“Great value and good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Great value and good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights during a scuba diving trip.

The room and bathroom were nice and very spacious. No significant issues or complaints.

Breakfast was reasonably good, but other 5* hotels I've stayed at were better - the choice of fruit was quite limited.

Location was good for us, 5 mins away from Nama Bay (20 LE for taxi - don't pay more) and quite close to sharks bay where we did our PADI OW course

Not the best 5* I've stayed at but for the price I paid, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Khaled Ahmed, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

rooms are nice and have a lot of space, the bar staff are good and friendly , the food is ok but could be a little better, and the entertainment in the day is really good with the animation team, there are lots of activities, good atmosphere. Maddy, Misho and Ola made my stay so enjoyable I'm already planning my next visit. They really put in the effort to make us have a great time.. Thanks guys.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Your praises for the animation team will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

What an amazing two weeks stay at this hotel, loved every minute of my stay. The animation team were superb always delightful and talkative, do have a good laugh with them. Great credit to Olya, Nataly, ahmed and Maddy. The staff were extremely polite and entertaining, the food was amazing and never failed to please. THANK YOU ROYAL PENINSULA :D

Jack Jones

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JackJonesGTFC
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had an amazing two weeks at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially the animation team will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hi, we are Eric & Lisa, we stayed here 2 years ago,
We have just returned (this week ) from our second visit, it was even better than the first time!

we have stayed in some of the best Hotels in the world,we have also stayed in some of the cheapest hotels in the world,
For one that is in between, we do like this hotel a lot!,

Do stay here if you want polite staff (not too over the top), great service,

I will list the positives, and then I will list the very TINY negatives.

POSITIVES

Polite /preffessional, friendly staff, very helpful at all times.
superb location, great for snorkeling
Huge bedrooms and grounds, the grounds are getting better all the time due to a constant planting and landscaping scheme. this is working very well.
Peace and quiet, bars etc not too loud (this is great for us)
The best snorkelling/diving Ive ever had in my life !
Very pretty beach jetties and areas near the sea
Constant supply of drinkable coffee (we liked this)
The best supply of bread products I have ever tasted (Even better than the bellagio in Vegas)!
The best pool Ive ever swam in in my life (and Ive stayed at almost every hotel in vegas).
Nightime entertainment is sedate and relaxed (perfect)
Fantastic lunchtime snack served at beach are very very good, and served by amazing staff .

Now for the TINY NEGATIVES
On our last day they take your all inclusive away by lunchtime, which is a bit naughty (and cruel) for people who are not flying home until late at night, it means you are stuck in a resort without being able to eat/drink in hot weather, tut tut this is VERY bad, and bad too considering that you miss your first days all inclusive when you first arrive late on DAY ONE, I think they should balance this up by allowing you to enjoy your all inclusive on you last day right up until you leave!

I cant think of any other bad things to say about this Hotel, Other than rock hard beds and pillows (something I will have to get used to).

Everything else was perfect, I loved this place this second time, it just seems to get better and better,

So thank you to ALL the charming staff for looking after us so well, we want to return, and we really appreciate your beautiful country and wonderful people,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sidandnancy12
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, Pleased to know that it was your second visit and it was better

Pleased by your comment as it keep us doing our best to satisfy our valuable guest(s)

Your comment about the last day taking your all inclusive by the lunch time will be discussed internally to take the proper decision towards it

Your thank you and praises for the various team members will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Waiting for your third visit

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a great holiday in this hotel..near the important places and beach and set in large and beautiful grounds. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are attentive and very helpful and mix a mean cocktail! The animation team very entertaining - thanks especially to Maddy and Misho. The food is also good. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a great holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 7 nights, from Saturday 29th September to Saturday 6th October, all inclusive on a recent trip to Sharm and the sole purpose of the trip was really to do nothing and have a relaxing week and we definitely got it here. As an aside, my friend and I have both worked in hotels and the travel industry so we can be a little picky.

I’ll break the review down into specific sections.

CHECK IN / CHECK OUT

Check in and check out were exceptionally simple and with no problems. We were issued with our all inclusive wrist band on arrival and given an information sheet on what was and wasn’t included, which was really helpful. We arranged a late check out of 7pm (our flight was at 9.20pm) for a cost of LE425 (approx £42.50) and it was well worth it. It gave us another full day at the pool and allowed us to get ready leisurely before grabbing our last bite of the buffet and calling for a golf cart to come and get us and our luggage. We called reception the day before and they authorised it once they checked availability. But we did notice that housekeeping were at our room as we were leaving so I presume the room was being used for new guests that night.

