“Fantastic hotel”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #78 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have just returned home from an absolutely fabulous holiday at this hotel. The entertainment team were outstanding! Beautiful food and very enjoyable, friendly staff. My only problem I had was I found the cleaners were not doing a good clean, under the bed and floors were dusty. Also as we went November we were attacked by Mosquitos, this hotel has lots during the months of nov and dec as that's the season for Mosquitos, no repellant would work!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula for your vacation, pleased to know that you had a fabulous stay at our hotel and considering returning back to Sharm El Sheikh

Your comment about the room cleanness will be into consecration and the concerned department will be informed

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Sold an all inclusive package yet lots of extras to pay for , the hotel staff were very polite but SORRY not included in the all in deal was a common reply from them. Food was just mediocre rooms needed a make over lots of little things broken door handles or bulbs out . The worst part of the holiday was leaving the hotel complex to visit the town it was a nightmare with young men (weasels I call them) trying there best to sell cheap copy look a like tate and very over priced what they call perfume. It was a very dirty intimidating place lots of police and security guards outside most bars and shops with a converted bus as a holding tank for what I presume is for locking up pick pockets and drug dealers (I was asked several times did I want buy drugs) at the top of the Main Street , not very inviting . Very disappointed overall and wouldn't recommend Egypt because my experience. They need to seriously get there act together

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool and resturaunt
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for choosing Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula for your vacation; regret to know that you didn’t enjoy your stay at our hotel and you found some negative points all what you mentioned in your post will be discussed with the concerned departments to improve it.

I am sorry to know that you faced ridiculous situations in Sharm but be sure that this is individual behaviors and the police available to maintain security all the time plus that the governor start implement a security patrols to deter illegal and inappropriate actions .

Hopefully to give us chance to change your mind next visit to Egypt

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Where do I start. This is an amazing hotel and fully matched my expectations. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a superior room free of charge and wow what a room, huge, clean and well presented. We stayed In room 4217.

I travelled with my wife and 6 year old daughter for a week last week in October and the weather was amazing.

I'm struggling we're too start -

Pool - One of the biggest pools I have ever seen, clean and just the right temperature.

Pool Beds - Very comfortable, and spacious and nice touch with the umbrellas saving us Brits being burnt.

Pool bar - Staff very attentive, lunch menu changed daily on the All Inclusive, Great with the kids and never needed too ask for my beer too be filled up.

Panorama Bar - Personally my favourite. Always went her around 4 when sun was going down for a few drinks prior too showering before dinner. Made a friend in Mena who looked after us superbly. One day asked Mena were I could go out of the complex too watch English Football? " No need" was the reply. Tell me who you want too watch and when and he'll get it for me, and boy did he do that. I saw all the live sky games and games that weren't on sky. One night was watching league cup game and it went into extra time but due too time difference was late, so instead of missing it Mena sorted it for the game too be on back in my room! Sweet. Mena will go out of his way too help and be nice to anyone.

Restaurant - what can I say, staff attentive, cool and clean and huge selection of food too choose from. We as a family are not fussy eaters so we tried nearly everything at breakfast or dinner.

We also went too the italian which is included in the all inclusive and had a wonderful meal there.

Entertainment and staff- Wacky, Funny but great too communicate with and made our holiday. They never stop from morning till the moment you go bed. Bundles of activities during the day too keep you occupied and in the evening kick off with kids mini disco ( which my daughter loved ) then a different show nightly for around 90 mins. They also have a kids club which is safe for your kids, the staff do a fantastic job in there and look after the kids and it's a godsend too send your kids too get them out of the sun when it reaches it's peak.

Take a trip too the beach on free shuttle too Jolie golf resort and eat at the beach bar. This is included in the all inclusive but I decided too eat off their a la carte menu and had arguably one of the best rib eye steaks and chicken wings ever and was a very reasonable £20.

I tried and tried too spend money on holiday but found it difficult as everything is catered for.

Around the pool you will get an abundance off people trying too sell you products however if your firm but polite they will go away and leave you alone.

Overall - Beautiful hotel, amazing rooms, FANTASTIC staff, food and drinks great, will definitely return.

Only negative point reception staff dull, boring, pointless, unhelpful and rude but I suppose reception staff are all the same in any hotel in any country.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula for your vacation, pleased to know that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and considering returning back to Sharm El Sheikh

Pleased to know that you found our staff fantastic as you mentioned in your post Your praises for all staff especially Mena will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that and sorry that you found our reception unhelpful during your stay

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I’m not sure what has happened to Egyptian hotels in recent years. In the good old days circa late 1990’s you paid for a 4 or 5 star hotel and got 4 or 5 star standards. My three most recent trips to Egypt have ended in big disappointment though; all three hotels were 4 or 5 star and were all booked after lengthy and tiring trips to (in theory) give me some much needed relaxation in what I hoped would be a clean and comfortable room.

It was with high hopes therefore that I checked into the Martim Royal Peninsular Hotel in Sharm el Sheikh. First impressions not good – the guy who took me to the room kicked out of the way a weighted sausage thing at the base of the room door which was filthy and covered in hairs and revealed a worryingly large number of ants.

The rooms are massive but are very tired looking and need a deep clean – rugs (there were 3 in my room) were stained and in desperate need of a vacuum, rings from mugs etc present on the surfaces, filthy seat cushions on chairs, and a collection of small flies (dead!) waiting for me in the bed; doubtless friends of the couple of dead flies that greeted me upon arrival on the bedroom floor! The chair at the desk promptly collapse when I sat on it as it had a broken leg joint and the seat cushion had some very unpleasant stains on it (as did the replacement chair provided by housekeeping).

The final straw for me was opening the box containing the bar of soap in the bathroom – it was obviously used and had deeply embedded into it the hairs from a previous occupant; now that really is disgusting and totally inexcusable.

Poolside bar did meals, but tablecloths were dirty and the whole area had an air of ‘we don’t care’ about it, with chairs scattered about in random places and staff who didn’t exactly look as if they were enjoying their work!

Internet in room is via a cable; it didn’t work. Wifi in reception did work and reception staff were also friendly. This place needs refurbishing and some decent housekeeping; it wasn't clean and hairs in soap is the sort of thing I wouldn't even expect in a backpacker hostel let alone a hotel that purports to be a 5 star facility. Definitely not a hotel I would go back to and you can do much better for the money in Sharm, and be located closer to Naama Bay if you want to enjoy the shopping and nightlife there. I can forgive many things including being some distance away from the main tourist areas, but I cannot forgive charging guests money for accommodation that is simply not clean and not maintained.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the pool/entertainment area if you want a quiet night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PhilLondonUK
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

I am sorry to know that we didn’t meet your expectations and hope to have the chance to change your mind next visit

Reviewed November 4, 2013

To make the story short, This hotel only offer you a very big and cozy room,
Food not that good, only offer you 1 free small water bottle at the room no matter how long you will stay or how many person at the room.

no night entertainment, I planed originally to stay 5 days, it end up with 2 days then i left to sister hotel Maritim Jolie Ville resort and golf.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank adelANDnanacy
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Your comment about the food and the entertainment will be addressed to the concerned to take the necessary action

Hopefully we can get another chance to change your idea about our hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from our 7 night stay at this hotel. We travelled as a family of 4, with 2 children aged 8 and 6. Location of hotel, perfect away from all the busy places. A nice quiet environment and 10 minutes away from the airport, soho square and Naama Bay. The cleanliness of the hotel was fantastic and rooms were immaculate at all times. The housekeeping staff did a great job especially Ashraf who we couldn't thank as he left for Cairo a day before we left. Food on the other hand, was a great disappointment as the hotel did not cater for children in mind. Very limited choice. We ended up taking the kids to Naama Bay for McDonalds every other night. However the food at the Beach bar was much much better. It had a set menu which included chicken wraps and paninis which the kids did also enjoy. Staff at this hotel are the asset to this hotel. Very friendly and helpful at all times. Thank you for a lovely time.

Overall an excellent holiday, would defiintely go back to sharm el sheikh. Weather was great!! 32-36 celsius.

Room Tip: We had room 4311 which was right next to reception and a 5 minute walk from the pool and restaurant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mral8577

Dear Valuable Guest

Your comment about the food will be addressed to the concerned to take the necessary action and see where improvements can be done

Your praises for the staff especially Ashraf will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in one of the Garden View Rooms, 5017, actually a larger than standard room, more of a Junior Suite, with separate ensuite full bathroom, that was nicely located, about 4 minutes walk from the main area of restaurants etc., and not too near the pool which gave us a very quiet situation, adding to the relaxation. In our opinion, the food, and we are fussy eaters, on the whole was very good and we enjoyed trying out the various flavours indigenous to the area, even though sometimes a little strong or spicy. Personally, I liked the way the mainly only blanched or par boiled the majority of the vegetables as this retains more nutrients and thus is far more healthier than most of our British diets. As we were All Inclusive, we could have various wines with our meals but found it strange that a 600 ml bottle of water had to be paid for additionally, being scarcer than alcohol in that part of the World I guess. Apart from very little in the way of European type evening entertainment, we both found the beds far too hard for our liking and caused interrupted sleep each night. Overall, good value for money and the staff were some of the most professional we have encountered anywhere but the uncomfortable mattresses will prevent us returning and something we will have to research in the future prior to a firm booking.

Room Tip: Blocks with higher numbers for quietude and preferably a 'Garden View' type as the others te...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for choosing Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel for your vacation, very pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at our hotel

Your comment about the mattress will be taken seriously to be sure from our valuable guests’ satisfaction

Your praises for the staff will be shared with them and they will be so happy with it