“Lovely hotel, really relaxing but a few snags!”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #84 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just got back from Sharm el sheikh last week, after spending a week at this hotel. Overall our (my husband and I's) impression was that it was a lovely hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to go back if we were to return to Sharm. It is not too far from the airport, they charge 65 EGP from the hotel to the airport so ensure you don't spend any more. Upon arrival, we were received with a fresh glass of juice and a buggy ride to our room (block 58). The room exceeded our expectations in that it was clean and really spacious, particularly the bathroom. On one occassion the air con was leaking causing a huge puddle but it was promptly fixed. Housekeeping were also very quick an prompt to make up room whilst we ate breakfast every day.

We were b&b only, as we tended to spend our evenings out and about sampling local restaurants but the all inclusive did seem worthwhile if you were going to spend a lot of time at the hotel. Although I must say the breakfast was the most dull and repetitive selection I have ever seen - not awful, but not great either.

There was entertainment on most evenings - not to our liking but it was a variety of singing/dancing etc by the animation team. We spent a fair bit of time by the pool which was nice, and we frequently used the bus to the beach (maritim golf resort - sister hotel) which is absolutely breathtaking and a must visit.

We also made use of the bus to Naama bay - maritim casino hotel. One issue we had along with many other guests was the freuqency and timing of the buses is awful. Its always packed going to Naama bay and they expect you to return within 90 minutes, which is not realistic. If you don't get the bus, the taxi costs around 40 EGP.

Unfortunately on our last day we noticed a few things about the bbq bar which really left an awful impression - we saw the barman empty used glasses of fresh strawberry juice that had been cleared from the tables back into the container for the fresh juice!! We were absolutely shocked, needless to say I swiftly cancelled my order for fresh mango juice.On the same day my portion of chips also looked vaguely peculiar and I wasn't convinced they were freshly made.

Other than the above, we were pretty satisfied with the hotel, and would recommend it to others - just don't eat from here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a lovely week at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your comment about the frequency of buses to Neama bay will remain into consideration to see where improvement can be done

What you saw from the barman at the Pool BBQ will be taken as a serious point as such action is not allowed at all

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel, which we were b&b in and just wanted to tell you what my friend Anna and I had thought...

We arrived ✈ in the evening and were taken on a golf buggy to our apartment. Block 50, 2large beds, a huge bath, a sink each and air con that was a little noisy but we got used to it.
We headed straight out of the apartment and had a nose around, couldn't see too much as its fairly dark in the evenings with not a great deal of lights. We went to the Italian and just had a pizza each which was fine but nothing to rave about.

The next day we went for brekkie, I wasn't overly excited by the breakfast choice, don't get me wrong there was plenty to choose from, but just when the whole world and his wife could help themselves to everything it put me off a little. I stuck to having eggs most mornings which a chef would cook in front of you.
We went and found our sunbeds and were really surprised to see the massive pool, my friend went in the pool a few times but I just found it too cold ❄❄

We repeated this for a couple of days and had heard from others that the beach was really good. ⛵ We went for three days on the trot it was that nice! We sat on the same jetty each day and chatted with the lovely life guard Moamin. He was very kind to lend us his snorkel and mask to see the amazing and most beautiful fish the sea was so much warmer and as myself had never snorkelled before it took me a few goes of getting in and getting over the fear, I'm so glad I did, just make sure you are a strong and confident swimmer, as you can't feel the bottom!!

We got taxis from the hotel (very reasonable to naama bay ) we found it full of life, entertaining, and much more to choose from food wise than soho square which is much quieter in comparison.
Camel bar is a must, we met the owner nick (English) very sweet. Good food and amazing cocktails
We bought most of our souveneir bits here but make sure you haggle!!!!

Our faviourite place to eat was back at the hotel, the Thai! We went twice in one week it was so good! ✅The waiter Eslam (john travolta) is the best ever and will look after you very well!

I treated myself to a body exfoliation and back massage in the spa, all I can say is it was bliss, so relaxing and in really nice surroundings.

We met sooooo many great people and the weather was just beautiful!

My only upset was the mozzies! They loved biting me, but luckily had bought the right stuff with me to ease the itching! The pharmacy is meant to be pricey so be warned!

We have both said we would definitely come back with our other halves, hope my rabbling on has helped, it was reading other people's experiences that made me book this place, hope you enjoy it as much as we did
Danielle & Anna

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially Eslam will be shared with them and they will be so happy in return

Reviewed November 19, 2012

First time in Sharm and it was worth doing the research on the Royal beforehand. Close to the golf course I I am a golfer ) and great sports facilities. Room was massive and had everything you needed with daily change of towels and housekeeping ensuring the place was spotless every day !

Food was good although I would say the main restaurant would benefit from better signs and perhaps some themed areas every night rather than only on one night. I found the pool food particularly good and the chef was happy to get feedback on your meal afterwards.

The Italian Al Forno was magical and the best I have ever had. Did not try the Thai although I did hear that was excellent too.

Thanks to Natali, Mohamed and Ahmed and all the other animation team for making us feel welcome.

Only minor negatives are as follows ;

1 why do Maritim all inclusive guests have to pay 80 egyptian pounds to visit beach at the Casino hotel ( sister hotel ) in Naama bay ?

