“Nice hotel, location terrible, hotel prices very expensive.”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #75 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Nice hotel, location terrible, hotel prices very expensive.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here from 3rd june to the 10th, hotel is very nice, very clean, pool is huge and nice and cold, the weather was absolutely boiling, the staff are very nice and they will do anything for you, they make you feel safe and relaxed. There is a free shuttle to the beach and to naama bay at night, The resort is set quite far from naama bay 20 minutes it takes in a taxi, and dont pay nomore the 40 egyption!! Would recommend going to naama bay its really good the bars and clubs are wicked, you do get hassled but if you just say "no thanks" they leave u alone. The only problem we had was the shops and stores in the resort was really expensive, i bought peanuts, a chocolate bar and a packet of crisp and it came up to 95 egyption, which is like 9.50 in english money. Also beaware of the excursions at the hotel we payed 40 pound english money each to go on quads and ride the camels, in naama bay u can get this for 8 english pounds and they pick up from the hotel. Also the hotel tryed to sell us a trip for 60 english pound to swim with dolphins for 15 minutes, in namma bay this was 30 english pounds. I would not recommend a massage from the hotel this really hurt and i had bruises on my leg. On our last day we had staff banging us up at 8am . Are checkout wasnt until 12pm. Apart from this i had a lovely stay by the pool in the sun, and the animation team was really good, with the water polo, volley ball,aerobics and they did belly dancing lessons. I would personally not stay here again only because of locations, i like to be around things, i would recommend for a family or someone who wants nice relaxed holiday.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ellese91
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

What has been mentioned in your post about the shops prices and the excursion prices will be discussed internally with concerned department heads to see where improvements can be done

What has been mentioned about the banging on 8:00 A.M will be investigated to take the proper action about it

Your praises of the staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and looking forward to have another chance to welcome you once again

Khaled Ahmed, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

me and my boyfriend went here in may 2013 with another couple who often go, they told us how lovely it was. But ooh my god its fantastic ! 10 minutes from the airport which was handy after a 6 hour flight. From the minute we got there till the day we left the staff were great !! very friendly, happy to help and nothing was to much trouble, they never asked for tips or wanted to give us gifts so ....The food was great, I am a cook so a bit picky ha harr but it was very clean fresh everything , pasta station and omelettes were lovely, as was everything ! the rooms were massive very clean and well kept, cleaner in every day and it was spotless, bedding changed daily, bathroom and lounge was big too, AND the bed well lets just say you could get lost in it ha ha ha. WE can not wait to go back, it was so relaxing, no trouble to get a sunbed or space at the pool which was massive again ! lots to do , places to go with free busses, the hotels beach was out of this world, I have never seen any where so lovely in my life ! again the beach bar and restaurant was out of this world, All I can say is if your thinking of going GO you will not be disappointed. To the hotel staff and management thank you very much me and my partner had a fantastic first holiday together, and we will be seeing you again soon .

Room Tip: all rooms were great .
8 Thank pamela765
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a fantastic holiday with your partner at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your nice comment makes us more concern to be always at our valuable guests’ expectations

Thank you for recommending our hotel and your thanks for the staff and the management team will be shared with all and they will be so grateful for that

Looking forward for your next visit

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have just returned from 10 days at the Jolie Ville and I must say it is one of the best holidays we have ever had. The complex is so lovely and quiete and ideal for relaxing. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated so well by all the staff. The rooms are so large and comfy and are kept so spotless. The food in the Restaurant was always plentifull and such a large choice that you were never left hungry. All staff were exceptionally friendly and smiling so cannot pick any out specific apart from the lady at the Guest Relations desk who helped us out a few times and cannot thank her enough. We enjoyed a few treatments at the Beauty Shop which was very nice and again very friendly staff. Thank you for an amazing holiday just what we needed and hope to return again later in the year,

2 Thank Julie E
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Mentioning that it was the best holiday you have ever had makes us more concern to be at your expectations in your next visit

Your praises for the various team members especially MS. Omaima (Guest relation officer) will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Looking forward for your next visit this year

Hillerod, Denmark
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have been to this wonderful hotel for the forth time for 2 weeks in May and our holidays could not have been better. Lovely rooms, super food in the main restaurant and the Italian Restaurant, very good service and smiling and helpful personnel everywhere. Right from our arrival at reception were we made welcome and so did everybody - the gentleman cleaning our room, the cooks (especially Mohamed and Mahmoud), the waiters in the various restaurants (especially Moustafa our friend right from the first time) and bars, the animation team, the gentleman at the towels service, and the drivers of the club cars. We hope we have not forgotten anybody..We were always being treated as if we are part of a big family.

We just love your hotel and try everything to be back in December. Inshallah

Our kindest regards to all Management and Staff.

Doris and Bjarne Poulsen
Denmark

8 Thank DorisPoulsen
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a Tripadvisor review and thank you very much for your nice words, it’s my pleasure to know that we succeed in making you feel so welcome and you had a fabulous vacation at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula for the fourth time.

