“Nothing really worth buying”
Review of Old Market

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nothing really worth buying”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

It is worth a visit if you are staying in an all inclusive and you are sick of the nightly entertainment. The tour guide who took us there was trying to compare it to Marrakesh, he obviously is yet to visit Marrakesh. It was OK if you want to buy tat to take home for rubbish gifts for relatives, but I was looking for some quality rugs or textiles and there were none to be found. Go along if you have nothing to do, but keep your expectations low.

Visited September 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“more expensive”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went to the old market and even when haggling to the point of walking out the shop it was still more expensive than the smaller markets you can find and they all have the same stuff.

1 Thank aimroj93
essex
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“not a nice place to visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I visited here with my husband and two teenage daughters, this was a big mistake. We got so much more hassle than the amount I would have expected, I think mainly due to having the teenage girls with us. The oldest one was particularly aware of all the comments and the stares.

I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone, and I dont think that the cheap prices made up for all the offensive remarks.

3 Thank slax67
Bromley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good for what it is”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Everyone was bothering you to come in there shop and look but the prices down there are cheaper than most paces so haggle for your bargains also there is only 1 toilet in the whole market in a shop at the beginning of the market! We saw a snake show and also a fire show when we went which was great after that we were ready to go

1 Thank LSK79
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An experience”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went twice, once briefly walking through with a guide and then again on our own, you need to have your wits about you! Three shoves on my back, shoulders and front were enough for me to decide we needed to move on. It is an experience but be alert all the time and the fake watches, even the 1st quality fakes are crap, the strap broke within 1week on an ice watch and my Rolex stops overnight and now even has condensation in the face, they are not worth the money.

1 Thank steve t