Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #76 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London UK
“Super Hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This is a super hotel and the rooms are very good, where do these other people go as to complain about this place ? The staff are superb and we had no problem with the food, as did the 12 friends we made there. There is a Great choice of food, and the grounds are fantastic. The pool is enormous and spotless.
Our Bar and restaurant staff went out of their way to help us and Nothing was to much trouble. This is 5 star and I want to go back there this year. I went to their other hotel up the road where Mrs. Clinton stayed and I can not see them putting her in a 'Bad Hotel' The people who complain are not on the same planet as us normal people. I have done five star all over the world for 40 years,so dont listen to the nuts who complain on here.
Best wishes to all the staff from Mr.Barry and Gillian from London

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MrBarry
Menno_De_Boer, Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words, and very pleased to know you enjoyed so much and found the staff superb.

Waiting for your next visit.

Khaled Ahmed, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

enjoyed our stay beautiful grounds spotless rooms huge pool food good but could be better staff very polite and helpful will definately return

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debs780
Thank you for submitting a Tripadvisor review and great to know you enjoyed your stay.

Your comments regarding the food will be into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We arrived to be pleasantly surprised. Great grounds and lovely huge room. Had a mini bar with one bottle of water. As we had arrived in time for dinner we went to the restaurant. All ok. Unfortunately the food and drink stayed basically the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very poor. The entertainment also repeated itself. Belly dancer 3 times and African dancers twice. Not bad for 7 days. Some staff couldn't be bothered with serving. No one came and gave drinks out around the pool during the day. There was a system to move a cover that was around the umbrella up but no one took any notice. We had to sign for drinks at times as they needed to do quality control! 2 bars within the resort were not all inclusive and a Thai restaurant wasn't either though you were given about £4 each towards your meal. The Italian restaurant you can only visit once a week. There is a bus to take you down to the beach. This changed to once every hour and if you got down there early you couldn't order any water or drinks until 11 o'clock. This was totally out of order as it was so hot. This resort could easily be changed for the better but as it was under occupancy there was signs of cut backs. Shame really as we wouldn't recommend anyone to go to the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Russ26
Menno_De_Boer, Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you for leaving your Trip advisor comments and we regret you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have.

Your review has been discussed internally and the team management will evaluate their product standards to see where improvements can be made, we will certainly look into your observation regarding time of All- inclusive and entertainment program.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

My apologies if in your case we didn’t get it right and perhaps you’d like to give us another chance on a future occasion.

Please let me know should you decide to return and take us up on our offer.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My first time in Sharm, I was very apprehensive. Resort is spacious well designed and laid out with lots of room. However the area is very quite at the moment. Allaa looked after our room and was very helpful. We were a group of 4 friends 2 ladies, my son and his friend in their 20s. I read one review about the mosquitos, well its a hot country! take a special plug for your room, get it at the airport. Purchase the local repellent OFF, we did have some boots spray and it was ok. One recommendation to the hotel Managers is that they should replace two bottles of water in the fridge each day. We only had 1 small bottle on arrival, not enough for 2 adults, one had to keep asking for water. We did purchase a few large bottles when we went into Nama.

The pool and outlook was picturesque. The all inclusive is ok you wont starve. However I am not a buffett person, I like ordering my food to be cooked, I am not keen on food being kept hot in containers. However breakfast was fine, plenty of fruit, yoghurts, eggs on order and lots of speciality breads with cheeses.

We found the staff helpful and friendly. A special thankyou to Mohammad and Hussein for organising the birthday cake for my son and arranging the waiters to sing many choruses of "Happy Birthday" A fun morning. We all used the spa which is fantastic, Ahmed was very professional, a relaxing session which is what we all wanted from the holiday.

The Italian restaurant was enjoyable. We used the shutttle bus to the beach on several occasions as I am a snorkler and found the reef fantastic. The layout of the beach is very good with Jettys into the sea for easy access to the reef. However the AI beach bar is awful, dont bother if you enjoy your food. The staff are not that friendly either. We arrived on our last day at 9.40am and requested 2 bottles of water, we were informed that they did not open until 10.00am. Turn left when you arrive at the beach and use the beach restaurant, it is not all inclusive, however I would rather pay and have a decent meal. The starters are huge and will suffice as a main meal, the Malaysian squid was delicious. £5.00. All good value. I do think people forget that even though you may have to pay for these meals they are very good value.

I have never been to an AI before, the drinks I found were fine, the pool bar was ok? However, we had some very good meals out of the resort. We were recommended So Ho square and I would recommend the Saffron restaurant, excellent meal.

Nama Bay is ok if you want a lively night out, the boys enjoyed and stayed later. There are several very good restaurants.

3 of us did get tummy bugs, howver I can not say where this was picked up. A pain as we lost a day, just bad luck. We all enjoyed our stay and I would go back. We also didn't mind watching the planes coming in and out of Nama.

I enjoy diving, I would recommend Red Sea elite. Alan the Welsh Proprietor works out of Coral Bay hotel Nama, recommended by a friend of a friend. A fantastic day and amazing dives. [--]

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank moniO12
London
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We recently spent a week at the Royal Peninsular. A beautiful hotel, which is very well designed (who was the architect?). The grounds, gardens and pool area are spacious, as are the rooms.

The Room: We were very happy with our room, which had two double beds, 2 sinks, toilet, bidet and a large bath. We were a bit disappointed that we didn’t get the extra touch of animals made from towels, petals on the pillows etc. as on our last visit to Sharm. The room was serviced every day by Mahmal, who did us proud. It would have been nice to have an iron in the room. I am sure one would have been provided, however, if we had asked. For the people that are complaining about mosquitoes at night, buy yourself a mosi plug at the airport – what do you expect when you go abroad – this is not the fault of the hotel!

