“FABULOUS HOLIDAY, EXCELLENT SERVICE - PERFECT.”

Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS HOLIDAY, EXCELLENT SERVICE - PERFECT.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The position of this hotel on the cliffs is perfect, safe and a joy to stay at. We were lucky enough to stay in an upgraded beach location f.o.c. however we did look at their other standard accommodations which also are nice. They are starting a programme of updating some of the accommodation although you would not realise this as there is no disturbance. noise etc in fact if they had not said we would not have known. The Beach front restaurant is the best in our opinion, but all restaurants have a good choice. There is an activity pool, relaxing pool (no children/music) and a family pool so caters for all. The staff are friendly and the service they provide outstanding. This was our first holiday away with no children and certainly was a perfect first holiday and we shall be going back 100% guaranteed. We were invited to a management dinner where they were keen to find customers opinions, suggestions and they were very open and obviously wanted their customers to be completely happy.

Don't forget your snorkel/goggles as the reef (attached to the hotels private beach) is full of fish as many varieties as the Tiran Island National Park (as we had a boat trip there). Also the sand buggies are fun!!! Spa does wonderful treatments and are reasonable.

Perfect holiday, good value and excellent service. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayne B
diamondbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of your stay at SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the different aspects which our hotel has to offer, including the food, animation and the beautiful reef.

As a returning guest you will benefit from our Repeat Guest Program. The entire team here at SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach is looking forward to sharing another unforgettable holiday with you in the near future.

Best regards,
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holywell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 17th to 28th March and would like to say what a wonderful time I had. This is the 2nd time I have stayed in the Sunrise and I don't do that often. I stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and had a really relaxing time and my return didn't disappoint. The food in the restaurants I found to be of a very high standard compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Sharm. My room was kept clean and any issues were dealt with very quickly. All of the staff were brilliant, extremely helpful and very respectful and would take time to chat and talk about the local area, I found this really nice as I was there on my own. There are 2 animation teams an international team and an Italian team all of which work tirelessly together and are full of enthusiasm. I know this is not everybody's cup of tea but they do leave you alone if that's what you want, and they are very entertaining to watch. There's a new pub opened at the hotel since my last visit which is very swish. I don't normally use SPA's in hotels but I did this time and would recommend it to anybody. I have read other reviews and yes there are a lot of other nationalities and very few British people BUT the hotel does cater for everybody and the staff do speak very good English. There's a market up the road from the hotel if you need anything and it is safe to walk or there's always a couple of taxi's waiting by the gate. The management team at this hotel are keen to listen to feedback so that they can make improvements within the hotel which is refreshing, and they are always very approachable. I intend to return to this hotel this year to go diving as even the house reefs are phenomenal with plenty to see.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen M
diamondbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort, it is always a pleasure to welcome back repeat guests.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you received excellent service from the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

Kuwait
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Overall this was a great hotel. It was very well kept from the landscaping to the cleanliness of the rooms. I wasn't sure what to expect from a 5 star hotel in Egypt but I was pleasantly surprised. On arrival we were upgraded to a beach villa which was completely redone and overlooked the beach and the ocean. A very nice way to start the holiday! The staff were very friendly especially the bartenders at the pool bar and the pub. The snorkelling was great and the reef was amazing. Ti was nice to have this right on the resort. The food was ok...and i was always able to find something to eat. I did not have high hopes of the food based on the other reviews, so it was what i was expecting. Who goes to an all inclusive for the food anyway?!
We were quite disappointed in the quality of the alcohol. All of the liquor was local and really awful. We stuck to beer and the white wine wasn't terrible. I was disappointed that they did not serve blended cocktails as it is always nice to have a pina coloda or margarita on the beach. If you are drinking beer the best place to get it is from the pool bar where it is from a keg and cold. Some places in the resort served beer from the bottles which was warm and nasty. We also found the animation team to be quite annoying and loud. They were always by the pool in the morning and then again from 3-5pm. We started going to the quiet pool to avoid them. Lot of Russians who were rude and very pushy in lines for food! We found it hard to make friends as very few people spoke English.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondbeach, General Manager at Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and had a relaxing stay at our hotel.

With regards to the alcohol provided as you correctly state the alcohol provided in the all inclusive package is of a local variety, which can differ in tase to other international brands. We do offer selected local cocktails as part of our all inclusive package and international brands are available at an extra charge.

