knew exactly where to go...somewhere you will be looked after, your every need met, clean sheets everyday, Clean Beach, amazing snorkling, choice of restaurants, the most amazing freindly people ever with a sense of humour rarely found these days. I was really surprised to see some of the negative comments on here prior to our return in January but overjoyed to read the recent ones and to know so many people feel like we do.If you are reading this with a view to visiting book it now, travel zoo or travel republic have some great offers. The Names Everyone mentions in there reviews, Sam, Ahmed, Mohamed, Sherif, Mr Chris, Amwar,I could go on and on but they mean nothing to you reading this...go and meet them for yourself and rest assured you will never forget them, they are simply some of the kindest, nicest people I have ever met and it is a privilage being a returning customer to call some of them my friends.
We took our son with us for the 1st time (28 year old Hunk) who actually thought when we arrived all he needed was broadband to book a flight home as he just could not understand why we raved about it....after 2 weeks he didnt want to leave and will definatly be returning later in the year with or without us ! If you want to sit in the sun, feel safe, sipping pina coladas, or lay in a Hammock all day, and be fed 3 times a day....look no futher and tell them Sheena, David & philip sent you from trip advisor...or I could come with you would be there in a heartbeat but unfortunatly will have to wait ubtil November

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room, floor 4 or above . Get up early, the sun sets at 4/4.30pm
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Management-TheBell
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Sheena, David & philip,Thank you so much for your very nice and honest review on tripadvisor for your Feb. holiday.

We all are so happy that you enjoyed your holiday as usual esp. your son as it is his first time and also to hear that he became like you know so interested to spend his future holidays wityh us at his SECOND HOME.

I already passed all your comments to all the mentioned names and departments who appreciated it so much and we look forward to welcoming you soon (in November) at our lovely resort.

Glad to confirm you now that we already finished our nelson pathway starting from Nelson massage centre to Shish Bish and also our renovation for our big swimmping pool which will be reopened after 5 days from today.

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my dad for just a week, and didnt want to come home! Its a very beautiful place with even more beautiful people, the staff made the holiday.
Id like to give a huge thank you to the animation team! Sam works so hard and i believe his work is amazing, special thanks to also bavy and Diva who are crazy but work so hard.
The bar staff and waiters can not do enough and tend to your every need. From when we arrived till we left we felt like royalty. The reception staff are very helpful. The food was also cooked with perfection and lots of choice. I have to mention Michael from taba shopping mall who gave me lots of presents!
Thankyou to all the team at Taba Hilton who made this the best holiday!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you deeply for sharing your hosnest feedback regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort which make us so pround that you don't like to go back to your home..

We really appreciate all your thanking and nice words for my animation,reception,food and beverage teams who really with others are a real credit to the Hilton Taba.

We looking forward to welcoming you back again soon to your REAL SECOND HOME.

Westerham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The headline sums it all up, really, and there's nothing the wonderful people who run this hotel can do about it. Everything about my week there was wonderful - except for the obese and terribly rude and arrogant Russians who now seem to be overrunning the area. My sympathies go the the superb faultless and helpful staff who have to put up with them! But don't let that put you off. You just have to ignore them and enjoy a hotel that's 5-star all-round and does it's level best to provide a memorable holiday - and, apart from the Russians, succeeds.

Room Tip: Sea views are a must
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Colin,Thank you for sharing your hosnest feedback regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort.

We really appreciate all your positive notes to all our type of service and we glad to mention that we have almost 14 nationalities at our hotel and we always try to do our best to make all of them happy as much as we can for our customer sevice culuture as an international company.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon at your second home away from home.

Nazeing
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was superb. We stayed for a week and wished it could have been forever.

From when we arrived at Taba airport to when we departed (too soon!) the whole holiday was superb. When you arrive at a hotel at 11pm-ish local time you are tired but the reception staff obviously appreciate this and are so helpful.

We had a wonderful week, many thanks to our 2 waiters that fought over us, you were both incredible and we thank you for this.

Take the trip for a supper with the Bedouin and star-gazing it is well worth it,

We wanted for nothing whilst we were there

Thank you Hilton Taba and we hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms have a sea view and are South facing
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Ali,man thank for sharing your hosnest feedback regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort.