The pool: As above, a well designed large area with ample sunbeds. I am not a fan of music whilst sunbathing/relaxing, but this was provided at certain times of the day, together with water aerobics etc. The sun beds made an awful screeching noise when being moved.

The staff: The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. Even the morning when I asked for change in the restaurant and they couldn’t help, a call was put in to reception and it was brought to me by a buggy that was dropping someone off at the restaurant.

Special thanks go to Mohammed and the Restaurant Manager who made a birthday celebration very special by getting all the waiters to come out in procession with a birthday cake (courtesy of the hotel) at breakfast. The singing and clapping was fabulous.

The Spa: This was also beautiful, again very well designed and very relaxing. Make sure you treat yourself.

The Food and Drinks: We were on all inclusive, which we had never tried before, but as we were going to a 5 star we thought we would give it a try. The breakfast was very good, lots of fresh fruit, breads etc and eggs cooked for you by a Chef with a brilliant memory and a friendly disposition.

Lunch – we did not try the restaurant for lunch. The pool bar was good, with limited choice for all inclusive. We paid extra a couple of times and ate off the other menu.

The beach bar – this is a different kettle of fish and seemed alien to the hotel. The staff were very rude, the tables were dirty, the toilets were dirty and often had no toilet roll/hand towels. The all inclusive food was an insult with the menu offering a small bowl of basic pasta or a panini – I had a brie and tomato panini, which had a couple of very thin slices of some sort of cheese (not brie) and one slice of tomato. When you get your towel, turn right before going down the steps (a great tip from a previous review) and you will find a small restaurant, which is much better for lunch and very reasonable – just have a starter. Ladies – make sure you make a visit to the loo :o)

Dinner – This was buffet style, which we did not like. In my opinion it would be better to offer a table d’hote menu, so that food isn’t sitting around for long periods, especially the hot food . A salad bar could still be offered and it would save wastage/reuse. We were given a voucher to eat in Al Forno one evening, but were disappointed to find that, again, it was a different menu. We enjoyed the food however and we were served by Mohammed, who was wonderful as usual.

Drinks on all inclusive were local, the beer was nice and the wine in the restaurant was fine. In the restaurant it seemed as if the waiters were told to be a bit frugal with the drinks. Our poor waiter got a right telling off one evening when my friend asked for a spritzer and the boss thought he had given her a large glass of wine. I suppose some people abuse all inclusive, but we certainly didn’t.

We spent an evening in Soho Square and would recommend it. None of the hassling you get in Naama Bay and more upmarket. We ate in the Middle Eastern Restaurant ( I think it was called Saffron) and the food was lovely . We ordered lots of starters so we could try different dishes – we weren’t expecting the portions to be quite so big though!

I think the Royal Peninsular is very well managed and would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comment and great to see you enjoyed yourselves.

Your review has been discussed internally and the team management will evaluate their product standards to see where improvements can be made.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The hotel itself, the rooms & the pool are without a doubt the best I've seen. It's such a shame that the hotel is let down by the incredibly slow & sometimes bar/ restaurant staff. The so called 'all inclusive' package was a bit of a joke as well. They should really call it 'some inclusive' as 70% of the food on the menu & drinks were chargeable. there is also no food available for snacks during the day or at night after the restaurant closes. In my opinion this hotel would be fantastic if they made the all inclusive 24hr and ALL inclusive!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lew707

Your review has been discussed internally and the F&B management will evaluate their product standards to see where improvements can be made. We will certainly look into your observation regarding time of All inclusive to make a new program with 24 hours All inclusive.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future .

Please let me know should you decide to return and take us up on our offer.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on all inclusive basis recently and were disappointed with a lot of things throughout our stay. The rooms were spacious and on first impressions seemed really good but on the 1st day we had a nasty smell coming from the bathroom and one of the basins wouldn't empty so wehad to call for assistance. Someone came out to sort it, we had to wait in the room for them and it was a blocked drain. There were a lot of mosquitoes in the room at night and my husband got awful bites all over him and he suffered all week. The food in the restaurant was very repetitive and because the air-con was on so high it was usually cold by the time you sat down to eat it. The food was more like 2 star quality. My 5 year old son had spaghetti most evenings because there was no choice for children. Throughout our stay we were asked to sign for drinks and meals and when we checked out we were charged for drinks and playing pool for 1/2 a hour one evening, which we had already paid for. When we told the reception guy this he made several phone calls checking up and it took hime about 1/2 an hour to confirm we were telling the truth. A lot of the staff were unhelpful and unfriendly, especially at the pool bar. I went to get ice cream ( 2 small scoops in a plastic cup) for my son and husband and was told I could only have one because I only had one child. Thats how petty they were!!
The choice of lunches at the beach bar were a joke (a salad or a panini) and the staff there were very rude and treated you like second class citizens.
The evening entertainment was terrible, a belly dancer on 3 times in 10 days and the rest of the time karaoke. you could wait up to 15 mins at the bar for a drink because they had no organisation and would just serve who they felt like, sometimes people who had just walked up to the bar which could be very frustrating.
I have been to all-inclusive hotels many times over the years and have to say that this was by far the worst.
Be warned..... a lot of things within this hotel are not included in the all inclusive and you will be charged when you check out!!
The only positive thing about the hotel is the pool and the gardens which were lovely.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel if you want a fun holiday