“Brill holiday more than we could of asked for”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #24 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
england
“Brill holiday more than we could of asked for”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We have just returned from spending Christmas at the holiday village. My husbnad was unsure about spending xmas abroad especially as they do not celebrate xmas there. Anyway what i can i say it was excellent.

ROOM
As we only booked last min we had to settle for a standard room, but that was more than sufficent, the room was large with a bed bigger than i have ever seen before. The mini bar does come stocked but is very expensive to use. They do supply you with 3 small bottles of water a day in your room which are free. The tv has more than enough english speaking channels and cartoon network, not that we spent much time watching the TV.

RESTAURANTS
The buffet restaurant was great there is such a large selection that you never get bored of the samefood twice. There are 3 gala restaurants, we did go to all of these and they were ok but in my opinion not as good as the buffet. There is also a seafood restaurant on the beach which you can use but we did not get chance to try it.

ENTERTAINMENT
The evening entertainment was ok, ideal for families the entertainment staff work very hard and peform so great shows. They did say they are leaving in Februaury so i am not sure what the entertainment will be like then. Be warned if you play bingo they get you to do a bingo dance first which is funny, the money you win is good aswell, i won 890 eqyptian pounds one night.

FACILITIES
There are plenty of pools, although as we went in December there was only one that was heated so everyone seemed to head for that one. There were plenty of beds around the pools though and the hotel also provide towels for you.

KIDS CLUBS
the kids clubs were great, the activites they offer for them are well thought out and all staff are british, they are very strict on safety which is reassuring.

FACILITIES

There is a lot of walking invloved to get from your room to different parts of the complex so if you are travelling with people that have mobility problemsi would suggest you request rooms close to the restaurant area.

the beach is lovely and there are plenty of beds to use there free of charge, there are also wind breakers which where great as the wind in Dec was cold and lying without the wind breaker was not plesent.

There are plenty of shops outside of the hotel and for the really fussy eaters there is a mcdonalds, kfc and burger outside aswell.

Myself and my son did get a tummy upset while we were there but my husband was fine and he is more adventurous with the food, so i think it is just pot luck if you are unwell. There is a pharmacy just outside the hotel so if you do suffer with an upset tummy, you can buy medication from there it cost me about £10 to buy stuff for myself and my son.

EXCURSIONS
I found that most of the excursions first choice had to offer were not really suitable for my 8yr old son. We did the seascope which was fun but in my opinion over priced. We booked quad biking with someone else as first choice woudl not allow under 16's to go, we got this £15 cheaper per head booking from a lady on the beach.

STAFF
All of the staff were fantastic, they really went out of there way to make you feel welcome. As it was xmas they tried so hard to give us an xmas experience. The hotel was decorated and they did xmas dinner. When we returned to our room on xmas eve night, they had put a little stocking and a chocolate santa on our beds which i though was a really nice touch.

They are currently building a marquee on teh beach for New years eve and theh entertainment they have lined up looks fantastic.

I woudl highly recommend the holiday village to all ages. I never go back to the same place twice and i am considering taking all of my family there in the summer.

Have a great holiday

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
7 Thank kazemporium

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Dorset, UK
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I and my family have visited Sharm on numerous occassions over the past few years, including 4 of the last 5 Xmas's. This was the first occassion where we went all inclusive and to be honest it will probably be the last. There was nothing much wrong with the food if roast beef, fried chicken, pizza etc is you bag. There was little in the way of egyptian, North African or middle eastern cuisine and I think that is a shame. That said, the bucket & spade brigade had few complaints and most of the kids seemed to enjoy the familiarity of the food. I personally would rathger visit some of the hundreds of good restaurants in Naama bay and old sharm. I was stunned that 90% of the clients at this hotel never set foot outside the gate of the hotel. I expect they will go home tellin their frinds that they went to egypt!!

Ok, a few positives. The room was excellent, I did pay an extra £300 for a superior room, it was woth the money. Many people paid extra for swim up rooms, a word of warning, most pools are not heated in Egypt and this means that you need a wet or drysuit to venture into the water. I'm sure those rooms would be great from May to October. But during qinter you are paying for something you will not use!

The grounds are very well kept by the army of staff and the whole complex is spotless.

Food is of a decent standard. I have no complaints about the quality, it just wasnt what we want to eat on Holiday. The food in the (inclusive) a la carte Restaurants was variable. We had superb meals in both Sari & Bamboo first time around but on the second occassion the food was p[oor in both. I'll assume the chef had the night off and the cleaner was cooking. The food in the main buffet was decent but lacked variety. We only eat there three or four times and only once for lunch so I wont say too much.

The entertainment deserves special mention. It was totally diabolical. Awful in the extreme, reminiscent of a 1950's Bognor Regis holiday camp. I understand the entertainment team are sacked come Feb, so it may be better when you go. My advise is to get on the bus or grab a cab outside the gate and head into Naama bay. Incidentally, you must haggle with the cabs. They will ask you for £100 (LE)egyptian ££ for a one way trip. You can get the return trip for £70LE if you haggle. That said if you idea of holiday fun is bingo and watching kids dip a biscuit in a cup of tea then this is the place for you.

