We have just got back from a very relaxing stay at the Hilton Taba Resort, my fiancee is 6 months pregnant and after reading previous reviews we upgraded to the nelson village on arrival for extra comfort, the Nelson Village rooms were very spacious and clean with a great terrace that looked out to the sea. The Beach was very stony so we bought rock shoes from the shop in the hotel for $5 a pair, these were great and solved the problem of walking on the stones, the sea life around just within a few meters of the shore line was incredible, on the far end of the strip next to the neighboring hotel is a fanatic reef, plenty of sea life, we spent hours just swimming around this reef alone. The food was OK, a little samey, but tasty very safe, I have a weak stomach and usually have to be very careful of what I eat when abroad but I had no problems here at all. We also ate at the Nelson Restaurant, this serves great Tex Mex food. The Nelsons pub was also very good. The animation team put on activities all week, our favorite was the Miss Hilton competition, this was very entertaining and the contestants were all good sports. Both pools were great, we spent most time in the smaller pool as this was fresh water and was very quiet. The main pool is sea water and got a lot busier, has a good pool bar though.
All in all this was a very relaxing holiday and we have enjoyed everything about it, only down side was the hotel is not a true 5 star we had read previous reviews though and didn't expect it to be. The all inclusive maybe is also a little limited when compared to other resorts we have stayed in.
Would we go back - Yes :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience world-class service at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village features panoramic Gulf of Aqaba views and a private beach area with sun loungers. The bright, spacious rooms have cable TV and plush beds. All rooms at Taba Hotel & Nelson Village are fitted with air conditioning and have a minibar. Some rooms have a balcony with views of the garden and the Red Sea. Guests can organise diving trips at the on-site diving center or relax with a massage therapy. For younger guests, Taba Hotel & Nelson Village offers a Kids’ club. Italian cuisine can be enjoyed at the Taba Hotel & Nelson Village's Casa Taba. Oriental specialties are served at Marhaba. Guests can unwind with a drink on the terrace at the Nelson Pub. Taba Hotel & Nelson Village is 20 minutes’ drive from Eilat Airport. Underwater Observatory Marine Park is just a 3-minute drive away. Free private parking is available at the hotel. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taba Hotel and Nelson Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village Hotel Taba
- Hilton Taba Resort And Nelson Village
- Hilton International Taba
- Hilton Taba Hotel Nelson Village