“Nice stay with some issues” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taba Hotel & Nelson Village

Taba Hotel & Nelson Village
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Taba
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice stay with some issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is nicely located in the boarder between Egypt & israel;
Nelson Village has a charming settings with beautiful Red Sea view.
As we arrived we have got a room with broken air condition (in Sinai desert!!); it took us many calls to the reception, being told that there are no other rooms; we have insisted to reach the manager on duty who was nice and got us a substitute; at Hilton, it should not take more than an hour...
The beach is very nice with interesting corals & fish sites; it is a pity that the diving center opens only at 10:00 am, when it is getting quite hot (9 am should be a much better option)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your last stay at our property.
We really appreciate your note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
We are working continuously in improving our service based on honnest realisitic comments received from our guests that I hope you will enjoy more in your coming visit.
I would like to personally thank you for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Chris Sherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Have never been to Egypt before and was a bit worried about going just due to things you hear people generally say, but how wrong were they.
The hotel was absolutely beautiful, it was clean, the food was fresh and it was right by the sea. We went all inclusive and the value for money was great, you had choices which type of restaurants you eat in from The Nelson Pub to an authentic Egyptian restaurant, the rooms in the Nelson Village had stunning views and where kept clean and they were very spacious.
The dive centre in the hotel added an extra touch, the staff there were very informative and helpful with us diving novices and we had the most amazing experiences under the water.
The nicest part of the holiday by far was the staff, they were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff at all the different various restaurants were always smiling and made us feel like we were the most important people in the hotel.
But the best part was the animation team....Bavy, Mido and Alex!! They kept us entertained and toned throughout the day from stretching on the beach in the morning to aqua gym in the pool and lunch and then dancing the night away at the disco after an evening of entertainment.
I would recommend this hotel to friends, couples, families and singles as it caters for everyone.
We met the General Manager who was very friendly and very interested in speaking to us and recommending the different restaurants.
One of the most amazing holidays I've had!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the Nelson Village had stunning views at sunset.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hi,

I would like to thank you for your nice encouraging feedback about the hotel service and team members.
We really appreciate your positive comment that inspire the team to excel more in providing additional exceptional service to enhance the guests' stay experience.
I will make sure to pass all your positive comment to all my team members particularly the mentioned names who will really appreciate it.
It was my real pleasure to meet with you during your journey at the resort and I will be looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our lovely paradise.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My holiday memories of Nelson Village, Taba Heights will remain with me for a long time. From the moment we arrived, we felt relaxed and chilled. The room was comfortable and of the standard you would expect from the Hilton Group. The view from our room was beautiful with palm trees overlooking the sea. Service at this resort was first class, nothing was too much trouble for "Mr. Chris" and his team. They made us feel special right from the start and the efforts they went to, to ensure my friends birthday was celebrated in style were above and beyond anything we imagined. I feel I must mention the Italian Restaurant, where the food is superb and the ambience wonderful. Animation staff were friendly, stopping to chat and keen for everyone to enoy their holiday, however they also seemed to know instinctively if you just wanted to sunbathe, relax and dip into the sea to cool off occasionally (as we did!!).
Having been to Egypt many times (mainly visiting Sharm), I have every intention of returning to Nelson Village - this time with my husband in tow - to prove to him everything I have said about this resort is true!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 800SUSAN
Hi Susan,

I would like to thank you for your nice encouraging feedback about the hotel service and team members for your last visit to the resort in August, 12.
We really appreciate your positive comment that inspire the team to excel more in providing additional exceptional service that I will make sure to pass it to all my team members who will really appreciate it.
Iwould like to thank you for your honest comments and I will be looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our lovely paradise.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were clean and air conditioned. The food was reasonable and fairly varied. The staff were great! Quick to laugh and we struck up a bond with our waiter.
The proximity to to sea couldn't be nearer. The snorkeling was amazing. Every colour of fish you could imagine.
The pool was ok but needs a bit of TLC.
On the minus side there wasn't anywhere to go that wasn't miles away apart from going across the border to Israel. We actually walked to and across the border as the Hilton is a stones throw away.
All in I would defiantly recommend it.

