“Another superb holiday”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #83 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned home from our most recent visit (31/08/13 to 12/09 )to the maritim royal peninsula .
Another fantastic holiday made very special by the whole staff at the hotel .
From the front desk to the restaurants and everyone in between they always make every effort to make everyone enjoy their stay.
My wife and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing enjoyable break,
to meet lovely people and of course enjoy the sunshine .
The rooms are clean and spacious , the staff are excellent and the food is improving all the time .
Special thanks to MR Khaled and his staff.

Room Tip: All room are clean and tidy. Close to the pool are best .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank johnnymo8
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Morris,

Thank you very much for your nice comment on TripAdvisor, you are always welcome at your second home Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your satisfaction makes us more concern to be always at your expectation, your thanks for the staff will be shared with them and they will be so thankful for that

Thank you for recommending the hotel and hope to see you soon

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Big warning ... if you try to book this hotel please insure every info you get specially reservation fees because they will mislead you
i book this bad hotel from Booking.com then i asked reservation department via phone when upgrading to double they told me only 13 US$ & upgrading via booking.com will cost 10$ .. when i get there they change their data as punishment & i paid 50$ per night
employee told me that " because you book online not via hotel direct you have to pay 50$ instead of 10 $ to upgrade from single to double"
they stole my money
to be honest rooms are large & furniture seems good but very old
food quality was very bad except my last day dinner was Excellent fresh fishes & deserts are good all days
employee don't smile at all
beds so hard, it causes me severe low back pain
they told me that my room is "pool view" & till the end of my stay i was trying to persuade my self that this might be right but i couldn't see any thing
room & restaurant are full of bugs & flies
if you need your daily shampoo & shower gel you have to ask for them " not giving by default"
beach very far with dead corals !!!
swimming pool very cold "no heated pool"
only small bottle of water is allowed per day "0.5 ml"
no ice cream allowed for adults in All inclusive basis & only allowed for kids 3 hours per day !!!
i 'm sorry for wasting my time & my money on such hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bob M

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review; regret to know that we didn’t live up to your expectations

Your comment will be investigated and we will feed you back with the results as such mistakes is not acceptable

Hopefully we can get another chance to change your idea about our hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort from 17th-27th April 2013 with my boyfriend.

ROOMS
When we first arrived, we were given a little tour around the grounds on a buggy, then shown to our room. There are a few blocks spread out around the room. Each with a few rooms. Our first impressions of the room was that it was pretty big and spacious! The bathroom was modern and huge, too. The rooms couldn't be faulted, the TV was a little on the small side, but that didn't bother us as we weren't there to watch TV.

POOL & GROUNDS
The grounds are lovely and very well kept. Very big, too! The pools are pretty big also, and the pool bar in the middle is a nice touch. I must say one thing, which you have probably read time and time again. The pools are FREEZING. So much so that I only saw 2 people in the pool in 10 days! We weren't those 2 people, we just couldn't hack it. Maybe in the height of summer this is different, but certainly in April it was too cold in there for us.

RESTAURANT
We had bed and breakfast, probably the only people there that weren't all inclusive. Tbh, from trying the breakfast out once we decided we were actually glad about our choice. The breakfast wasn't anything special at all. I liked it more than my boyfriend. It was more things like cakes and chicken sausage, not really what we like to eat for breakfast. Though, it is a different country.

We didn't try the Italian, but we did eat at the Thai and I must say that it was AMAZING. It was quite pricey compared to other places we ate in, but totally worth splashing out for one night! Just fantastic all round! Romantic and quiet setting, amazing food and great service. Definitely give the Thai a try!

LOCATION
The hotel is situated on a large road, not within walking distance of anything. However, a cab to Naama bay is only a couple of quid (haggle with the drivers always). Plenty of restaurants, shisha bars etc there. Though Naama bay is terrible for being hassled, so try not to let yourself get dragged in anywhere you don't want to go.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach and back. Not a bad little private beach. They have a beach bar down there which made a nice change and had decent food and drinks!

STAFF
Staff were pretty good, always helped us when we needed them. The animation team were amazing! Arranged trips to Pacha and Pataya beach party for us. Loved those! Mody, Olga and the rest of the team were a fantastic, great bunch and they really did make our holiday special!

OVERALL
I would recommend this hotel definitely. For the price we paid, we can't complain really at all. Of course, with it being a review I have made good and bad points as necessary for a review, though honestly this hotel is definitely worth booking overall. One of the best hotels I've stayed in!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LydiaMadness92

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your analytical review on TripAdvisor, pleased to know that you found us one of the best hotels you had stayed at

Your remarks will remain into consideration to improve our quality of service

Your praises of the staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and looking forward to have another chance to welcome you once again

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I travelled as a single parent with 3 children, although I've done this often, it's always with trepidation! I have never felt so safe in a resort as we were here.
A beautiful hotel with amazing staff who are a real credit to the brand. I've worked in F&B and tourism for over 20 years and believe that you are only as good as your employees. The staff treat you with respect and are attentive. I can't remember everyone's name but Hany, Ahmed, Omar ( to name a few) thank you. We stayed in an Executive Suite, well worth the extra cost.
I'd like to add, there was NO trouble in Sharm. Security is tight at the airport and you're probably safer now than ever before.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MSamuels-Robinson

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay and felt safe with your children at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially Hani, Ahmed and Omar will be delivered to them and they will be so happy with it

