“Holiday Village Red Sea”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Firstly I must point out that the Holiday Village Red Sea is a completely different complex than the Coral Sea Holiday Village although both are branded Coral Sea Holiday Village, which seems to quite confusing on this site as they appear as they are the same place, they are not !

We have just returned from a week at the Holiday Village Red Sea and had a fantastic time, we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a swim up room in block 7 which was brilliant and has really spoil us. The room was cleaned and towels changed every day and the cleaner was really good.

Check in was quite fast and after check in we were taken with our luggage to our room on a golf buggy, we had to chase the driver / attendant to give him a tip, so much for them expecting a tip.

The complex is kept really clean and the gardeners and cleaners work late into the night keeping the place clean and tidy.

The entertainment is ok but nothing special but the First Choice Reps do there best.

The food in the main restaurant and the 3 al la carte restaurants was good and we couldn’t complain about any of them, there was even beef wellington on at the main restaurant one night, non of us had the “sharms” at all.

As for creepy crawlies all we saw was ants, small lizards and mosquitoes, well didn't actually see the mosquitoes but certainly felt them after they bit us.

We did the “Red Sea Cruise” which was good but not really advisable unless your quite a strong swimmer and snorkeler, maybe the “Glass Bottom Boat or the “Semi Submarine” would be better, but to see the coral reefs and fish is a MUST, we also did the “Sinai By Night” which was a good afternoon / evening out to see an insight into how the Bedouins live and to see the stars at night with no light pollution was amazing.

You will get hassled if you go outside the complex, so be aware of this and prepare for it.

On your return journey, Sharm el Sheikh airport is a nightmare, upon entering the terminal you have to scan your bags and yourself, then you go to check in, then your given a card to fill in before you go through passport control, then you have to go through yet another scan before you get into the departure lounge.

But all in all a very highly recommended holiday and hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BillBarrett
Write a ReviewReviews (6,379)

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I travelled with my 2 kids aged 9 and 16, 21st - 28th September, I think we got fantastic value for money at £1,444.

Upon arrival - fast check in, asked if I wanted to upgrade, I said I didn't really have the money but asked how much it would be anyway (I had rang First Choice a couple of weeks before to ask for a swim up room and they wanted £490 extra to upgrade for the week!) and he just came back with a key and said 'nice surprise for you, you'll see'. We were taken on a buggy with the cases to the room, it was a swim up room, upgraded for free, it was fantastic.

There are plenty of pools, we didn't use the main pool so much as it was busier around that one and we preferred to be by the activity pool and kids pool, a couple of days we used the swim up which was lovely and mostly just us using it.

The beach is nice but not really sand so it's not so nice to walk on but you can get beach shoes there, the water is shallow for so far out so great for kids, also if you go in off the jetty you can see the fish under it by the steps, nice for snorkling.

There is a bedouin tent on the beach where you can have a go on the shisha pipe and have a drink, it's nice and relaxing. There's also the camels on the beach which you can pay to ride, think it was about £5.

My youngest did water walking (free), canoeing (free), snorkling (free), zip wire (£3), archery (free), and a couple of nights in the kids club, he had a really good time. My eldest enjoyed the some of the evening entertainment, particularly Martyn James.

The staff all work extremely hard, cleaning, gardening, bar work, waiting on, cooking, keeping the amphitheatre tidy throughout the evening entertainment, they don't seem to go home! All nice, friendly people.

Food - there was plenty to choose from and always hot. We didn't get round to trying the other restaurants so can't comment.

We went for a walk outside of the hotel at night to the shops, it was fine, I was on my own with the kids and felt perfectly safe. You don't have to cover your arms etc, that's only if you visit a mosque.

We did the pyramids coach trip which is very tiring as it's a few hours each way but it had to be done, I didn't book this through First Choice, I booked through Sharm Excursions which was £100 for the 3 of us, included the museum, lunch on the Nile, pyramids and perfume and papyrus visit. I realy enjoyed the boat on the Nile the most out of that day.

Be careful at the pyramids, don't get your purse/wallet out for anything, don't accept any 'free' gifts, don't give them your camera to take a photo, just say 'no thank you' to everything and if you're with kids keep hold of them. Don't be put off going, just be cautious. Again, you don't need to cover up for the pyramids unless your trip includes a visit to a mosque.