Room Tip: we had a room on the wrong side of the hotel but it didnt matter. it would have been nice with a sea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note that reflect the effort excerted in certain capacities. Meanwhile, rest assured that we consider any constructive feedback in order to support improving our service.
Finally, I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our lovely paradise.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just got back from a very relaxing stay at the Hilton Taba Resort, my fiancee is 6 months pregnant and after reading previous reviews we upgraded to the nelson village on arrival for extra comfort, the Nelson Village rooms were very spacious and clean with a great terrace that looked out to the sea. The Beach was very stony so we bought rock shoes from the shop in the hotel for $5 a pair, these were great and solved the problem of walking on the stones, the sea life around just within a few meters of the shore line was incredible, on the far end of the strip next to the neighboring hotel is a fanatic reef, plenty of sea life, we spent hours just swimming around this reef alone. The food was OK, a little samey, but tasty very safe, I have a weak stomach and usually have to be very careful of what I eat when abroad but I had no problems here at all. We also ate at the Nelson Restaurant, this serves great Tex Mex food. The Nelsons pub was also very good. The animation team put on activities all week, our favorite was the Miss Hilton competition, this was very entertaining and the contestants were all good sports. Both pools were great, we spent most time in the smaller pool as this was fresh water and was very quiet. The main pool is sea water and got a lot busier, has a good pool bar though.
All in all this was a very relaxing holiday and we have enjoyed everything about it, only down side was the hotel is not a true 5 star we had read previous reviews though and didn't expect it to be. The all inclusive maybe is also a little limited when compared to other resorts we have stayed in.
Would we go back - Yes :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Nelson village, all rooms are large and have a sea view, $35 per night supplement.
Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
I will pass all your positive comment to my team members who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the near future to our lovely paradise.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

we have just returned from the taba hilton after vowing never to return to egypt again! last year we stayed at the intercontinental in taba heights where we both suffered upset stomachs,mine so much so that I was taken to hospital weeks after we got home with very bad tummy upset where i remained for 4 days!! we decided to go to the hilton taba which is several miles away and give egypt another chance. The hotel is quite old but very clean,the bathrooms need updating but the rooms are lovely, we were given one overlooking the main pool,with lovely views of both the sea and the mountains.The food was was very dissapointing not much choice and I believe it was the same food every day in a different guise!Having said that if you had room service or paid for the food as an extra is was very good!but why should you pay when you are all incusive!!!by the 2nd day I had upset tummy and was violently sick.the staff are very friendly particuarly Tamer in the palms restaurant who really is a credit to this place!! We will not return to egypt,we have travelled all over europe ,the carribean the indian ocean ,usa and hawwaii,and have NEVER suffered any tummy problems in any other place.

Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We highly appreciate your note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
With reference to your comments related to food varities in the main restaurant, the selection is made to offer different experience from various cuisine around the world in order to try to please our different guests. Meanwhile, we are working continuously in improving our food based on honnest realisitic comments received from our guests.
I would like to personally thank you for your contribution and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Nazareth, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have to say that the most special thing in this hotel is it's animation team staring Bavy and Moode they are absolutely the BEST EVER!!! they make the best programs and they are very nice to people and give the best performances !!! As to the hotel, the whole staff is polite , always giving the warmest greetings !!! the food is not bad , each night having a different variety for dinner!!
I found a slight problem of cleanliness which I believe they should improve!!
And another thing I didn't like at the rainbow bar that they don't come to ask you if you wish to order something unless you call them !!!
Other than that it's most recommended !!!

Room Tip: The hotel's rooms facing the pool are with the best view !! For a more romantic stay you have to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi,

I would like to thank you for sharing your realisitc and quick feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
I will pass your positive comment to my respective team members who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our lovely paradise.

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Sol Taba Red Sea
Prima Music
Prima Music
#19 of 63 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel

Been to Taba Hotel & Nelson Village? Share your experiences!