“Read the whole of the review.”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #79 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
lancashire
“Read the whole of the review.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Returned home on 9th Sept after spending a week at the Jolie Ville with my daughter. This holiday was a last minute break. Check in was warm and welcoming. Our room was very spacious, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and having two sinks in the bathroom was great. We were made to feel very welcome from all the staff we had the pleasure to meet and nothing was too much trouble for them. Meals in the main restaurant are buffet which is plentiful and i enjoyed eveything i chose. This hotel has a lovely, clean, large pool and i cannot fault the pool bar and the guys who work in there. They're hard working, efficient, respectful, friendly and helpful. The soups in there are delicious. Young Mohammed who i believe hasn't worked there very long and who works in the pool bar, is in my opinion, a great asset to this hotel. He quietly works hard, is pleasant and he misses nothing. Promotion for him would be a good move for all concerned. Hani the bar manager is a 'Star'. A genuinely nice man and very good at his job and respected by guests and staff alike. Omar from Luxor, another shining light in this hotel. A man who loves his job, is very good at it and ambitious to climb the promotional ladder. Service at the beach was excellent. The food was gorgeous and the toilets there were spotless. As for the evening entertainment, we all know the saying 'it wasn't much to write home about', so i won't, because it wasn't. Now to the animation team. Mido, Mido, Mido. A young man with an inflated ego prowling around the pool, hitting on any young woman who catches his eye (unless they are wtih a boyfriend or father). Parents beware. He may be able to speak a few words in several languages (who doesn't who works in this type of job) but he doesn't understand the cultures of these countries. If he doesn't get his own way he's like a little boy who's had his favourite toy taken away from him. I had cause to make a complaint about him which was dealt with immediately and efficiently by his superiors. Apart from this thimble of a problem my stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pamjam
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, very pleased to know that you had very enjoyable stay with your daughter at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your comment about Mido has been taken seriously and action has been taken

We are now working on improving the entertainment program to satisfy our guests

Your praises for the various team members Mohamed, Hani and Omar will be shared with them and they will be thankful for that

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Khaled Ahmed, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Jolie Ville with my mother.
We arrived quite late at night but we were checked in swiftly and efficiently and taken to our huge room, and then we headed to the restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the staff and waited on by Ahmed.
Throughout our holiday we were treated like we were their family, they couldn't do enough for us.
There are a few members of staff I'd like to give a special thanks to, Hani, really lovely guy, very caring and warm hearted. Omar, again a lovely person, very ambitious, he should be made captain! Mohammed F in the pool bar, he's only been there a month but I think he has great potential to be promoted, he was always very attentive, but didn't crowd us, very professional and a genuinely nice person.
The food was always piping hot and plentiful, very yummy.
Pool is huge and clean, not too cold.
The beach is brilliant, loads of amazing fish to see if you go snorkelling and the food is to die for.
The evening entertainment isn't up to much, but having been to Egypt 5 times now, I wasn't expecting circ du soleil.
I would have given this hotel 5/5 but there are a few little things like, discoloured shower curtain, some chipped tiles etc that prevented me from doing this. But by no means did this detract from our holiday.
I hope to return to this hotel in the near future, And I know I will get the same warm welcome and have a fabulous time.
Don't hesitate to book this hotel folks! It's fantastic!
Kind regards,
Hannah. :-)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest, Hannah

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a fabulous time at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially Hani, Omar and Mohamed will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and waiting for your next visit

Essex
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Returned home on 22 August having stayed at the Royal Peninsula for a 3rd consecutive year. Yet again we had a great 2 week holiday and we just cannot fault this hotel or the brilliant staff that looked after us. We've stayed at many other hotels in Sharm but this place is our favourite by far.

We like everything about this hotel - the huge pool, the large clean rooms, the layout/spacious grounds, the food and especially all the people that work there. It's such a relaxing place and it suits us perfectly.

It's sometimes worrrying when you visit the same hotel more than once but even after 3 consecutives holidays here, we all agree that we would definately go back to the Royal Peninsula for a forth visit; easily.

It was great to see some old faces from previous years and good to meet others that have recently joined. Our special thanks go to Ismail, Ahmed, Ossama, Salah & Mohammed for looking after us in the resturant and especially for teaching Adam & Sarah the local language. We were always warmly welcomed each and every meal time and we really enjoyed the banter with everyone - we had a great laugh. We've always enjoyed the food & desserts and this year was no different, thank you to all the chefs. It was good to see that Mohammed (beach bar) and Ahmed (pool bar) had been promoted and are now wearing ties!!

Another few people who deserve a special mention are the pool guys Akram, Ahmed & Ehab. These three guys looked after us during our lazy days around the pool & when we ventured down to the beach for a bit of snorkling.

We enjoyed our evenings at the Piano bar and Ehab made sure that we didn't go thirsty! Thanks Ehab.

It's a really great hotel and we can't recommend it highly enough. Once again many thanks to everyone who looked after us during our 2 week stay and we definitely hope to see you all again in 2014.

1 Thank Mac2008
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice post on the TripAdvisor, very pleased to know that it was your third visit and you had a great two weeks holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the various team members will be shared with them all and they will be so grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and hopefully we will be at your expectations in your fourth visit

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked afamily room from 1/9 till 5/9 through booking
.com but the hotel was not as i expected because i work as atour guide so i used to stay in movepick hotel every where in egypt so i know movenpick which becam maritim is something special in every thing when i have aprogram with my guest in many places in egypt we stay in many hotels but the time we stay in movenpick was alwayes the best but when i decided to take my family for aholiday it was very bad so after our 4 nights i had to go to another hotel to forget what happened during my stay in your hotel .the staff in the restaurant very good at smiling to the tourists !!!!only female guest and to the egyptian fantastic stone face oh my god !!!!! Please inform your staff that more than 80 percent r egyptians which means its good for the hotel in this bad time .evening entertainment is ok for acafe in naama bay not for 5 stars hotel at last iam very dissapointed and i think i willnot recommend to any of my freinds or my guest.u have agreat reputation dont lose it.

• Stayed September 2013
Rickmansworth
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We travelled as a family of five including three teenage girls aged 17 and 15. We had a very relaxing week. Weather was fantastic as wall to wall sunshine with a steady breeze at the pool but even better at the beach. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Special mention for Hani the bar Manager who always had a smile and especially all the waiters at the beach bar again special mention for Emad who offered excellent service with a smile!

Main positive aspects.
Felt very safe- there really isn't a problem in this area of Egypt!
Beautiful beach and jettys with sunbeds
Lifeguards very friendly at the beach - we tipped one on the first day and had towels on beds waiting for us everyday at the beach; given how empty the hotel was this clearly didn't restrict any other guests.
Snorkelling off the coral was awesome.
Hotel complex - very clean and tidy
Rooms very spacious and cleaned thoroughly each day.
Air con - good and not too noisy!
Pool - huge and again very clean always!
Mosi spraying - each eve and this certainly kept the little beasts at bay - best holiday ever for lack if bites!
Spa - was sceptical given previous review on TA but how wrong was I. Sheref did a really good demo on us at the beach and we signed up for four Cleopatra treatments - sauna, massage , salt scrub, and jacuzzi, with an agreement that we would not pay unless satisfied. The treatments lasted 2hours and were awesome and very good value for money with discount negotiated. We even booked to have another one the day before departure.
Hotel is close to N Bay - courtesy bus runs twice per evening. Also only £4-50 for cab to Soho Sq which is worthy a visit.

Less positive
Food - a little disappointing most days. No fresh juices at breakfast unless you but extra package which we didn't see until half way through holiday. Food was also luke warm in main buffet restaurant. Beach bar by far the best food in complex albeit restricted menu on AI. Also you are entitled to one meal in the Italian per week. We choice this on the 'British' night in the buffet restaurant. Again menu is very restricted for AI and when we asked to swap for a cheaper main menu option, there was no flex!
Also food times restricted - lunch until 3-30 then dinner from 7pm. Limited food offerings outside the scheduled restaurant times.
Drinks - only local spirits available on AI which were far from desirable - gin tasted like the smell of paint stripper. Wine was ok and became my tipple as I didn't want to pay silly prices for a proper G&T.
Wifi - free but only in certain areas and at times wasn't very strong signal - best in lobby.

All in all a very peaceful relaxing week and I cannot help but feel sorry for the negative impact all the TV coverage is having on tourism to this very beautiful part of Egypt. We would go back tomorrow!!

1 Thank Jules069
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, very pleased to know that you had a relaxing week at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

All the negative points mentioned by you will be under estimation to see what can be done regarding it

Your praises for the staff especially Hani, Emad and the beach bar will be shared with them and they will be so happy with it

Thank you for your kind feelings and waiting for your next visit

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This resort is beautifully set out in lush grounds with a magnificent swimming pool in private grounds about 5kms outside of Sharm on the way to/from the airport. I got a great internet deal for 8 days and scored a huge corner apartment in Villa 48. It was huge, cool and well appointed. The service was outstanding and the food on the Room Service menu great value. A well cooked and well presented hamburger came with fries and salad. The toasted sandwich was huge and also came with plenty of fries - I could hardly eat it in one sitting. The room rate included buffet breakfast which had something for everyone. My favourite were the deep fried falafel balls.
On the downside, there was no internet in the 8 days I was there or any options if you needed to be online (which I did). I had selected the hotel because if offered free wifi but there was nothing. The nearby hotels had it but no one could explain why it wasn't available for why it would take so long to fix. I did wonder if this was a cost-cutting move. Luckily Amr on night reception loaned me his personal phone wifi hotspot so I could book further onward travel and I can't thank him enough. The free bus was hard to get a seat on unless you booked the day before. The free bus to the beach was ok and well worth going to. I'm glad I didn't stay at the beach resort though.
Overall the resort was beautiful and perfectly safe. It has a gym, a small group of shops and a free book exchange. The room service was impeccable and the room cleaner a cheery and delightful young man. I'd go back if the wifi was available.

Room Tip: A corner apartment in the garden villas away from the pool area would be my ideal pick of accommodat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, very pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Sorry for the Wi-Fi problem but the main internet cable has been stolen and the concerned are working on fixing it

Pleased to know that you were satisfied and hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

10 days holiday returned on 31st August. A family of 5, I travelled with my mother and father, husband and child of 7. The hotel is really near to the airport, and the transition was speedy and quick (dispite the mess up made by Sunmaster who we booked with, and, would never use again!)
The hotel is vast, and has plenty of space, the rooms are huge and decorated nicely. We stayed near the main reception which was probably the furthest point from the restuarant. However, we were taxied around the complex in a large golf buggy, as my Dad has difficulty walking, which helped us immensely. Nothing was too much trouble.
Food was good, the bread, pastries etc are cooked freshly every day, so many bread choices!
The staff in the hotel are polite, caring, funny, proud, and work such long hours with a continual smile on their face.
My daughter played in the kids club sometimes, or just with other children around the pool area, it felt safe.
The facilities are excellent, massages are awesome (quality), and are prices around £35 depending on how many you buy.
The beauty salon is very average, not for me, I did try, but decided that I would rather spend my money else where!
Entertainment is average too, but, we went for R & R, so this was no big deal. Drinks are good, white wine took a few days to palate, but I got there!
The point is, value for money this hotel is excellent, but for me it was the staff that made the holiday, their whole attitude is a breath of fresh air - nothing is too much trouble.
I would definately visit this hotel again, despite all the adverse news, and fears of travelling to Eygpt, I was certainly sceptical and worried. I did not need to be. I felt completely safe.

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your nice comment about the staff will be shared with them and they will be very grateful for that

For the entertainment, we are now working on improving the entertainment program to satisfy our valuable guests

Finally I would like to thank you for your nice feelings concerning your visit to Egypt and waiting for your next visit