We travelled to the hotel in late November 08. This was out first time to Sharm and the whole family were looking forward to the trip and destination. After a 5 1/2 hour flight we landed at the airport which is mad.... The minute you walk through the door you are directed in numerous directions. If you are intending travelling out of Sharm el Sheikh you will need a visa, if you don’t, you won’t. The Hotel isn’t too far away from the airport, perhaps no more than 10 minutes. We read other reviews before travelling which complained about the planes flying in. This really did not both any of us. The planes aren’t arriving all day and are interesting to watch as they arrive. Upon arrival to the hotel all guest must pass through a security check, which we noticed on most hotels, and gave a sense of security (not that this is really needed). Our party consisted of my wife our two children aged 10 and 4 (my daughter turned 5 whilst we were there), and myself. Whilst checking in the hotel upgraded our accommodation to afford us a little more space. The room was fantastically spacious and very comfortable. We had a large king sized bed, a lounge area and a large bathroom with a walk in shower. The pool was very large and very clean. The temperature was maintained and the water was very comfortable. The hotel had a buffet restaurant and also a Tai and Italian restaurant. We ate in the buffet restaurant most evenings and the staff were very good in terms of service and hospitality. Our youngest daughter celebrated her 5th birthday whilst we were at the hotel and on the evening of her birthday the hotel staff made every effort to spoil her. The restaurant staff came into the restaurant singing and clapping and presented her with her very own birthday cake. The hotel also has a sister hotel just a minute or two away. The facilities are for the use of hotel guests and the pool in the sister hotel is fantastic and very large. You must take a look. The hotel also has a free bus service to both its private beach and into Narma Bay. The beach is lovely and the red sea is simply amazing – don’t miss it!!! Narma Bay is good to experience, but my family were thankful we were out of the centre of the bay. Don’t worry about the hotel in any way we thoroughly enjoyed it and would travel back to this resort and the hotel at the drop of a hat. Hope this reviews helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Maritim Dive Resort is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh