We just got back from Sharm el sheikh last week, after spending a week at this hotel. Overall our (my husband and I's) impression was that it was a lovely hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to go back if we were to return to Sharm. It is not too far from the airport, they charge 65 EGP from the hotel to the airport so ensure you don't spend any more. Upon arrival, we were received with a fresh glass of juice and a buggy ride to our room (block 58). The room exceeded our expectations in that it was clean and really spacious, particularly the bathroom. On one occassion the air con was leaking causing a huge puddle but it was promptly fixed. Housekeeping were also very quick an prompt to make up room whilst we ate breakfast every day.
We were b&b only, as we tended to spend our evenings out and about sampling local restaurants but the all inclusive did seem worthwhile if you were going to spend a lot of time at the hotel. Although I must say the breakfast was the most dull and repetitive selection I have ever seen - not awful, but not great either.
There was entertainment on most evenings - not to our liking but it was a variety of singing/dancing etc by the animation team. We spent a fair bit of time by the pool which was nice, and we frequently used the bus to the beach (maritim golf resort - sister hotel) which is absolutely breathtaking and a must visit.
We also made use of the bus to Naama bay - maritim casino hotel. One issue we had along with many other guests was the freuqency and timing of the buses is awful. Its always packed going to Naama bay and they expect you to return within 90 minutes, which is not realistic. If you don't get the bus, the taxi costs around 40 EGP.
Unfortunately on our last day we noticed a few things about the bbq bar which really left an awful impression - we saw the barman empty used glasses of fresh strawberry juice that had been cleared from the tables back into the container for the fresh juice!! We were absolutely shocked, needless to say I swiftly cancelled my order for fresh mango juice.On the same day my portion of chips also looked vaguely peculiar and I wasn't convinced they were freshly made.
Other than the above, we were pretty satisfied with the hotel, and would recommend it to others - just don't eat from here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Maritim Dive Resort is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh