“Relaxing, good location, great staff”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just got back from a very relaxing stay at the Hilton Taba Resort, my fiancee is 6 months pregnant and after reading previous reviews we upgraded to the nelson village on arrival for extra comfort, the Nelson Village rooms were very spacious and clean with a great terrace that looked out to the sea. The Beach was very stony so we bought rock shoes from the shop in the hotel for $5 a pair, these were great and solved the problem of walking on the stones, the sea life around just within a few meters of the shore line was incredible, on the far end of the strip next to the neighboring hotel is a fanatic reef, plenty of sea life, we spent hours just swimming around this reef alone. The food was OK, a little samey, but tasty very safe, I have a weak stomach and usually have to be very careful of what I eat when abroad but I had no problems here at all. We also ate at the Nelson Restaurant, this serves great Tex Mex food. The Nelsons pub was also very good. The animation team put on activities all week, our favorite was the Miss Hilton competition, this was very entertaining and the contestants were all good sports. Both pools were great, we spent most time in the smaller pool as this was fresh water and was very quiet. The main pool is sea water and got a lot busier, has a good pool bar though.
All in all this was a very relaxing holiday and we have enjoyed everything about it, only down side was the hotel is not a true 5 star we had read previous reviews though and didn't expect it to be. The all inclusive maybe is also a little limited when compared to other resorts we have stayed in.
Would we go back - Yes :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Nelson village, all rooms are large and have a sea view, $35 per night supplement.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
I will pass all your positive comment to my team members who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the near future to our lovely paradise.

There are newer reviews for Taba Hotel and Nelson Village

Reviewed October 3, 2012

we have just returned from the taba hilton after vowing never to return to egypt again! last year we stayed at the intercontinental in taba heights where we both suffered upset stomachs,mine so much so that I was taken to hospital weeks after we got home with very bad tummy upset where i remained for 4 days!! we decided to go to the hilton taba which is several miles away and give egypt another chance. The hotel is quite old but very clean,the bathrooms need updating but the rooms are lovely, we were given one overlooking the main pool,with lovely views of both the sea and the mountains.The food was was very dissapointing not much choice and I believe it was the same food every day in a different guise!Having said that if you had room service or paid for the food as an extra is was very good!but why should you pay when you are all incusive!!!by the 2nd day I had upset tummy and was violently sick.the staff are very friendly particuarly Tamer in the palms restaurant who really is a credit to this place!! We will not return to egypt,we have travelled all over europe ,the carribean the indian ocean ,usa and hawwaii,and have NEVER suffered any tummy problems in any other place.

Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We highly appreciate your note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
With reference to your comments related to food varities in the main restaurant, the selection is made to offer different experience from various cuisine around the world in order to try to please our different guests. Meanwhile, we are working continuously in improving our food based on honnest realisitic comments received from our guests.
I would like to personally thank you for your contribution and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have to say that the most special thing in this hotel is it's animation team staring Bavy and Moode they are absolutely the BEST EVER!!! they make the best programs and they are very nice to people and give the best performances !!! As to the hotel, the whole staff is polite , always giving the warmest greetings !!! the food is not bad , each night having a different variety for dinner!!
I found a slight problem of cleanliness which I believe they should improve!!
And another thing I didn't like at the rainbow bar that they don't come to ask you if you wish to order something unless you call them !!!
Other than that it's most recommended !!!

Room Tip: The hotel's rooms facing the pool are with the best view !! For a more romantic stay you have to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hi,

I would like to thank you for sharing your realisitc and quick feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
I will pass your positive comment to my respective team members who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Summer Vacation very bad because optional for this hotel I found this hotel without level does not deserve to be five-star hotels because the food is very bad in a way prepared and clean and leaved found that officials in this hotel does not eat this food and eat special food of the worst hotels in the world

2  Thank mazen a

Hi Mazen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property.
We appreciate your note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
In regards to the food comment, we are applying several measurements to ensure that food is safetly prepared meanwhile, we are working continuously in improving the food varities based on valid realisitic comments received from our valuable guests.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Taba for two weeks at the end of August and what a holiday. If you have read the reviews for this hotel you will notice that they are mixed. Some liking it others not. Well each to their own and but I have to say that having been to Egypt on 3 other occasions this is far the best place we have stayed.
People ask what makes a holiday it is the people you go with, the hotel and the memories you return with and when you go to the Hilton Taba all these are fore filled.
The staff are the most helpful, curtious and polite people I have met, nothing is to much trouble.
The animation team under the guidance of Sam are outstanding they make you feel included in everything and are always happy to stop for a chat.
The Nelson pub wow what a place great food (tex mex) excellent staf and above all what a welcome.
The Rainbow bar outstanding place to make friends, relax or watch the excellent evening entertainment provided whilst sipping an excellent cocktail provided by Ahmed.
The rooms are clean and spacious and the service provided by the room cleaner again is outstanding.
Lastly i could go on and on but i would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Mr Chris Sherman General Manager and his PA Kariman Ali for the outstanding welcome they gave us during our holiday. It is their hard work that has made the hotel the way it is today a place to go and relax, make new friends and have the warmest welcome ever. Thank You to everyone.and Yes we will be back in 2013.

2  Thank caroline2769
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Great thank you for taking the time to share your nice review regarding your recent stay at our lovely paradise.

We really do appreciate all your positive comments related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your last visit to our resort.

I will definitely communicate your feedback to my respective team members who will highly appreciate it.

Llooking forward to welcoming you soon again at our lovely resort.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I were back in Taba in August. It was a wonderful holiday yet again, from the moment we arrived and had a great Welcome from Chris the GM and Sam Head of Animation. All the staff were brilliant as always even though they were full to capacity and had many rude Israeli guests. They managed to keep smiling and do an excellent job.

I must mention Kariman the General Manager's PA who as always was there to help and a star. The animation guys led by Sam did a brilliant job, they are fun, professional and have bundles of energy . We met some lovely other guests from Holland and England which made our stay even more enjoyable.

The snorkelling and diving was amazing and even the parasailing was fun, not sure if I would do it again but thats just my opinion.

The food, enterainment and hygiene in the hotel was all good. As I have said before it is the staff that make this hotel such a great place to go to.

Hopefully we will go back in the near future.

Room Tip: Nelsons Village
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Llooking forward to welcoming you soon again at our lovely resort.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

WE have just returned from 2weeks at Taba Hilton 18 sept. The most annoying aspect of the holiday was the Israeli and Jordanian guests who were staying there. In the past I and most people complain about the Russians this time they and all other nationalities were ok, but the Israelis!! we were pushed at mealtimes by both men and women, I had to stop a guest removing my wife's food from the table before we'd started because he wanted the table. Around the pool they would congregate in large groups ten or twelve sun beds intimidate people to move and drop litter ie cups crisp packets etc and in a windy place like Taba it kept the cleaners busy. The food was just ok, and the chefs seemed slow at cleaning their work areas some it looked a mess. The waiters on the other hand were very quick to clean tables and reset were friendly even to the unpleasant guests. We won't return to this hotel but the staff do a very difficult job always with a smile. So a big thankyou to them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Great thank you for taking the time to share your nice review regarding your recent stay at our lovely resort.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our lovely resort.

Chris Sherman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Sands Hotel
#11 of 61 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!