4,698 results
All reviewssunrise diamondindian restaurantanimation teambeach barspecial thanksfishbig thanksaqua parkhard workguest relationsrestaurant managerold marketholidayseaentertainmentsharmpools
Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

We've got lot of recommendations and have read lot of reviews about this hotel. Hotel is officially 5 *. If it's possible we would give 6*. The staff made us feel like at second home. The atmosphere was fantastic. All area of the hotel is super and well cared and staff look after it very responsibly. Specially waiters and barmen are so friendly and helpful. Animation team was fabulous as we have read many reviews!! They made our holidays.
We will def come again!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank calli54
SUNRISEDiamondBeach, General Manager at Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

Dear Calli,

Such a lovely review and thank you so much for taking the time to think of us and write in. We love to hear that our valued guests came on a recommendation and it all worked out even better than expected. The staff are, without doubt, one of our biggest assets as we are constantly told by our repeat guests and our Animation team get a lot of excellent reviews too.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to your home in the sun very soon and if you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us and we’ll do our best.

Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

I have nothing to say. All was the best. Really I didn't have such a great holiday for the very long time. No mistakes no faults. I relaxed, slept so good and without any noise or disturbing. The sea is as in all Sharm el Sheikh one of the best I have been in ever.
Meals are tasty.
In all hotel is clean indoor, outdoor is beautiful!!
Entertainment is very very good and friendly as the staff. Everybody speaks many languages good.
Recommended highly to everyone.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank salven400

Dear Salven,

Your recommendation is very much appreciated and thank you for filing this report on your recent holiday at the Diamond. It’s good to know that you enjoyed the food, the service and the clean environment as well as the Red Sea, just on our doorstep. And it’s so nice to hear that you relaxed and slept so well.

Thanks again for choosing the Diamond and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2015

We were given a fabulously located room which we were able to walk straight off our balcony to the family pool. This was gloriously quiet, never a need to get up at "stupid-o'clock" to bag beds....matter of fact all pools had beds free all day everyday.

Staff, on the whole, are friendly, efficient and helpful. They were brilliant with our 3 children. Special mention to the chap making the fresh pizzas in the Italian restaurant, my children will never forget how kind you were and the fab pizzas you made. Also to all the entertainment team, always happy happy happy. The Italian "going" team were not at all rude as per other reviews and perfectly friendly.

One 3 evenings we had no hot water to shower in....and ended up after several negotiations with reception packing up shower stuff, clothes etc etc for 5people two nights running and showering elsewhere. Its a hassle you can do without on holiday. On the 3rd evening, we cold showered. And again on the day we were due to go home. Just could not face the hassle. The reception team are very good at sorting any problems you have but prepared for it to take time....anything between an hour and three!! And numerous calls to reception.

Whist away, the main thing that ruined our holiday was getting ill. I did bring it to the attention of guest services, reception, waiters that we were ill, so I am not speaking out of turn saying this on here but they did not ask if we needed help or if we had any idea why we were poorly. My daughter missed her birthday "party" out there as she was too poorly to eat for 2 days. I have now been ill for 9 days. On return to the UK i was so dehydrated the GP was considering IV fluids. I lost 8lb on holiday. I am on 2 lots of antibiotics and my husband is on 1 lot. It is well known in Egypt that people can get ill, we are seasoned Egypt travellers and used to heat, air con etc.

Whilst drinking from the pool bar we were given glasses that had just been collected from other guests sunbeds round the pool. They had drink dregs in them, and were in the dirty "pile" ....they did this to me, but i realised and pointed this out to which I had to them go to the room to get a clean glass.....They also did this to my son, who is 11...but he came and told me, that he just seen the barman collecting the glasses and he gave a dirty one to him.

On another occasion I witnessed during the evening buffet one of the waiters who had been clearing tables picking peppers (from the pasta station) from the bowl with his fingers putting it in this mouth, then going into the kitchen.

And on another time, a member of staff preparing food with gloved hands and them rummiging in his pockets for keys handing them over and then carrying on, without changing gloves.

All this elements of poor hygiene are the sort of thing that contribute to guests getting ill. This practice is not acceptable, and I do hope when the management of Sunrise Diamond Select read this review and comment as they usually do,that they
(1) implement stricter hygiene practices, after all if this is what happens in public areas, what happens behing the scenes...yuck!
(2) Understand that our holiday was totally ruined - I was unable to eat for days, and my poor husband had to take my children to meals without me as I was so poorly. Ask the waiter in the Italian restaurant, it was a standing joke (in a nice way) that I was sitting at the table not eating day after day.

I am still too poorly to return to work. For any future guests, take antibacterial hand gel and use it liberally. Take plenty of immodium and tummy medicines.

Its such a shame to have witnessed all this poor practice, and to have got so ill as it has ruined what had the potential to be a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family
5  Thank TraceyHankin
SUNRISEDiamondBeach, General Manager at Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2015

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your review and of course we are very sorry to hear that your holiday was spoiled by becoming ill and we do hope that you are all recovered and back to full strength by now. There are several comments in your review that are of concern to us.

We take hygiene extremely seriously and that is why we have an excellent record at the Diamond. We have frequent surprise inspections by national, independent hygiene organisations which report back to the authorities and we always pass with flying colours. However, you report a few instances where you have noticed staff behaving in an unsatisfactory manner and we have passed these comments on to the relevant departments to investigate immediately. (We would also appreciate any more information that you may have regarding exactly the ‘who’ and the ‘where’ of it). We will certainly be investigating your allegations and ensurimng that further training and development is conducted to mitigate any unsafe practices. We do recommend that guests visit the doctor if they are this ill but we have not found any record of you doing so at this stage.

Please accept out apologies for any lack of hot water. Again this is a matter that will be fully investigated as I cannot find any reports on the subject at this time.

However, we are pleased to note that your children got on well with the pizzas and you were entertained by the Animation team and thank you for all the feedback which will be shared during our meetings to ensure that all staff are fully aware.

Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

The best vacation ever. I came with my parents and younger brother. We stayed in family room in front of family pool. It was quite far from the beach. But hotel is not too big.
All hotel in general is nice, we like it so much. Meals, drinks alcoholic or not alcoholic are good and tasty.
Entertainment is brilliant. So funny and lovely. I was in disco out of the hotel one night with them. I had a brilliant time.
All staff is helpful, receptionists gave us all information and spa center was excellent. My mother had some massages which she enjoyed, my father went every morning to the gym. We saw that some parts were renewed e.g. Kids club or pool bar. There will be also new aquapark which is going to look really good. I guess we will enjoy more and more next time than now. Im looking forward so much because this time was really fabulous. Thanks. We will say to everybody about this hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank luke-sertewskij
SUNRISEDiamondBeach, General Manager at Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2015

Dear Luke,

Thank you for recommending the hotel to everybody and thanks also for the wonderful review. It’s great to know that you and your family all enjoyed the holiday and in your case it looks like it was the Animation team who really made the difference. But the Spa and the gym were the favourite places for your parents so we are so pleased that we were able to keep everybody happy.

Hopefully, we’ll see you again next year. We look forward to it.

Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

We (me and my boyfriend) chose this hotel because of very good recommendation of our friends who have been there last year. They said to us a lot of about the staff and entertainment and about excellent service. So we decided to try it. And we did right. Everything was really so amazing as our friends told us. We werent dissapointed and we dint have any complaints. We have our last evening here and we gonna miss all amazing people who work there, let me talk about the animation team they do lovely program day after day different activites which is dance lessons, volley ball, water ball and a lot of interesting things to do with them, high service were givin to us everywhere we stay, the food is so tasty specialy the deserts corner in the main restaurant.. we enjoyed it so much and we wish to come back again

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dimaaaz

Dear Guest,

When our valued guests come to stay with us as a result of a recommendation from a friend we love to hear that it was a great success. You enjoyed the service from our attentive staff and the food as well as the Animation team and all the facilities we have and we are delighted that you decided to listen to your friends and book with us. We now hope that you will tell all of your friends about us and we look forward to hosting them too.

Thanks for the review and we look forward to the next time.