“Fantastic”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #72 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our 2nd visit and had a wonderful time again. Oct is better for heat wise especially for children. Our last visit was June and the perspiration rolled off you in the pool. The resort is clean and well looked after and the staff excellent- kind and friendly. The rooms are spacious with a huge walk in shower. cleaned everyday with 2 large bottles of water on each visit. You can request more - just ring reception and its there. Any problems then reception are really efficient and soon have it sorted.
We were in Block 5 between dining room and pools and it was great.Play area right outside but beware of mozzies later in the evening.
Entertainment great and kids were made to feel special by all.
The kids clubs and staff are tremendous and my daughters made lots of friends and tried many new things.(they are 9 and 5)
Carolyn the swim teacher is the best-my 5 year old can now swim without armbands ,dive in and swim on her back-amazing to say she was scared of jumping in even with armbands on before our holiday.
We loved the setting for this holiday village and had no problems with sunbeds ever. The beach is corally sand and shoes for wading into sea a must-but cheap to buy there. Snorkles cheap and sometimes you can find these in First Choice customer room. They have many things left by holiday makers so check there before buying.
The staff are really worth there weight in gold and if you tip them once they never forget 10 EP equal to £1.
The food was varied and tasty. We had no stomach upsets either on our last visit or this.
We will definately be back

4  Thank Julie B
Write a ReviewReviews (6,399)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We returned on 21st October I want to say that this was our first holiday abroad. I only have good things to say about our holiday. It was spotless. The pools were tested throughout the day. The food was varied and the staff amazing. They put up with so much. I was ashamed of how some people behaved. One family stood out with even the kids clicking their fingers at the restaurant staff. If I could point out several staff. sayed the waiter what a worker. wahid our housekeeper what a star. Our room was spotless and he made the most beautiful towell art. If we needed anything it was only a phone call away. I would recommend this holiday village to anyone.

Room Tip: Up grade your rooms block 8 is the best air con is noisy but after a while you tune it out.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We spent a week in two rooms. One was a kids den which is more like a cupboard and had none of the facilities specified when booking. The bathrooms were dirty and there were cockroaches along the corridors. Three out of five of us had sickness and diarrhoea and one has come back with an ear infection. The hotel is full of chavvy Brits and the entertainment provided is terrible. All in all not a four star hotel in the slightest. On the positive side the Egyptians were friendly and helpful and the Mediterranean restaurant was worth paying for to avoid the scrum of the main restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank Cazzarich
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was there with my Mum and Dad, we arrived at the hotel with a glass of fresh orange juice and a smile which made us just rite at home. The staff were the stars of this Holiday village, they were all so helpful and could do anything for you and this is ever so helpful when your on holidays. The bedroom we were in had a double bed and a door which led you into my single bed with coach, the beds were really comfy and clean. The bathroom was immaculate with a shower/bath, which was fitted out with marble tiles. The food at the village was beautiful with a wide variety, if you got bored of the main buffet you could of eat at the Seafood, Grill, oriental or Indian restraints which had really tasty meals. The was a wide verity of pools to select from which suited all age groups, old and young.There is a linkage to the beach which takes you two minutes away from the village (basically the village and beach is one) Overall the village was really enjoyable and as i said before and will say again the staff were A*.

Room Tip: Take one of the rooms with the swim up pool not needed but it means you have your own pool ! No figh...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wackyoworld3
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have just returned from 11 nights here and had seen the Watchdog programme. I must have been on Trip Adviser twice a day after that seeing what people had to say! We went as a family of four (2 kids 12 & 8) and my dad who has mobility issues. Had 2 rooms in block 14 which is furthest away but for us was fine. Quiet of a night and no-one walking past on their way to from the restaurants or bars. Apparently they are having a refurb this year. We all had a lovely time. We found most of the staff to be extremely friendly and they always said "hello and how are you?" (That doesn't mean the rest of them are miserable it's just the way people are - some are more outgoing then others!. We did tip our cleaner and the bar staff as they work so hard and the bar staff always knew our drinks and if he saw my husband making his way to the bar would come over and tell him to sit down and he would bring the drinks.