Your praises of various team members will be shared with them and they will be so happy

Hopefully we get a chance to welcome you back again

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let me start by saying I love this place - the pool set up is fantastic, and the rooms are great. especially love the bathrooms and everything here is spotless. The cleaners would be in and out after cleaning our room each day while we had breakfast and all the staff had a smile and were always trying with friendly banter. The food was very good and there was always something for everyone - I'm a vegetarian and ate salad all week and have been perfectly well - so i'd say hygiene must be top notch. I loved the pasta station and omelette station. I was also particularly impressed by the inclusive cabled internet in rooms - this was something I didn't expect and was a happy surprise upon arrival.

With what I've written so far you're probably wondering why I didn't give this hotel a 5? There were just a couple of staff who were so desperate to make an extra couple of pounds they ruined the experience for us: Firstly a waiter insisted we were friends and on our last night wanted to give us a 'gift', I said no a few times but he kept saying no come over and pick it up he already had it and it was small. Obviously it was a scam (and i knew it was going to happen, but he said he had already bought it and to meet him at the sheesha area so reluctantly we went feeling coerced and akward). He gave me a head scarf he'd bought from the gift shop (can't have been more than £3) and demanded a gift of money. I was used to being ripped off outside of the hotel but on site I hoped it wouldn't be so - we were there to relax. We'd tipped him a few times throughout our stay so this extortion left us feeling cold and resentful.

Secondly I asked the pharmacist for bite cream and he took out bite cream, and 2 other tubes of cream and before i could say anything had broken the seal and squeezed them into a big tub and was asking for £15 - it was bizarre - his english was bad, but it seemed odd - i clearly just wanted bite cream as invented by experts in a lab and not some home made concoction that included bite cream, camomile and some anaesthetic agent.

We're seriously thinking of going back to this hotel and maybe doing our diving padi in 2014, but we both feel put off by these two staff members (especially the first). It was such a shame because EVERY other member of staff was brilliant - including the nicest guy who works on the security gates at night who told me about his family and his farm. I have never been anywhere the staff were so welcoming and chatty before and it's a shame the place was let down by just two of them.

I highly recommend this hotel, just be wary if a staff member offers you a gift!

6 Thank petefryatt
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula and enjoyed with the food, the rooms and our friendly staff.

Definitely what had happened with you by the waiter and the pharmacist is an individual behavior especially that they left a negative comment towards our resort during your vacation and please be informed that a serious action will be taken towards the pharmacist

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Once again been back to this brilliant hotel for us the best in Sharm El Sheilkh Egypt
we went back in March 2013 and what a welcome from the staff they all remembered us and greeted us like long lost friends
the hotel was as clean as it always is the room was kept spotless and clean linen and towels
the food was good as well we had been in January 2013 and they always had pate of various flavours this time it was missing so I saw one of the head chefs and asked were they doing any in the near future and he said leave it with me and two days later to my delight there was the pate delightful as usual and that is what I call service so compliments to the chef in question
Samir in the main bar gave us excellent service as usual with his happy smile included he is a real gentleman
I would like to say to all the staff a big thank you for once again making our holiday enjoyable
so much we have booked to go back on the 24thMay 2013
there is nothing we find to complain about at this hotel and we have travelled all over the world and stayed in lovely hotels
I have read a few reviews which I disagree with all I can say to them is you have to try other hotels in Sharm and I will guarantee your next visit will be back at the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel&Resort

Room Tip: all rooms where ever you have won are clean and spotless
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank june c
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that it was your second visit and it still the best hotel for you

Your nice comment makes us more concern to be always at our valuable guests expectations

Your thanks and praises for the staff especially Samir will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Looking forward your next visit

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Firstly, this hotel is spotless. The rooms are large and very clean. But this is a hotel for staying overnight; not a holiday hotel.

We stayed here last week and were glad we only booked for a week. The food was ok for the first few days whilst there were a lot of other nationalities. However, it seemed to be a middle eastern holiday and once they were gone the food deteriorated. We ate mostly salad and fruit for the last four days. Don't go all inclusive. Eat out elsewhere.

The entertainment crew were trying hard. They were very good with kids. But the night time entertainers were like something from Britain's Got Talent rejects! The singers were singing along to tracks with the original singers still singing! But you could still hear them singing off tune! Actually it was really funny. Maybe that was the point?

Don't get me wrong, the staff were wonderful and if you don't want to do anything, it's an ok hotel. Beware of the on site shops though. We were over charged on the only occasion we went. One small bag of nuts, 2 galaxy's and a bag of gums cost £7.50! They obviously saw us coming! We never shopped there again.

Overall the hotel is nothing to write home about and definitely not a 5 star. Just disappointing given all of the other reviews we read before going.

Room Tip: All rooms seem really nice and very clean everywhere.
3 Thank Wendy Q
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review; regret to know that you didn’t enjoy your stay as much as you can at Maritim Jolie Royal Peninsula

All what you have been mentioned in your review will be discussed internally to see where improvements can be done

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again and change your idea