2 need water fountains in the gym as you have to pay 10 egyptian pounds for a bottle of water where you have water dispensers in all the other parts of the hotel. I know not much money but all inclusive should mean all inclusive including water !

3 Need bigger signs for guests to see what animation events are on a daily basis.

4 Entertainment was average although probably enough to cater for most people.

5 The daily bus to Naama goes at 10am but not another one to come back until 8pm ! need more frequent shuttle back in between please.

6 wine quality not that good for all inclusive.

Overall, had a brilliant time and will return again soon I hope.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view and you will get the early morning sun !!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Neil E

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a brilliant time at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

The negatives points mentioned by you will be discussed internally to see where improvements can be done and where actions can be taken

Your comment about the restaurants signs will remain into consideration but about themed nights, every day on the week we have different theme

Your thanks for Natali, Mohamed and Ahmed and all the animation team will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Waiting for your next visit

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have been to Sharm El Sheik many times and tried many Hotels and resorts.. most are similar.. style of Hotel, food etc.. this one stands out a mile.. it is very clean, well presented well organised etc etc. The rooms are a bungalow style, all huge with large bathrooms and well located.. we were all inclusive and were impressed.. the food was really varied nightly with different themed evenings such as Asian, Italian, british etc. The buffet was well arranged and I couldn't fault the quality. The staff everywhere are pleasant. The Italian restaurant is nice but noisy.. throughout our entire meal, we could hear the chatting and clattering of the kitchen which was a shame...The pool is huge albeit a touch cold.. but the guaranteed sunshine will quickly warm you up. The private beach are is a short bus trip from the hotel and is not a problem.. be aware that there are a lot of steps down to the beach (and subsequently back up) about 100 and therefore not good for anyone that would struggle.. the beach bar/restaurant is great and the food is really good for lunch... the beach reef is really good and fabulous for beginner snorkelers who don't want to get on a boat trip.. there is plenty to see... The Hotel spa is truly beautiful and I recommend the cleopatra treatment highly.. good value and 2 hours of superb pampering. book your airport transfer directly with Hotel .. costs about £6.50 (650 egyptian pounds is approx. 10-1) I booked online with Bright sky travel via hotels4u.com and dealt with a bunch of clowns who charged more than twice as much... the only downside to the holiday,, they insisted we go to a hotel meeting to get information for our return transfer (a way to suck you in) and the rep was really rude to us and others because we didn't want to buy any excursions or listen to his waffle....not impressed with him but this does not reflect on the hotel at all.. of course, if it is your first time to Sharm then the meeting will no doubt be of great interest to you..
We will return as it was so lovely...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your comment about the noisy at the Italian restaurant will remain into consideration to take the proper action towards it

Your praises for the staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort is a very lovely Hotel .. it has an excellent Quality in Food , Very big rooms, very good furniture , gardens, But ... the concept of all inclusive is not good
in the most major of hotels (not include Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort) all inclusive mean drink any soft drinks any time ... but in Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort you can't get bottle of water when you need it ... only one free bar with a limited time, no chips, no ice cream, only one restaurant, service in pool bar is so bad & huge waiting time
the only restaurant make excellent food with very good hospitality , they welcome you and smile everywhere, receptionists was excellent (fast check in time & Quality)
i didn't visit beach to judge, also i didn't have time to swim in the pool but it seems good
i recommend this Hotel strongly with Half-board basis .. you will find every thing good

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mostafa M
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your comment about the service in the pool bar and the all-inclusive policy will remain into consideration to see where improvements can be done and take the proper action towards it

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is our third time at this hotel and I must say it just gets better. The staff are absolutely superb (too many to mention individually). Right from the cleaner to the management everyone here cannot do enough for you. Since our last visit the food has improved considerably. There is a wide choice and a different theme every night and the pool bar food is especially good (special mention for Chica Bella)! The Italian resturant has also improved considerably. If you are thinking of booking this hotel do not hesitate you will not be disappointed. The pool area and gardens are lovely and the rooms are just fab. The entertainment could do with some improvement especially during the day although the animation team do try hard (especially Natalie), but if you just want to chill then it's fine. I can not understand some of the negative comments made on previous reviews, I think some people just like to moan regardless. The only negative I found was the quality of the all inclusive white wine (management it is dire)! Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning shortly. Keep up the good work guys, you're doing great!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ellanbob

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that it is your third time at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula and you have enjoyed your stay

Happy to know that you noticed that the food has improved as we take our valuable guests’ comments into consideration to work on it and deliver best quality of service to you

Your comment about the quality of the all-inclusive white wine will remain into consideration

Your praises for the various team members will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Waiting for your next visit

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This beautiful resort is the newest of three Jolie Ville's in Sharm El Sheikh, The presentation of the resort is immaculate all staff are friendly and excell to ensure your stay is first class. The restaurants on the resort comprise of a main dining area an Italian restaurant and a Thai. We ate in the Thai restaurant on two occasions after the first visit blew us away the food and level of service was amazing. I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Sharm in the near future and as i write this review im looking to book again for next year...Love it !!!

Room Tip: Two choices i noticed a superior room as we stayed in or an executive room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family