A word of warning. First choice will try to take money off you for just about everything including many of the activities so the 'all inclusive' label is a bit of a misnomer.

Last point from me is that some of the clients at this resort leave a lot to be desired. There were a fair number of the beer for breakfast brigade present but the complex is big enough that you can avoid them easily. A small area of sub standard accomodation at the the hotel is let to russians and they are a whole new experience!!!

In summary, we had a great holiday, but it would not be our first choice. In future it will be back to better hotels closer to Naama bay for us.

• Liked — excellent quality rooms
  • Disliked — The beer for breakfast clientele
8 Thank onthetrain
Midlands
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We have just returned from 10 days at the Holiday Village Red Sea and it was fab. I'd read lots of reviews before we went and I wasn't sure what to expect but I can honestly say the whole experience for myself, my husband and 2 children was fantastatic. The hotel was spotless, the rooms were huge, the gardens were lovely. My children spent alot of time in the heated pool and I was grateful that we never had to look too far for a sunbed. The beach was beautiful and the sea was so clear you can see the fish swimming around your legs; beware of the sea urchins though. We went on lots of trips; if you're planning on visiting the pyrimids flying is the best option. Its an early start an a packed day but well worth it. Snorkelling in Ras Mohammed was enchanting, and yes we did see Nemo. We went swimming with Dolphins which was wonderful and on the Stars and Dinner trip in the desert; I've never seen so many stars! All of these trips were completely new experiences for me as I'm a bit of a scaredy cat doing these things was amzaing. The weather was alot hotter than I'd expected it to be for December so we've all come back with a tan aswell, bonus! So having been there myself my conclusion is the staff, the food, the location, the cleanliness are all 5 star, the only thing that is 4 star is, as my husband calls it, th fit and finish of the place, in other words, parts of it are alittle 'tatty' for 5 star; but please dont let that put you off its a fantastic place and I would love to go again.

• Liked — The size of the rooms; the overall quality; the friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The finish of the buildings could be better
8 Thank Jazzy1Midlands
England
Reviewed December 26, 2008

thoroughly enjoyed the resort and its facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was always clean and there was a varied variety of food. I have stayed in this hotel twice.
scuba diving fantastic and the massage was really relaxing and I am a bit of a scrooge with money but it was worth the price.

Stayed December 2008
5 Thank tashamount06
maesteg, south wals
Reviewed December 25, 2008

hi all, as a family of 4 adults and 3 children we found this holiday absolutly amazing nothing that we could complaain about.the hotel was spotless, staff so friendly and helpful and rooms were so spacious and clean. well the food,what can i say it was brill something for everyone unless your just one of those that cant be pleased. they make proper chip shopchips that would give most chip shops back home a run 4 their money. we got friendly with some of the staff 2 inparticular mahmoud from the towel area and azeez in the resteraunt, they made our holiday allthe more special. we also made some very goodfriends there too which we have kept in touch with. i miss it so much and cant wait to go back, oh did i mention we are off back 19/11/2009 so i cant wait now. all in all what a holiday for all ages our group was aged between 5 and 72 and allwere sorted. hope this review helps and if you go have a fab time we did.

• Liked — very spacious, clean and everyone very friendly
  • Disliked — no lifts
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank pleasedaspunch
uk
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Stayed at Red Sea Holiday Village 11th to 18th Dec, wish it had been longer! Last minute teletext deal. Fantastic Hotel, Staff very friendly and helpful. First Choice reps very good also. Standard room enormous,walk in wardrobe,7ft bed,large balcony, all kept spotless. Gardens absolutely gorgeous(gave us real pleasure every time we walked through them). Food in main restaurant a bit bland and repetitive(typical of most all inclusive hotels),however free visit to each of the three a la carte restaurants more than made up for any short comings, Bar b que night in main restaurant very good. All inclusive bars good includes wine, cocktails soft drinks hot drinks and water. Pools fine lots of sunbeds pool boys helpful, hotel supplies large swimming towels. Beach very good plenty of sunbeds. Cleanest and best behaved camels I've ever seen! Fish fantastic, unbelievable colours,which you can see just wearing swimming goggles. Egyptians very friendly people and seem to genuinely enjoy talking to us even if you're not interested in buying. Excellent hotel especially for families, although we are middle aged and still enjoyed it. If you want a relaxing enjoyable sunny holiday without hassle we would recommend both Red Sea Holiday Village and Sharm el Sheikh. Hope to return.

• Liked — the gardens
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Joy6Uk
SWANSEA
Reviewed December 21, 2008

Fantastic place

Swim up pool made it the best. Totally private for use of 12 rooms only. We never had more than 6 people in the pool at one time/

Service from all staff first class

Everywhere including beach was always spotless

We run a B & B in Wales and could not find fault

• Liked — SWIM UP POOL
  • Disliked — EVENING ENTERTAINMENT
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple