“Scary”
Review of Old Market

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I didn't feel very safe here. Some of the men tried looking up my dress. Nothing special. Not really worth going to.

3  Thank chloe w
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"arabic"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

visited old market,and we stood out a mile.Got hassled,by all the local stall and shopkeepers,and when we did not buy anything,they became quite aggressive.Ended up buying some dodgy fags,and can not sell them on now !

3  Thank GillianH2012
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The old market was very hyped up but everyone on our bus wanted to go the moment we got off. Its dirty and they try ripping you off very badly! i would not recommend it!

1  Thank Alex O
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hassle you get from every single shop is expected but most of them do not give up if you say no. You can haggle the prices down a lot but I hate doing that and left it up to my hubby. Very nice place though. Pretty.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I really enjoyed old market found the whole experience very authentic Egypt and enjoyed being a part of it. Lovely restaurants which are priced reasonably and many stalls.
Brought cigarettes for 200 Egyptian pounds for 400 so worth the haggle. Lots of places for spices and oils and usually fakes etc.
Defo worth a visit less hassle than Naama cheaper and better quality restaurants and overall a nice experience.
We also experience 1st hand the celebrations of the president being removed so very busy loud and happy didn't see any trouble just a lot of happy people! Very honoured to have experienced this and I felt safe with my husband friends and our two young children.