We also did the sunset quad biking through them which was £40 but saved £10 by booking both trips. The quad biking was the best part of the holiday for all of us, we loved it. You can ask the hotel for a carry out for trips.

I bought a papyrus picture from Mohamed at the hotel, I really wanted it but didn't have a lot of money to spend so we came to a good price, I am made up with it.

The room was cleaned daily and all my things on the dressing table arranged, flowers on the bed etc. The mini bar is expensive, don't use it. Also, after midnight it's about £2.80 for a coke at the bar.

I didn't change any money before I went, I got by mostly with English but when I did change some I did it at the hotel reception 8EGP to 1GBP, better than here.

We had a great time here, only wish I'd booked more than a week, it went so fast!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Zoetoes
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Upon arrival our cases were taken to our room and although we arrived late in the night, the restaurant was kept open so that we could have something to eat. Nothing was too much trouble.

This holiday ticks all the right boxes from beginning to end. The housekeeper looked after our room and us very well. The room was huge, so much space and a huge balcony - loved it.

The hotel was spotless throughout and we were always able to make a meal at every sitting as there was a great deal of variety. The pool areas / toilets were always clean and smelling fresh unlike many other hotels we've visited.

Our group was made up of a baby, a teenager, two thirtysomethings and two sixty somethings and it was great for us all. We didn't have a stomach bug of any kind between us all.

The staff are very friendly and polite and make a great fuss of the children. The bar tenders think nothing of bringing your drinks to your table or pool bed, they are fantastic.

The only negative I can think of is that we have to go home - can't wait to come back next year and enjoy it all over again.

Well done to all at Holiday Village Red Sea. 5 Star Treatment!

3  Thank shesontheball
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I absoloutely loved this hotel and cannot wait to go back it has everything you need. We tok out 20month old daughter and she loved it all the slides and i5live with jezz, james, natalie and adele we also loved Russ too.....please bring ya pens right back.... hahaha!!
The food is lovely too, no upset stomachs atall, there is alot of fresh food mADE IN FRNT OS YOU like grilled sea bass fresh pasta dishes, fresh pizza, steak fajitas all kinds, and also loads of variety in the trays too.
Would definately reccomend. Also the rooms are HUGE and kept very very clean all the time and its so secure and safe in this hotel..

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I have just arrived home from the Holiday Village (First Choice) Coral Sea Resort there was six us all together 2 kids and 4 adults. The entertainment was great in the evening (Thanks Jezz and adele and all the other's I did'nt mention) and clubs were great too. I can not fault the staff could'nt be more helpful, especially el said and co in the Sports Bar and Mohammed upstairs. I did get a little cabin fever and a little bored just staying around the pool most days, it was just to hot to do anything the first week we arrived,but it seemed to cool off a bit towards the end of the holiday. We especially enjoyed the snorkling, do not attempt to walk along the azzure jetty they will turn you away, which is alot longer than our jetty and takes you right down to the reef!!. We went on the water park trip which we booked through First Choice, which was a load of rubbish and the water park was actually in a hotel and it cost £61.00, so we complained and we had our money back of the rep. Soho Square is a must in the evening where the Ice bar is and some nice shops and Bars. Food was good in all the restaurants in the hotel, but if you fancy a change just walk outside the hotel (Mcdonalds, TGI Fridays and the usual chain restaurants you get back home, nothing Egyptian. And I must mention the bar staff at the main pool were great and entertaining. But I must mention the Club which down on the beach was very noisy at night, because we were staying in Block six which was excellent near the pool and beach.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

It's been a week since we returned from our two weeks at the Holiday Village.
I would like thank all your staff for making such a good holiday. The food, especially the Al a Carte restaurants were excellent, and the swim up rooms were fantastic. All the staff were very friendly, our clearner did a great job.

We hope to return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Single mum & took my 7 year old daughter & 13 year old son. We had a fantasic time, felt safe in the complex & we all loved it. We had a swim up room & so glad we did, it costs more but the flexibility was great. Rooms & maids outstanding, infact all staff were great. Reps go out of their way to ensure everyone has fun. Went on a speedboat trip & snorkalling was out of this world, something we will never forget. We all want to return to this hotel & hope to do so 2011

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family