“Mr Hassan :-) to mr john and all staff”

Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA
Ranked #138 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hello to people out there I really really recommend this hotel my first time staying at there and won't be my last time. I have been in sharm 5 time out all hotels I have been 2 this hotel is the best and 1 more thing I was on my honeymoon and I enjoyed the 10 night stay:-)
Food was not bad
Housekeeping was excellent
Receptionist:mr HISHAM,Mohammed,samy was always helpful :-)
Pool towel guy mustafa was very nice and helful and always cleaning the pools in the hotel
And at last big thank to mr john manger of the hotel.
Please take my advise and visit this hotel:-)

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and good
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hassan E

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed there with my husband in July 2014 for 1 week. It was really lovely week.
Hotel is small, cozy, peaceful. You really feel like home there. Staff is very helpful. Food was always fresh and tasty. Room was always clean and towels were chenged everyday.
The beach is big and has a kind of 2 parts - one is sandy and absolutely secure and the second is coral and full of fish.

Now about 2 minuses.
1. The beach is on the other side of the road and the way there is short but absolutely disgusting. You will have to go through real scrapyard with awful smell. I really do not understand why the hotel can not clean it.
2. you should be aware that all standard rooms do not have balcony and even almost no window. We were very upset with this fast when we have just arrived. But then we realise that we do not spend a lot of time in the room, so we didnt care.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Latysol
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

First was very bad one start with argument about my friend was Egyptian end up paying extra 5$ a night discrimination aginst them own people's . When we arrived which was 20.25 we asked for dinner which they said is already finished in the website was saying up to 22.00 as every other hotel end up going out for food even in any other hotel I been there when we arrived late they were offering food for us . Then room start with very bad room find pages in the bed air conditioning wasn't working so I had to complain which they moved us to onther stupid room with no working air conditioning finally at 1.30 am they put us in different room which was ok better than the other 2 . Tea and coffee not in the room asking to have them no they don't have this facility .Any way 3 pool 1 bar working and other 2 if you want you need to pay but we were in all inclusive . Morning coffee is filter coffee test horrible tea oh my gosh . Ironing board no they don't have all was very bad experience food is like dogs food staff in restaurants very nice reception no way very very very rude staff . Finally when I was checking out I ask for late check out they asked me to pay £19 I asked what if is one more day they said £49 I booked 5 night all inclusive for £116 if I want it to pay £49 I was just booked in Hilton which was only £37 any way I said ok will pay £19 when I went they asked me for more money for the minibar which was 2 water 2 beer . They never said that you have to pay for it in chick out they said that we have to pay when I said mo way all other hotel in sharm offer this as compliment they said no and they want me to pay for 10 bottle which I only used 4 and 4 beers is not only that I find out they done rest they sing themselves for 10 water and beers I said want pay and this rude staff start just going on again and again I was start be late for my flight so they done different price I paid coz i was late only . In total was very very very bad experience I like they are hungry for money they try to get what they can from you . I won't recommend this to anyone at all

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karim2005
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had travelled to Sharm and stayed at the hotel for eleven days as my Russian friend was there celebrating her birthday there at the end of May 2014. As I had stayed in a super luxury Cairo hotel in 2012, I was not expecting much but was very pleasantly surprised hotel which I must say is down to the staff that work there. Special mention to Totti, Ibrahim and Ahmed who do everything they can to help you and make your stay good spirited.

I had asked for a non smoking superior pool side room in the quiet block and must say I was not woken at anytime during the stay and the room was really nice.

The all inclusive food was a bit repetitious but you have to remind yourself how much you have paid, that in Egypt you can find any meal for a little amount of money. With this in mind I sometimes ordered off the non all inclusive menu or went round to the Indian Restaurant just up the road which made a delicious nice change.

I think that the hotel need to look at the possibility of WiFi on the beach as that would be helpful but the Wi-Fi reception is excellent in the hotel complex.

All the nationalities staying were friendly and I believe this was due to the hard work and fun attitude of my brothers Totti and Ibrahim. All the guests felt sorry for the hotel that there were not many guests but enjoyed having the place virtually to ourselves.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and if I travelled to Sharm again I would consider going back so I think this is the fairest review I can write.

(Just a general view of Sharm for female travellers, as you are constantly hassled by people outside the complex consider going in a group especially in the evening)

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking superior room in the quiet area, to upgrade is also a great idea when you arri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank ClarkieJ
OrientalRivolli, Director of Sales at Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

dear our lovely guest,

thank you very much for you nice review and we hope that we gave you our prompt service and we will be always doing our best and more for all our clients to meet their expectations

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed at the Oriental Rivoli for the 7th time.with our group of Scuba Divers.

I was slightly apprehensive on arrival this time as we were met with a whole new team of staff at reception. W effort to e have stayed here so often that we so have built up a really great relationship with the guys. Would this affect our visit???

I needn't have worried. The new staff maintained the excellent service we have always enjoyed at this hotel.

The new manager was most welcoming and made great effort to check daily that everything was good for us.

When we will go back? You bet we will - In July for a quick visit and then again in October for one of our usual week's stay.

Highly recommended hotel where you will be made very welcome.

Room Tip: I don' eat breakfast but the morning spread looked very appetising.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Robsutherland
OrientalRivolli, Director of Sales at Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed 10 nights in this hotel in May 2014. The hotel is very nice. the room was clean and the housekeeping impeccable. Our house keeper was a very talented towel origamist (possibly not an actual word) and each day we came back to amazing sculptures such as swans, crocodiles, elephants etc. The barman (Ibrahim) was especially great and made excellent cocktails. All the staff the were really friendly and could not do enough to make our stay pleasurable. The food selection was good and tasty. I cannot actually think of a single fault with the hotel, and I am very good and finding faults with things. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nick M

Reviewed May 31, 2014

yes we like the hotel as we have been 8 times and are already booked for our 9th visit in october.
being a small hotel it is very friendly and welcoming.
all the staff are brilliant but special mention to Ibrahim my wifes adopted son and my grandson, little safwa,the teacher, ishmael,gamal,shady,yasser and all the chefs and cleaners,far too many to list.
you wil find if you speak to them they will always respond every time.
we never have a problem with the food,always plenty of choice in everything.
can,t wait for our return trip in october and to see our friends again.

Room Tip: always go for a superior room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple