“Great place!”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #21 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March 2014 with me and my partner and another couple.we had a lovely week,just wish we could have stayed longer! We stayed in a swim up room which was well worth the money!water in the pool was chilly but nice to cool down in! Staff were brilliant,couldn't do enough for us. If you are nice with them they will look after you well. Fantastic holiday,would recommend to anyone!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naomi L
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault anything.
Fantastic service through out
We had a swim up room and it was well worth the money.
Great pools
Kids clubs and crèche where a brilliant service also
Place was spotless
Definitely be back for a return visit but will stick to march/April time because it can get very hot.
My views have been totally changed on going to Egypt now.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Visited Egypt for the first time in March 2014 for 10 days all inclusive with 3 of my best friends all age 21-23 years old.

We had 2 rainy days however this was just our luck as the country only has rain something silly like 10 days out of the whole year!! It must be said although some peoples rooms were flooded the staff at the hotel and the first choice reps were brilliant took it in their stride.

It is quite a family hotel however it take us long to find the PARTY - the adult entertainment thats held down by the beach was brilliant and the MC hilarious and again the staff amazing - our favorite waiter Mostafa by the 2nd day knew our drink order and soon as he saw us would bring us 4 vodka oranges!

The entertainment crew was probably the best part consisting of the talented Sophie, Charlotte, Andrew and of course my fav the fabulous Allan. These 4 made our holiday such a funny warm lovely group of people who welcome you instantly.

Have to mention also Nikita and Marco - who run the water sports on the beach they come round to your sunbeds offering you water sports at reasonable prices - but on top of that they are so friendly and very funny full of banter.

We did so much would definitely recommend Maximus Haron at Falcon Adventures for all your quad biking and adventure trips he was again funny friendly and reasonable with his prices Falcon Adventures is located just left of the holiday village down by the shops. Im sure if you mention Adam and his girls he will give you a good price.

We did Scuba diving and snorkeling trip too and was one of the best experiences of my life the staff were so lovely and made sure we were comfortable and safe.

Lastly have to mention the great service we got from our room cleaner we all shared a room and were all quite messy - Islam or izzy as we called him joked with us and did a great job with our room every day.

The al a cart menus also amazing i didn't like the Indian restaurant too much not great lover of spices, but the service was great also would defiantly recommend the stone grill on the beach this doesn't come in the all inclusive but its very cheap for a great experience.

I also did a camel ride on the beach and the shisha on the beach again with another man named Mostafa who was lovely too you get free wifi there but just have to buy a coke or something.

Lastly the hard rock cafe outside the hotel - brilliant club/nightlife girls went free basically every night and free drinks for ladies.

All in all did not want to come home!! Would definitely go again in a heart beat.