ROOM

We booked a standard twin room and it was massive. We were in 5811 and loved it’s location near to the pool and the buffet restaurant. We loved the size of the room - with 2 double beds, 2 bedside cabinets, a desk, cupboard that hosted the fridge inside and the tv on top, plus a table and 2 chairs there was still plenty of space within the main bedroom area. It then went through to a separate dressing area with 2 big wardrobes (1 with the safe inside) just before you got to the bathroom, which again was oversized. There were 2 sinks with plenty of surface space around them for 2 lots of toiletries, a bath with shower overhead and a separate shower cubicle that was big enough for 4 people and the toilet was sort of hidden behind a jut of wall.

We were really impressed by the number of lights in the room and that they could all be switched on and off independently (I hate dark hotel rooms) and also the number of mirrors. There were 4 within the bedroom/dressing area and then a large one in the bathroom. Not that we’re vain, but it was nice to have!

We never had any issues with housekeeping, they were always in early in and the room was spotless. We received our 2 fresh bottles of mineral water everyday in our fridge and our toiletries were re-stocked as needed.

FOOD & DRINK

We arrived in the evening on our first night but when we got to our room at 10pm we were delighted to find out that the buffet was open until 10.30pm and we still had time to make it for some food! Our first impression of the buffet was good, there was a wide selection of items and what we had on that first night was nice. Given some of the reviews on this forum I was worried about the standard of the buffet but we were pleasantly surprised and this lasted throughout our stay.

The breakfast buffet was always quite busy but we never saw them run out of anything. As always they had a large selection of breads (that were always SO soft!), fruits, yogurts, pastries and then a chef on the egg station where you could get omelets, scrambled eggs and fried eggs. They also made pancakes here, which were delicious! Then there was the cooked section with boiled eggs, baked tomatoes, chicken/beef sausages etc. Coffee and juice machines were set up for breakfast service as well.

Lunch wasn’t as busy as people chose to eat at different times and a lot of people would be at the beach/on excursions during the day. The selection of food was also excellent, including the bread section, an large salad section of make your own and also pre-made salads (pasta, potato, coleslaw etc) and then there was always a chef on the pasta station plus hot food (potatoes/chips, chicken, burgers, fish, vegetables, soup) then a sandwich counter where a chef would make up baguettes for you (why I only tried this on our last day I don’t know - it was so good!) and then of course the extensive dessert section!

Dinner was similar to lunch although with more choice, and normally to a theme (Indian, Asian, Oriental, Seafood etc).

I’m sure I’ve missed some of the hundreds of items that were available but for some other reviews to say it was repetitive and tasteless is beyond me. But each to their own. We never had a problem finding a table at the buffet, we always waited until one of the waiters would point us to a table instead of just sitting down somewhere and then getting annoyed that the waiter hasn’t spotted you (which we saw some people do)! The service was also excellent every time we visited.

We also used our voucher for dinner at the Italian. The menu you can choose from for this is a shortened version of the a la carte menu but still had a good variety. Despite the variety my friend and I ended up both having the caprese salad and then the mushroom pizza. Both were excellent and we particularly liked the bread selection you get to begin with. I then had the chocolate mousse for dessert and my friend had the fruit salad. The restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere and was fairly quiet but the food was good and the service was efficient. And given that it was included, we weren’t going to pass it up!

We used the pool bar everyday we were there for drinks, although never ate lunch there (we preferred the air con of the buffet restaurant) and we always found the service to be good. The glasses you were served your drink in did vary between proper glasses, hard plastic glasses and soft plastic cups. It never really bothered us either way, as long as the drink was cold and wet!

We also had drinks in the Panorama Bar most nights. The service was normally quick, although some nights when people were gathering for the evening entertainment it could get a little slow but nothing like we’re used to at home on a Friday night, and the drinks were fine. Although the first night we were there they had run out of vodka?! Other than that slight glitch it was a nice place to have a few drinks before/after dinner and depending on how we were feeling we would take in the evening entertainment. Although none of the entertainment we saw blew us away it was something to pass the time.

POOL

As I’m sure you’ll have read/seen the pool is very large so we were expecting that but what I liked most was that there were so many different areas that had different vibes. Around by the kids pool it was a little bit louder and busier, or by the jets there were a lot of people sitting on the waters edge reading while the island in the middle by the pool bar was always busy with people walking back and forth. We found a great little spot of beds between the pool bar and the panorama bar that meant you couldn’t really see anyone else and was pretty quiet. It was perfect for us and our remit of wanting to relax.

There were staff walking around the pool talking to you about the spa or the Thai restaurant or the animation team trying to get you to join the aqua aerobics but they were all friendly and once they knew you weren’t interested they would leave you alone and just give you a friendly ‘hi’ as they passed.

We had no problem getting a bed for the first 5 days of our visit but on the last 2, the hotel did become visibly busier (possibly due to half term?) and we saw people struggling to get beds. But overall there was very little problems with this and the pool staff were great at finding people a spot if it was busy.

SPA

My friend went for a half hour massage after the guy from the spa gave her a taster massage as we were sunbathing. I would have found that a little bit intrusive but she enjoyed it and it convinced her to book in for a massage, which she’d been thinking about doing anyway. It was LE250 (approx £25) for a half hour back, neck and shoulder and she said it was excellent. Her female Thai masseuse was great and the atmosphere in the spa was lovely - is what she said.

LOCATION

We liked the location of the hotel - 5/10 minutes from the airport and 5/10 minutes from Naama Bay. Had we gone to Soho Square, it would have been about 5 minutes also. The planes flying overhead didn’t bother us one bit and were quite interesting to watch coming in - & no, I’m not a plane spotter! Once you were in the hotel complex it was exceptionally peaceful and we liked that as a contrast to the craziness of Naama Bay!

OTHER

We didn’t visit the beach or the Thai restaurant (even though you get LE350 (approx £3.50) per person credit for here if you’re on all inclusive it wasn’t enough to entice us, in fact why bother even giving so little?!) so can’t comment on these. We also didn’t do any excursions - like I said, we wanted to do nothing!

When we used concierge to get us a taxi into Naama Bay on 2 different occasions the taxi was right outside the door and cost LE45 (approx £4.50)

We went into the shops one day and bought a pack of playing cards and my friend bought some suntan lotion (how she forgot I don’t know!) and both were prices you’d expect to pay in a hotel shop. But for such a small area and number of shops (4/5 I think) they did have quite a good selection of items (clothing, souvenirs, snacks, a pharmacy, pool lilos etc).

All the staff we encountered were friendly and very helpful. On the first day I actually passed out from the heat (it was my own fault for lying out in 40 degree heat for 3 and a half hours, having come from only 8 degrees just the day before) as we were going into the buffet for lunch on the first day and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. They also insisted that we had room service (which isn’t included in the All Inclusive package), which we would have done if my friend could have remembered our room number! But it was a really nice offer and instead they cling filmed a couple the plates of food my friend had picked up to bring back to the room for me. They also got one of the buggies to take me back to the room right after it happened and were wanting to call a doctor for me, but I knew I just needed some shade and to re-hydrate!

SUMMARY

This has ended up much longer than I planned - sorry - but I just wanted to give the whole picture. But in summary, don’t go here on All Inclusive expecting the luxury, 24 hour all inclusives you may have experienced in places like Mexico - it’s not that. Equally, it’s not as bad as people make out, in fact it’s not bad at all. All inclusive is still quite new in Egypt and they are getting better with it. Don’t expect to be able to walk anywhere from the hotel either, you will need to take taxis but they’re not that expensive.

This was the perfect place for a week of doing nothing and relaxation that my friend and I were looking for and we would both recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We were in 5811 and it was really near the pool and the restaurant which was perfect for us. But non...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your analytical review, pleased to know that you had an excellent week at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your comment made us keep doing our best to satisfy our valuable guest(s) especially when knowing that you are worked on hotels and travel industry

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed aug for family hol,three girls,13,16,17,had conectting rooms,where spacious,comfy
& excellent air con. taxis into old sharm/namma bay didnt break the bank. Stayed AI & nobody starved althought food could of been better. All staff were lovely especialy the young pool bar waiter think his name Mamoud, My daughter spent many hours in beauty saloon,as it was her 16th birthday whilst there,so had nails,toes painted,hair cut, highlighted restyled,not too mention the henna tattoos.A very relaxing holiday

Room Tip: rooms near the resturant/bar are good in peak heat ,or you have a really good walk back to room in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a very relaxing holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff especially Mohamed will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again