In order to cater to all guests needs we do have 3 pool areas, the relax adults only which is a quiet pool with no activites or music, the active pool where the animation are based and also the family pool area.

We hope to welcome you home again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the hotel 24th March to 31st March and would like to say that we had a very nice restful weeks holiday. The Hotel itself was very nice and clean with very helpful staff. The only downside was the food as it started out as good but after about 3 days went downhill. The only thing I could find for breakfast was cereal which became very boring. They seem to cater for the Russians, Germans, Italians and French only. This is OK if you like meat, lettuce and cakes for breakfast. The snack bar was very good but the chairs were covered in bird poo. We mentioned this to one of the staff who said he would get it cleaned but it was still there after our weeks stay. The evening meals were very poor and I did not find anything to eat for 3 evenings. The head chef cooked us a meal one evening and I had already mentioned that I did not eat red meat, rice, pasta butt what turned up was a piece of steak with rice and cold vegetables. The adult pool was very nice and quiet with the bar staff very good. We had tea making facilities in our room but no milk. When I asked the cleaner he left me 2 small bottles of body lotion! When I asked again I got suntan lotion. In the end I would get milk from the restaurant. There were very few English people staying in the hotel as we were outnumbered by the rude, greedy Russians, Germans, French and Italians. This needs to be sorted with an equal amount of all nationalities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your holiday here in Sharm el Sheikh.

We are happy to hear you had a nice relaxing week and found our staff to be friendly. With regards to your comments we are an international hotel catering to all nationalities and the percentage of each nationality at any given time does fluctuate depending on the time of year and season, taking in to account individual countries holidays etc. In order to cater to everyones individual needs we do have 4 restaurants available within the hotel, each serving a variety of food.

We would encourage any guest who has any requests or questions to contact our guest service centre, who are multi lingual, to ensure there is no language barrier or confusion when something is requested.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Me and my mrs came to stay at this hotel for our honeymoon. We where at the hotel for 10 nights. This restaurant offers loads of varierty for food and you can eat more or less 24hrs. The breakfast was amazing fresh omlettes, pancakes, bread, cereal, etc so that was good something for everyone. However lunch and dinner you will find the same food and stlye every single day. You have the rice, pasta station, roast potatoes, that you will find made freshly of course but the same every dinner and lunch at the half moon. Me and my mrs also tried the san marino restaurant which is a more posher restaurant but still offers the same food with the pasta station everyday. Please be aware that you must have to dress smart to eat at san marino restaurant and cannot wear flip flops and shorts. We seen alot of people get rejected even though they where all inclusive like us. The other disappointed part was that the indian restaurant is not included in the all inclusive and you have to pay for anything you want to eat there. The postives however and they are many the head chef is amazing will always come ask if ur ok. He made a 7 course meal for me and my wife at the beach as a romantic dinner. The romantic dinner was chargeable but was worth it. Everyday the room attendants that clean your room let us swans and heart shapes made out of the towels. All the excursions that we did was amazing tiran island by far the best me and my mrs both cant swim so we went with life jackets and one of the divers pulled us on a floatable ring. We also did star gazing, quad biking, waterpark, dolphin show, and camel riding. I booked 2 excursions with thomascook and the rest with outside companies as they where ALOT cheaper then thomascook. All in all I must say the staff are very friendly and the hotel staff do look after you in everyway possible for example bringing you cold drinks while your sun bathing. This hotel mainly 90% occupied by italians and russians. Also the hotel provides shuttle busses to naama bay (15mins away) which u have to pay for. A good experiance and a lovely honeymoon would deffo recommend to alot of people. From mr and mrs sheikh.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Reviewer

Greetings from the SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your holiday and we succeeded in making your honeymoon memorable.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and on behalf of the whole hotel team i would like to wish you luck and happiness for your future life together as a married couple.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited during March and found the hotel very attractive and room in fair condition. The pool man was superb and the bar service around the pool very good. However whist the various restaurants were very rounded in there variety but the attention to detail regarding the condition of the serving spoons and containers review.Generally I would recommend this hotel but would not return as we had booked to allow us to make use of our room to allow us to shower and change prior to departure for the airport. However when we went back from lunch to use the room we found no water was available in the room, making it a useless exercise. When we went to the reception to check out we were made to pay the 20Euros, for a service not given, in spite of many protestations we had to leave for the airport. It is obvious that staff or the policy is not 21st century customer orientated.

Room Tip: Sea View is a must on the second floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
diamondbeach, Public Relations Manager at Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for writing a review regarding your holiday at the SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort.

We are happy to hear you would recommend our hotel, and apologise for the issues you experienced on your departure day, had your issue been brought to our attention when it occured we would have aimed to rectify it on the spot as guest satisfaction is our main aim.

We do hope that perhaps we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future where we can get the chance to improve your views of your customer service experience.

Hotel Managment
London
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lets start with i have been to egypt many times and stayed at many 5 star hotels so i always research and look for the basics, good room,good food clean and a nice location within reach of things to do.
I flew from Luton on easy jet and have to say a great flight no delays smooth gettting through but i did go before the Easter break 21/3/13-28/3/13. On arrival i had a private transfer which i always recommend as its cheap and easier i went with AtoB. I also booked my hotel with Jetline Travel who got my hotel with Med Hotels. When i arrived at the hotel me and my partner were the only ones checking in at the time was greeted at reception and given a lovely room 2134 which overlooked the main pool area, it was clean and comfortable, I did book a pool view but as it was a celebration i also had partial sea view.
The pool areas were lovely and i spent my week at the quite pool where we were looked afetr by Shawky the towel man who was brilliant always friendly and helpful, the pool bar was small and enough for this area and we was looked after with drinks all day by Salem and Ali who kept me topped up with soda waters and coffee.
The dining ok lets just say we know food can be the same on any holiday but you can only eat so much. The main buffet restaurant needs some improvements now i can only speak as an English person because there are mixed reviews but from everyone we spoke to could see improvements had to be made even the management when we attended a VIP evening.(All views have been noted) the tables were never ready and you found yourself looking for a cup,spoon, waiting for coffee machines to be refilled and the area looked very untidy and not presentable (Shame to see the food people waste from around the world when on holiday) the layout of food was average but looked unpresentable and messy (sometimes due to our people left it) Hossam the head Chef was very nice and explained that changes are being made to improve this buffet area for breakfast lunch and dinner. The choices were limited and i have to say i have been in hotels in Egypt and would not give this restaurante a 5 star at the present time. Its not about being fussy but Hygiene is important and with birds flying around outside and mess on chairs its not very nice also if on tables i understand they were short staffed and keeping up with the demand was quite mad. (I had all my meals at the Italian after that). The Italian served lunch and dinner on the second floor was beautiful views and the food was lots better cleaner and felt like a restaurant. I know some people said you had to wear long trousers for dinner or smart shorts but this did the seem the case this needs to made clear. Most people like to feel they are in a nice dining room with good food as it is a big part of your holiday. The resident manager Tarek Allam spoke with me and agreed that changes are being made next month and agreed with my views and unterstood my views were constructive and not moaning he was really a lovely man, like i said i can not speak for the habits of other people in a dining room but it does surprise you how people still pick up food with hands and leave it like a state for the next person, even the egyptian people shake there heads in dismay.
The reception bar was lovely and the drinks were good also the grand opening of the Queen Victoria was lovely the decor looks great and i am sure with a few theme nights this will be a hit with holiday makers. Abdelsalam provided a good servicec with drinks.
The rooms were cleaned brilliantly Hamdy the cleaning manager could not do enough for us and we always had a good chat in the morning (they love the British people and really embrace them with warmth) nothing was too much especially when i had a small problem one day he was on it! The beach area is very much the same all over Egypt mostly for diving and small pockets of seating a good jetty for seeing the fish. Overall i would say i would return once big improvements have been made to the main dining area. May i say a big thank you to drinks Tarek Allam for letting me keep my room with compliments. Jen and Natalie the guest services who invited me and my partner to the VIP drinks to give feedback. Samar the waiter in the Italian really helpful. Take a trip to Soho Sq (always pop down there for dinner at the Mandrian the Thai is lovely, and use the taxi service at the hotel i always do when in Egypt and they pick you up when you are ready. Check out El Mercato for shopping as well they do a good coffee at starbucks there LOL.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking i would say the rooms at the quite pool are within easy reach of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

many thanks for writing your review regarding your stay, and we are happy to hear you overall enjoyed your stay.

Guest feedback is very important to us, and as you state your feedback was taken at our VIP cocktail event and also by our management and we are looking at ways to improve going forward.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future for you to see first hand the improvments we have made in regards to your comments,