Sophie aka Stace

Room Tip: Be open to meeting new people and check out the entertainment team. Scuba diving, camel riding and H...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and that it was the best holiday ever. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Yorkshire
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here from 21st - 28th April. We were told we would be in block 7, however they put us in block 13. No major issues as the block we was in was quiet, had sun (until 4pm) and was still a 'Swim Up' room. The room itself was really nice. It was clean and modern. Getting around the Holiday Village was a bit confusing to begin with. The map the hotel provided was tiny and didn't explain where everything was. We worked it our after a few days, but trying to find the main restaurant and bars on our first day was difficult (and it doesn't help that there is only a couple of large maps in the entire place - which you have to find, in order to find out where you are!)
The bars were basic.. The 'Sports Bar' (when we found it) has potential, but is just a large dark room with a lot of chairs, pool table and a couple of TVs playing football (not English)
The Holiday Village looks good and is clean. The gardeners work hard to make the place look neat and tidy. It's a lovely place to walk around.
There was renovation work taking place. We were pre-warned about this and to be honest, it didn't bother us at all. From our Swim Up room, we hardly noticed it.
We were also warned there was 'disruption' to the adults evening entertainment (due to the building work?) We were more concerned about this as we chose this hotel over others as the entertainment was supposed to be better. The entertainment was the worst we've seen. Through-out the holiday, we were not sure what was on at what time. The first night was a quiz. Both the quiz (and the guy hosting the quiz) were pretty lame. Then an audience participation game, the a man 'who could read minds'. Neither was good. A couple of nights later, we went to the 'Amphitheatre' again. .. After 30 mins, we realised nothing was on at all! So we went to the children's entertainment. There we were pleasantly surprised. The First choice team working to put on a show for the children were energetic, fun, happy and the children seemed to love it. After the children's entertainment finished one evening, we went to the see the adults entertainment and watched the same singer sing the same set again (he was good though) The final evening, we played bingo, bought from the guy who normally hosts the adults quiz. He looked as happy and enthusiastic as I'll be when I go back to work. The bingo was expensive and they charged for the pens (thanks First Choice!) The children will love the evening entertainment. If you do not have children, the evenings will be very dull.
Ok, the beer was nice. The wine was terrible and the spirits are rough (unless you want to pay £7 for a decent one that doesn't disintegrate your liver after two drinks)
Tipping helps. We tipped lots. The waiter serving us from our Swim Up room often popped by. One day we went out, and came back to two beers waiting outside our room.
Not sure about the First Choice Excursions. We followed recommendations and went with Falcon Adventures - a short walk to the right of the hotel as you leave it. I'm going to review them separately, but they were amazing. I cannot recommend them enough. I recommend the 5 in 1 Super Safari! They are much cheaper than First Choice too. We also loaned from them a WiFi box for the week (£20 and £40 deposit which you get back) Very nice people who work there(and not pushy)
SOME of the staff who work in the shops inside the hotel ARE pushy. No prices on anything. You can't just be left alone to browse. I found this disappointing. Even when we were just walking by the shop, they tried to get us to go in and buy!
I agree with the other comments - the main restaurant is canteen-like. We went to the other restaurant nearer the bottom of the village (which doubles up as the Mediterranean restaurant in the evening) for our breakfast and lunch. There is a good selection of food, but none of it's amazing. The Village Diner (A-La-Carte) food was very nice though. The Mediterranean food was not!
I got poorly - tummy bug. I don't have a strong tummy though so I'm 100% in saying it was nothing I got from the hotel. I felt most poorly on my birthday. Just as well the hotel didn't bring me the birthday cake my boyfriend had secretly organised and asked for - 5 times. He told me the following day.
The holiday was good because of the Falcon Adventure excursions. Otherwise, it was average at best. We would not stay at this hotel again. It's good for families with small children, but this really wasn't for us.

Room Tip: Go for a Swim Up room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gilly1981
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mirfield west yorks
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Please don't be put of going to Egypt as you really do feel safe.
Fab hotel First choice reps are amazing our teens 16 & 14 had a ball lot of activities all day long.
Swim up room gorgeous room ( was amazed to hear another family had rejected this room as it was our again )well looked after by cleaner.
Drinks brought to us on hourly basis from the quiet pool by lovely Ala and his colleague always with a smile . They don't expect a tip but as they are on a poor wage and appreciate everything we took lots of pound coins as all inclusive doesn't include tips !!
Fantastic 6 extra all inclusive restaurants we went to them all and were very impressed the kids loved the food too superb service.
Look out for Nikita at Aquarius Sea club he organised a diving day and I cant say how amazing the day was. Even if you don't dive it is gorgeous. He also arranged a crazy hour doing banana ringos etc for the whole family. A photographer was around and we have the best photos .
Had excellent massage at the spa.
We drank amazing cocktails every night outside next to the indoor entertainment area again brought to our table. Choose this hotel if you want to feel like you are having a holiday nothing too much trouble. We will be back :))))

Room Tip: 13 th block is fab
1 Thank Kitty0325
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband, 2 boys (15 & 18) and I stayed here for a week 14-21 April. This was our 6th or 7th trip to Sharm, but our first time at this particular hotel. We have stayed in Naama Bay and Sharks Bay once, but the rest of the time we have stayed in Nabq Bay at the TGA next door to this hotel. We have used their jetty many times and as we were unable to get booked into the TGA, we thought we would try the Holiday Village instead.
As others have stated, the reception area is truly underwhelming and resembles a building site. We booked 2 separate rooms next to each other, but on arrival we were offered (at no extra cost) an apartment or suite as they called it. We viewed this and it was just one main room with a large bed and a smaller room with 2 very small single beds in it, there was just one bathroom and one wardrobe for all to share. We decided to opt for the original booking of the 2 separate rooms which turned out to be much better.
The reception area was manic and they seemed totally overwhelmed by the arrival of a large number of guests – it was a bit of a free-for-all!
We were told to wait outside in the bar area till our rooms were ready – which was strange because having been shown the rooms, they looked ready to us! We were left sitting out in the sun with a drink for ages and after the flight and all the travelling, you just want to shower and unpack and we all found this a bit uncomfortable. Twice my husband had to go looking for the reception guy to see what was happening till eventually we were shown back to the rooms to await delivery of our luggage. Although, we had arrived at the hotel at about 3pm, we didn’t actually get to our rooms until after 5pm – a bit much we thought.
Our room had a huge queen sized bed which was as hard as a rock – even with the mattress topper on it! I have an extremely hard bed at home, but this was unbelievable! I didn’t sleep at all the first few nights as I just had to keep turning over and back to rest the parts of my body that had gone completely numb! Eventually I put in 3 cushions off the chairs on the balcony under the mattress topper and although it was still very hard, it just helped a little.
It was quite galling to see on our last day, 100s and 100s of brand new mattresses being delivered to the rooms! Hopefully you will get a new, softer one!
The boys’ room had a huge queen sized bed and a smaller bed – so they didn’t have to sleep together. They said they slept fine.
Neither of us had any complaints about the room itself, although the supply of 6 hangers for 2 people was rather poor and we had to call the reception for more. The safe was shut, so we had to call reception to come and sort that out too. Both times we didn’t have to wait too long. I think we may have been in the rooms that were recently painted as they looked fine to us.
The bathroom was ok and they supply the usual tray of goodies: soap (quite nice and plenty for a week), shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel, shower cap & nail file. There is a walk in shower/wet room type – which was good but the water pressure was quite low.
Towels were changed regularly and the room was kept clean.
There is a washing line that you can use in the bathroom too and there is a pull-out 5 row drying thing on the balcony which is good for drying out any swimming gear etc. Bring a few pegs with you as sometimes the wind can take things.
The sink was something else and would not fill up – which is difficult if you want to wash out swim wear or for my hubby to shave. I normally use my travel sink plug, but even that didn’t keep the water in the sink – really annoying!
You are given a welcome pack with towel cards etc in and on the back of the envelope is the worst map of the complex I have ever seen – it is really hard to work out where things are as it has obviously been photocopied to death. I would suggest if it’s your first time at the complex, cut out the map yourself from the First Choice brochure and bring it with you, it is slightly clearer!

Everyone has already mentioned how nice the grounds are – and we agree. The restaurants were all fine and the food was good. The main buffet restaurant was a bit of a mad house, but I guess most all inclusive buffets are.

The welcome meeting was the worst we have ever been to – not the hotel’s fault, but I have to mention it. The First Choice rep’s English wasn’t very good at all and it was difficult to understand him, this wasn’t made any easier by a really noisy child who continuously ran round the crowded room drowning out any information given. The parent’s didn’t seem to be at all bothered and no one said anything. I felt like it was a complete waste of time straining to hear the rep, as he made very unfunny jokes. Very little information was actually given out at all about the vast Holiday Village and or its amenities on offer, Sharm itself or the excursions they offered.

Many previous posters have mentioned the exceptionally friendly staff at this hotel and although we didn’t encounter any unfriendly staff, none of them particularly went out of their way to be overly friendly. It’s difficult to put your finger on exactly what the difference was, but we have found the staff at the TGA to be so much more friendly and helpful.

There are extensive renovations going on all round the complex and especially at the quiet pool – sometimes it wasn’t that quiet at all. We wanted to watch the football in the Sports Bar which was advertised, but found it almost impossible to find it. We asked different members of staff, none of whom seemed to know where it was. We eventually found the small entry door and went in to a dreadfully damp, smelly, dark bar with a manky pool table and 3 TVs. The drinks were not really very nice either – the Coke tasted vile.

We know that Egypt isn’t very good for evening entertainment, so didn’t expect any, but it was difficult to find anywhere to sit in the evening and just relax and have a drink. The place seemed very quiet except for the Pharaoh’s Bar which always seemed to be full of noisy screaming kids. The place didn’t have a lot of atmosphere at all and we ended up with quite a lot of early nights.

There was nothing really bad about the HV and we did have a really good week’s holiday – if we were offered a very cheap deal, we’d probably go back, but if I’m honest, we’d probably prefer to go back to the TGA next door where although it’s in dire need of some TLC (and just been sold and renamed!), it just has the edge for us.

5 Thank GinaG
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and welcome every opportunity to improve.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Excellent holiday from start to finish, made all the better as the staff were so friendly and the service impeccable. Have already booked for Easter next year. The hotel is only fifteen minutes from the airport and in a central location on the beach. Easy taxi journey to Soho Square and Old Market and nice wondering up to look in the shops locally in the evenings as evening entertainment was not for us. A polite 'No Thank you' stops the hassle but it was good fun bartering with the friendly shop owners. Daytime entertainment for the children is fantastic and the staff quickly learn the children's names and make them feel welcome. It's great being able to eat at the varied restaurants during the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Juliet B