“A week in paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #26 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“A week in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Me ( Kev ) & my wife ( Lindsay ) have just returned from our honeymoon at the Red Sea holiday village I sharm & can't wait to go back it's a truly amazing place. The people are so friendly & helpful, the food is top notch, the rooms spotless, the pools great, the private beach is paradise the sea is crystal clear and so warm.& the kids poolside bar is great, Hermena the barman is so friendly & nothing is too much trouble for him he just keeps the drinks flowing,

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Suggs1233
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your brief review!

Allow me first to congratulate you for your marriage and to wish you both a lifetime of happiness together. I look forward to welcoming you back next year to celebrate your first anniversary.

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We travelled as a family of four , with two teenagers and am sad to say that this hotel just doesn't cut the mustard .after upgrading room to superior suite as the original room was tatty and in need of a facelift , we tried to have our first nights sleep but air con was noisy it was impossible . The food is very bland with no taste and is almost the same most evenings and days but with a few different dishes, the ala cartes are not worth going to other than the American which was good, if the hotel can produce food like that in there then why does all the other food not come up to scratch.
There is no entertainment at night and it becomes soul destroying after two nights as there is only a couple of watchable channels on the TV in the room.
The hotel is nice and grounds as well , beach and reef worth a visit, poo in the pool twice and outside the hotel is dirty and scruffy and the locals chase you down the street desperate for your cash.
If you do book be prepared to take lots of money to eat out or book early flights home

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village and I am sorry that you feel your stay did not match the quality you've come to expect.

I have noted your comment regarding the noisy air conditioning and I can assure you that it has now been fixed, yet please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

While our buffet and a la carte restaurants provide an extensive range of food varieties, yet if at any meal you felt that the food was not to your liking, you could speak to one of our chefs or the restaurant manager who would have been quite happy to assist you.

Thank you also for bringing to my attention the issue of the entertainment, this has been noted and shared with the team.

I hope that you will consider returning back to the Coral Sea Holiday Village to give us the chance to be of your service again. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

county durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

the whole holiday village experience was fantastic for all kinds of family if you have kids its brilliant if not like me and my wife its perfect too,the food in all restraunts are fantastic and the rooms and staff are just perfect will definatly be bak cheers holiday village

Room Tip: all rooms are equally as nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have just returned from an amazing two weeks at The Holiday Village Hotel Sharm El Sheikh we enjoyed it so much,we have just booked to go back next year for three weeks. Couldn't fault it, the service from ALL the staff was fantastic, they couldn't do enough for you. We had a swim up room in block seven, the room was immaculate on arrival and thanks to our cleaner, it stayed that way throughout the entire holiday despite the best efforts of our 12 year old to turn it into the complete carnage that is her bedroom at home. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and within a couple of days of our arrival it felt like they were old friends. The food was good quality and plentiful and the waiters were incredible attentive to the point where our drinks were practically on the table as we walked through the door. In the evenings we went to the bars and again within a couple of days the waiters remembered what each of us drank even though there were seven of us in our party. Well done Holiday Village, look forward to seeing you all in 2014. If anyone is looking for a holiday with the wow factor and wants to be treated like a VIP, this is the place to go....

Room Tip: Choose a swim up room, a bit more expensive but worth every penny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank John B
Dear Guest,

Likewise, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you all back in 2014.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Red Sea Holiday Village on the 28th August, Me, hubby, our son (2yrs old), Dad '& my Cousin! We flew by Thomson and had a great flight only problem being the only way off the plane is via Stairs as first time in Egypt and a Wheelchair user I was really unaware of this but thankfully in Egypt they have a van that comes to the height of plane and straight into chair and that drives you over to Terminal no hassle at all have a bit of loose change as they skip passport control etc then help with bags right out to Coach but a few different people take you so tip a little each our transfer was 15mins from Airport!

We was totally shocked when we arrived at our Hotel it was massive and very luxury looking we checked in very quickly even though they stop serving Dinner at 10pm they kept it open for the us arriving so could get bite to eat and they would deal with your bags great start!

Me, Hubby & Our Son were in a Swim-up Room the room was immaculate it was perfect and a big gate so our son couldn't get out near pool himself had our own sun beds it was everything we had wanted and more than expected. We were in Block 7 and had the sun from early morning till around 5pm there is also a guy that comes around every so often and takes your drink orders so would recommend this to those who like the sun all day!

My Dad & Cousin had a jacuzzi room it was massive and again was spotless after a few days my dad wished he had put the extra money towards a swim-up room as the jacuzzi wasn't that great and he never really used it as was so hot I really wouldn't bother. They were always around at ours so his room was never used!

Our cleaner Azer was amazing he was in everyday cleaning our room and made all sorts of great things with towels my son loved it, it was a great touch, he never ever made us feel like we had to tip him!

All-inclusive was great as a fussy eater there was always something for everyone no pushing in queues etc it was always felt relax and the waiters where great especially Islam.

We put our Son into the Kids Club called Twinkle Stars for 2hrs a day he loved it and would like to say Thanks to Lauren, Sophie & Gemma for making me feel so relaxed about leaving my son there, he had loads of fun did different activities each day and got a keep sake book on his last day of everything he had done. Lauren was very taking by our son she came to the Hotel on her day off to say goodbye to him he really loved seeing her when we took him on the Coach she was crying we will defiantly keep in touch with her!

Finally this complex is all on the flat so ideal for Wheelchairs the rooms have walk in showers there was no seat but when we asked reception someone brought a chair straight away so could sit down and shower defiantly recommend this holiday to anyone in wheelchair complex is big but they do have wheelchairs on site for you to use if limited mobility. Outside the Hotel is totally different very high kerbs etc not ideal for wheelchairs but to be honest you have everything in complex. If you need juice, crisps and sweets head to the Metro it's so much cheaper!

P.s. you need to try the
McDonalds it's amazing!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Buba09Scotland
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village and for your plan to return back soon. Rest assured that your compliments and recognition to the staff efficiency and friendliness will be conveyed to them. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming back soon, next time: swim-up rooms!

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

27/09/13 - 10/09/13 from Manchester
My 5th time to Egypt first to this hotel

Arrived at hotel around 10pm after a swift transfer from airport (the flight outbound with thomson was awful) check in was smooth and was taken to our room. We had a swim up room on block 8 room 8107. We was very impressed with the room very spacious and clean. We didn't get chance to eat as the restaurant was closed, wasn't offered an alternative so we had room service pizza.

Room :
was very big with a huge bed although it was rock hard, a walkin wardrobe, big toilet and shower area. The room was very clean on arrival although through out our holiday we started to notice the room wasn't being thoroughly cleaned and one day we found a dead ant in the bed! We also had an issue with moths and ants outside on our terrace but would often find a way into our room, this is the only hotel I haven't seen use pest control of an evening to get rid of bugs. We had our own two private beds which were great and half the time the pool to the swim up room was empty.

Pool:
we only used the pool to our room but noticed this was becoming dirty on our 2nd week and it didn't see, to get cleaned often. The main pool was busy but we still saw sun beds available late afternoon. Can't comment on issue with people pooing in the pool as this didn't happen in the pool we used - however there was a letter under the door after we'd been a couple of days saying that it was still happening in the main pool and anyone found doing so would be fined removed from the hotel and loose their flights with thomsons.

Beach:
Nice and flat which was a nice surprise, plenty of beds to be used all day and you can walk out for ages in shallow water. Only downfall is you have to walk a good way to get to the reef and it can be pretty dangerous, a few days towards the end of the holiday the red flag was out so you couldn't go to the reef. Don't think that off the hotels jetty is the reef as it isn't.

Never had issue with the food plenty of choice and always looked well cooked, however on my last day my partner noticed a bug on my breakfast instantly put me off my food and the waiter Amr did apologise even though it was his fault. I didn't eat much meat as I am funny with meat and don't eat meat on bone which in Egypt is common, I did eat salad and fruit which was lovely however I was struck down with a really bad belly - this was worrying as I am pregnant, our tablets didn't touch it and I had the worst cramps iv ever had and suffered with sickness and diarrhoea for 2days in the end I went to the clinic and was given tablets by a lad who didn't look at all like a doctor. I took the tablets and things calmed down but my bowel never seemed to recover and it's still not 100% now. This is the first time I have been ill in Egypt, wether its due to being pregnant I don't know - we always used hand sanitizer and before and after restaurant never drank alcohol, couldn't say in the restaurant I saw something that would make me think it was that that made me ill so I really don't know. I also noticed staff wore gloves when placing new cutlery down.

Apart from this we really enjoyed the food, the drinks (soft) was ok half the time the orange juice was watered down it started strong in the day and got weaker at night lol. Didn't try the alcohol due to pregnancy but usually the local drinks aren't nice at most all inclusives.

Entertainment:
Typical cheesy holiday stuff, yes staff work hard but it's boring & poor. Half the time you could hear a girl and lad rep sing or trying to sing absolutely awful, or karaoke consisted of kids singing, not really aimed at adults. Also we didn't think entertainment was clearly stated as where it would be either and missed the belly dancing one night as we didn't realise it was outside the restaurant.

We used the wifi as my partner needs to check his work whilst abroad..it's £5 or £4 for half hour depending on which person served you, it says on the leaflet in the room you can get wifi anywhere in the hotel .....NO only in reception or outside reception, half the time wifi was down as well not great!

We went out on a few occasions for food as we didn't enjoy Egyptian or seafood night. We went hard rock cost us £40 for 4drinks a starter to share 2 mains & 2 puddings was very impressed and food amazing. Went to tgi as well and this was nice same price as hard rock near enough but hard rock miles better! McDonald's is good I had a chicken Big Mac and my partner a mega mac.

Nabq was quiet as was hotel and soho square, such a shame to see a lovely place so deserted. Shop keepers said it was very quiet and some said they had limited stock as they couldn't get stuff from Cairo. We had NO trouble at all and I felt extremely safe here so please still go and support sharm :)

Also sharm airport on return was quiet only our flight and 2 Newcastle flights going out never queued at all. Flight on return to Manchester was about 60-70% full

We had a chilled holiday due to being pregnant but had a great holiday, we was ready to come home and think 11nights would have been enough for us here.

Mains issues being:

Pool not cleaned often
Bad belly
Waiters depending on where you sit in restaurant can take ages to serve you drinks
70% of staff moody
Reef is to far out
Entertainment very poor

I also noticed people from other hotels using our beach/jetty and in the adult only section of beach people taking the kids in pretty annoying!!

Overall good holiday would return but not in the near future

Also Harry the pool guy who gets the drinks is super, Amr in the restaurant , the guy who makes the omlets and the pizza & the ice cream man (sorry don't know the names) all deserve a tip work hard and friendly

Room Tip: Get a swim up room to avoid the dirty people pooing in the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linzi K
Dear Guest,

Firstly, on a positive note, thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service in our main restaurant. This should not have been the case, and I have followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

I have also noted your comments regarding the pool cleanliness and the entertainment and I can advise you that your comments were shared with the concerned departments.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, your partner and your new arrival next year. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have recently returned from a 2 week stay at the Holiday Village, Red Sea. We chose this hotel has we had gone in June 2011 and had a wonderful holiday. On this occasion we took our now 6 year old and also our 17 month old baby.. a souvenir from our June 2011 trip!!. Once again we had a fantastic time. The hotel was spotless, the staff are amazing and the food and drink is great.

As we were 'return guests' we were given gold wristbands which was a lovely surprise. We were allowed access to the exclusive breakfast room, fruit basket in our room along with robes and slippers.

The weather was perfect (45 degrees some days). I cannot fault this hotel at all. Lovely !!

Room Tip: We were originally allocated the 3rd floor of block 14 (no lift) which was no good with a buggy. We...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsH290510
Dear Return Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back....specially the souvenir from 2011 trip! In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.