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Reviewed September 11, 2013

By far the best holiday of my life.
The check in was easy and lovely, we were upgraded to an executive suite free of charge. Gold buggy to the room with the gentleman showing us all the facilities along the way.
The room was impressive, two seating areas, a large queen size bed (not two twins put together), dressing area and a huge bathroom with two sinks, and a bath big enough for two and shower big enough for 4!
Air con was included and fab, very much needed after the days out. The rooms service was excellent, we ordered this on two ocassions due to missing dinner. Lovely restuarant standard food delivered.
The pool was huge, lovely temp and no lack of sunbeds. Pool bar staff were vey friendly and seemed to remember what you drank most. The lunch at the pool bar was varied and tasty. The pool bar and restuarant do actually included some fruit juices such as orange and apple but you need to pay for strawberry etc. Not a problem for us. Buffet was themed each night and the food was hot and impressive. Some nights we couldn't find anything such as seafood night as we are allergic so we had fresh to order pasta which was probably one of the best meals there. Breakfast was lovely, continental for me and the other half has pancakes and pastries, there is also an egg station which we didn't try.
Pool antics during the day were great entertainment. The entertainment at night was a bit hit and miss but the animation team were fab regardless of what show they put on. You get a free voucher for the italian but i personally wouldn't recommend, its nice but nothing extrodinary. The thai restaurant was incredible, its not expensive. £40 for a cocktail, two soft drinks, two main meals and two starters. Larger main meals too so be careful when ordering!
The pharmacy was a complete rip off but unfortunately a necessary requirement, if you can hold off and go to Soho sqaure or naama bay it would be much cheaper. The perfume shop was great a little expensive but the owner was so genuine we spent a lot of money here. I also bought several bag and purses from him which you can't tell the difference from the real ones!
Overall our holiday was incredible, I wouldn't hesitate to return but would definitely have a suite again.

Room Tip: go for executive suite for a little extra luxury!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, very pleased to know that you had best holiday in Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

We are now working on improving the entertainment program to satisfy our valuable guests

Very pleased to know that you were satisfied with our service

Waiting for your next visit

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Returned home on 9th Sept after spending a week at the Jolie Ville with my daughter. This holiday was a last minute break. Check in was warm and welcoming. Our room was very spacious, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and having two sinks in the bathroom was great. We were made to feel very welcome from all the staff we had the pleasure to meet and nothing was too much trouble for them. Meals in the main restaurant are buffet which is plentiful and i enjoyed eveything i chose. This hotel has a lovely, clean, large pool and i cannot fault the pool bar and the guys who work in there. They're hard working, efficient, respectful, friendly and helpful. The soups in there are delicious. Young Mohammed who i believe hasn't worked there very long and who works in the pool bar, is in my opinion, a great asset to this hotel. He quietly works hard, is pleasant and he misses nothing. Promotion for him would be a good move for all concerned. Hani the bar manager is a 'Star'. A genuinely nice man and very good at his job and respected by guests and staff alike. Omar from Luxor, another shining light in this hotel. A man who loves his job, is very good at it and ambitious to climb the promotional ladder. Service at the beach was excellent. The food was gorgeous and the toilets there were spotless. As for the evening entertainment, we all know the saying 'it wasn't much to write home about', so i won't, because it wasn't. Now to the animation team. Mido, Mido, Mido. A young man with an inflated ego prowling around the pool, hitting on any young woman who catches his eye (unless they are wtih a boyfriend or father). Parents beware. He may be able to speak a few words in several languages (who doesn't who works in this type of job) but he doesn't understand the cultures of these countries. If he doesn't get his own way he's like a little boy who's had his favourite toy taken away from him. I had cause to make a complaint about him which was dealt with immediately and efficiently by his superiors. Apart from this thimble of a problem my stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pamjam

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, very pleased to know that you had very enjoyable stay with your daughter at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your comment about Mido has been taken seriously and action has been taken

We are now working on improving the entertainment program to satisfy our guests

Your praises for the various team members Mohamed, Hani and Omar will be shared with them and they will be thankful for that

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Jolie Ville with my mother.
We arrived quite late at night but we were checked in swiftly and efficiently and taken to our huge room, and then we headed to the restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the staff and waited on by Ahmed.
Throughout our holiday we were treated like we were their family, they couldn't do enough for us.
There are a few members of staff I'd like to give a special thanks to, Hani, really lovely guy, very caring and warm hearted. Omar, again a lovely person, very ambitious, he should be made captain! Mohammed F in the pool bar, he's only been there a month but I think he has great potential to be promoted, he was always very attentive, but didn't crowd us, very professional and a genuinely nice person.
The food was always piping hot and plentiful, very yummy.
Pool is huge and clean, not too cold.
The beach is brilliant, loads of amazing fish to see if you go snorkelling and the food is to die for.
The evening entertainment isn't up to much, but having been to Egypt 5 times now, I wasn't expecting circ du soleil.
I would have given this hotel 5/5 but there are a few little things like, discoloured shower curtain, some chipped tiles etc that prevented me from doing this. But by no means did this detract from our holiday.
I hope to return to this hotel in the near future, And I know I will get the same warm welcome and have a fabulous time.
Don't hesitate to book this hotel folks! It's fantastic!
Kind regards,
Hannah. :-)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest, Hannah

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a fabulous time at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially Hani, Omar and Mohamed will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and waiting for your next visit