We really appreciate all your notes related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your stay at Hilton Taba.

I will pass all your positive comments to all concerned team members who will highly appreciate it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon at our lovely resort.

Cheboksary, Russia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first stay in a Hilton hotel and we couldn't fault anything. All the staff were very friendly and helpful as were members of the management. We found the food to be very varied, well cooked and with plenty of choice; desserts were really delicious. The animation team were excellent, something we've never been able to say in other hotels. We stayed on the 6th floor and the room had a lovely sea view and the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. Not much to see outside the hotel but there were several trips to go on if you wanted to. We must give a special mention to Ahmed & Ahmed, waiters in the Palm Court bar who always remembered what drinks we preferred and gave a great service. A superb week's holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

We really appreciate all your notes related to the type of food service and experienced facilities provided to you during your stay at Hilton Taba.

Yes,Taba is not a commercial place to visit however in Taba you can visit anoth 3 countries Jordan,Saudi Arania, and Israel and Eilat city is 10 minutes away from our hotel which is a very commercial one to do shopping and whatever you like.

I will pass all your positive comments to all concerned team members esp. Ahmed and the palm court staff who are real credit to my hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon at our lovely paradise.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have just returned (unfortunately) back from yet another trip to HIlton Taba. Everytime I go to this hotel, four times in the space of a year period, I enjoy it more and more each time. The staff here are friendly, the rooms are clean and spacious and the food is excellent. I was travelling alone but decided to come at this time to meet up with people I had met here on a different holiday in the year. It was great to come back to visit and catch up with people and here I have made some friends for life.

I arrived late due to a delayed flight and problems at the airport in Sharm but even getting to the hotel at about 11.30pm, I was still greeted with smiles, songs and dancing as I walked through the door by the staff, who I consider to be great friends of mine.To feel so welcomed in a place like this is really an honour. The staff at this hotel really make this place so special, always so attentive and asking how you are and what you have been doing with your day because they really genuinely care about you.

The hotel grounds are always clean and tidy and the renovation of the pathway by the beach is almost complete, a great change that probably has taken a very long time but so worth it. The paths are tidy, the beach is welcoming and the sea was relatively warm (even though it was in Feb!) The bedrooms are cleaned on a daily basis, sheets changed everyday too and the cleaners are always friendly and very trustworthy, I dont feel that I would have to lock everything away when I was out of my room which is a nice feeling.

The food in the main restaurant is served buffet style with a different theme every night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is always a large selection for every taste. Lunch and evening dinner is also served in Nelsons Pub which is Tex Mex. The food here is also excellent, especially nice in the afternoon with a beer sat outside. I went back to Merhaba restaurant with a group of friends for a wonderful dinner. All of the staff in the restaurants are so so friendly and caring and really cant do enough to help. Also they are nice and genuine to talk to.

The Rainbow bar and the waiters there are amazing. Always keeping your drinks topped up and chatting to the guests. Ahmed, Ahmed and Sherif especially making the extra bit of effort to welcome you into the bar and say hello and chat but all of them are truly wonderful.

Chris Sherman the GM and his Executive Secretary Kariman Aly are some of the nicest people I have ever met. So welcoming and friendly. They (along with the others) are working so hard to ensure the guests are having an amazing holiday. Always making the time to spend talking to people and also taking time from a busy shedule to guarantee that they are welcomed and looked after.

The people down at the dive centre, Huw, Inky, Edriss, Ranger are excellent. So helpful and great with making you feel comfortable in the water, whether its snorkelling or diving. We went on a group boat trip in the afternoon which was excellent.

The Animation Team (managed by Sam) are doing a great job, getting people involved in activites and also encouraging all age groups to be active: Aqua gym, belly dancing, volleyball, everything that you could want to do can be done. Every night they organise something in the bar followed by the disco which plays all kinds of music. Sam, Bavy, Mahy, Ramy, Diva - you are doing such a fantastic job and people come back to see you because of how happy you make them when they are on holiday. This group of people have so much energy, so many smiles and a whole lot of laughter which is very infectious, being with them makes you feel relaxed, happy and very appreciative of the hard work they do. I spent Valentines Day in Taba and as a team, they put in SO MUCH hard work for what was the best night of the whole holiday. Balloons, banners, photos and designs on the sand at the beach, all time consuming but great to see. Ladies were given a rose and everyone joined in with singing, dancing and a huge cake at the end to top it off ... Really defining the phrase 'The icing on the cake'. Photos on Facebook and on the HIlton Facebook page can only really show how much fun and laughter that we all had and really how much hardwork was put into the whole day. Preparation was second to none and also big thanks to Ayman Aly for some great photos and also great company.

Please, try not to forget all of the staff that people dont see as much, the people that do the background work, all contributing to help the place run smoothly. The only bad thing I can say about this place is when you have to leave. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I go but makes coming back that much better. I am hoping to return within the next 8 weeks with some family and to meet up with more friends again. There is nothing negative anyone could say about this hotel that would not make it the best place to visit in Taba, infact in Egypt.

If you want to be looked after, spoilt and have alot to laugh about, waking up every morning and wishing you were there for the rest of your life then make the effort to visit. A word of advice, make it 2 weeks !! I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know and intend on bringing my friends and the rest of my family back to visit for many years to come. I dont say goodbyes to the people here anymore, just a simple 'see you soon'

Room Tip: Suites are brilliant but really all the rooms are big, spacious and very clean. Where ever you are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Laura,man thank for sharing your hosnest feedback regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort and also thank you for all your time you spent to write such a long and great review like this.

I am ver happy that we finally have finished our nelson pathway which was a real problem before and now it looks so beautiful and easy access for all our customers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in April at our lovely paradise with your friends.

Kind Regards,
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything started so well, nice people at Gatwick airport, flight just behind schedule then a 3 hour taxi ride from the airport interrupted by political activists blocking the road to Taba at Newabaa, with burning tyres and guns pointing in our general direction.
The diligent taxi driver found a detour and eventually we arrived under cover of darkness to be warmly welcomed by the reception team.
Rooms overlooking the Gulf of Aqaba offered a sound nights rest and the following morning we were greeted by beautiful views across the calm blue sea.
Breakfast in Palm Court was buffet style but with lots of healthy options in addition to the traditional style of continental or cooked breakfast plus lots of staff who were attentive in the extreme and soon remembered personal preferences, whether newspaper, omelette choices or tea / coffee.
The theme of attentive staff continued throughout our stay with the Animation team going above and beyond the call of duty to entertain and involve everyone in the wide range of activities, thank you to Sam, Bavi and Diva in particular.
All of the hotel staff are charming and helpful with the bar staff ensuring adequate liquidity throughout our stay.
One thing which the hotel cannot influence is the weather which was a blissful 21-28c in mid-February but the beautifully clean beaches and gardens as well as the staff and beachside facilities ensured that we were able to enjoy a stress free and enjoyable day by the sea.
Taba is very close to the Israeli border and affords lots of options to visit places like Jerusalem as a day trip or to see Petra in Jordan via a boat trip across the Gulf of Aqaba. Although we didn’t take advantage on this occasion, we will when we next visit the resort.
Hilton Resort at Taba has been a delight to visit and I cannot recommend it highly enough for those wanting a relaxing and uncomplicated holiday in a jewel of a setting with almost guaranteed sunshine.
Our thanks go out to Chris Sherman and his team and we look forward to visiting again in the future.
What started off a rocky road eventually led us to a taste of paradise.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a sea view, looking across the Gulf of Aqaba to Jordan - wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your time to share your hosnest and enjoyable feedback regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort.

My staff is a real credit to our hotel and I am always very proud to hear it all the time as always they have good memories for faces and for your usual drinks,also our animation team is alwasy lovely team and I will pass all your comments to all team members esp. Ahmed,Sam,Bavy,Dima .. and I am sure that they will be so happy and proud like me now.

We all Hilton Taba are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon at our lovely resort (SECOND HOME).

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Sol Taba Red Sea
#9 of 62 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!