The food was brilliant. I cannot believe people have found it difficult to find things they like. From breakfast with cereals, croissants all sorts of pastries to buffet items and an egg station, lunch with grilled meats and lovely salads and then the evening it was all delicious. In the main restaurant (which we tended to go to after the main rush as our kids are now older) there was always plainer foods like pasta (plus a pasta station) chips, things like shepherds pie, cauliflower cheese etc etc. Somewhere you can get omelettes every night as well as specials such as pizza, fajitas, egyptian buffet etc etc. I never had anything that was undercooked and when I had the chicken one night you could see all of it had been tested to make sure it was cooked through. We tried most things and it was all piping hot. I loved the fresh grilled prawns they were huge and cooked in front of you and were amazing. As for desserts - well I've never seen so many cakes etc. The Rep had said at the welcome meeting that all the salads/fruits are washed in mineral water and that all the ice and the water stations are mineral water. My husband suffered a bad tummy for a couple of days but the rest of us were all fine. I've had friends go to different hotels and still have "Egyptian tummy" so I really don't think the fault is with the hotel. There are plenty of hand sanitizers around (plus we took our own) and I didn't have a problem with the cleanliness. I agree some of the other guests don't help with hygiene (and this wasn't necessarily the type of people that others have commented on - although we did see plenty of them!). Kids helping themselves and spilling food on the floors, one woman trying the soup from the ladle and a man picking up all the different loaves of bread using his hands (when there are tongs and napkins to use) made me cringe. I tended to get my son's dinner for him or went with him to make sure he used the tongs or didn't pick things up and put them back down. At the end of the day kids are kids and if you let them they will do it. We tried all the ala carte restaurants and enjoyed them all. We also paid and used the Stonegrill which was a nice experience not overpriced and we also went to the beach fish restaurant where you just pay for your fish. Nice to have waiter service at these instead of getting it yourself but you see how hard the staff work as the person that serves drinks during the day at the beach is still working in the restaurant that evening.

We used the pools but mainly went to the beach as my son loved looking for crabs and the water was shallow so he could splash about. No issues with the pools, they were clean and we always managed to get 5 sunbeds and weren't up at the crack of dawn to put towels down. Loved Bobby the camel and all the beach staff. The sunbeds on the beach were great - swinging double sunbeds. Said adults only but it was so quiet on the beach it wasn't an issue.

Met some lovely people and both the kids made friends. The 8yr old went to kids club a couple of times but mainly he was happy with us on the beach or at the splash pool.

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the sun sets early and it's dark by 5.30pm. But it meant you got a nice period before dinner where we would either sit on the terraces and have a coffee/drink or go back to our room and watch a film that was on whilst getting ready for dinner.

If we had to look for negatives it would be:

beer wasn't up to much
evening entertainment was a bit "Butlins" but thought the girls were ok (plus our son loved i5Live)
places to get ice cream or a decent coffee from are a bit few and far between
didn't like it outside much when it was dark and didn't feel that comfortable

All in all I would go back - some people we met said it was their 3rd or 4th time and they wouldn't go back again now. We've never been to the same hotel twice but would definitely consider going here again if we were to come back to Sharm. It's got everything we need.

1  Thank sharris036
Reviewed October 31, 2012

arrived on 10th october for 1 week. This was our 3rd time and wont be the last! we had a swim up room in block 9 for the 2nd time and i would say block 9 is far the best out of all the swim up rooms. We have never been ill once out of 3 visits and think the illnesses are either a bug caught off someone or slight exaggeration as i was told by one person that they had been really ill the previous day and yet was sitting eating a huge plate of food anf drinking beer, an amazing recovery! The staff are amazing and the resort is kept so clean. The food is very hot and fresh and plenty of choice. Im not a fan of going back to places for a holiday bit this place is an exception.met some fab people, best holiday so far

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank sharon197240
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Iv felt the need to share my experience of the Red Sea Holiday village for a while now. After the report that Watchdog made I would like to share my views. I attended the Holiday Village October 2011 for 1 week with my parent and auntie. Ages ranged from (18-40) Every single one of us had the holiday of our lives, it really was perfect. When we arrived arrived we were informed they were experiencing a heatwave so to keep topped up on sun lotion. The check in was quick and easy with a complentary drink. we were then driven to our room and our cases followed. We opted for the interconnecting rooms which for a holiday room was amazingly large and spacious. The beds were huge and comfortable, walk in wardrobe so you can hang your clothes and store your cases out of the way. Huge walk in shower. The rooms were cleaned daily and towel art left a few times. The next morning we went to ou welcome meeting and got all the information about the trips and about the restaurants. You are given tokens to the 3 al a carte restaurants which i would adivise you to book asap as they get full quite quick. The food in the al a carte are to die for the best curry i have ever tasted. Food in the buffet area were also great options changed daily there was always something for everyone to choose. mine and my families favourite things to eat was the omelette and pancake station on a morning they ask what you would like and then make them infront of you. The all inclusive drinks were great you could go ask for whatever you wanted, and also waiters would often come and ask if they could get you any drinks this also happen on the beach which we thought was a nice touch. The pools yes they were busy but what do you expect everyone goes on holiday to have a good time even those with kids i dont see why so many people are complaining about the kids. If your are wanting to escape the kids simply just go to the quiet pool. The towel service was good you could go get a beach towel each day so no need to take your own. Me and my family booked 2 trips. Quad adventure Pm and the V.I.P. Red Sea Cruise. Both of these trips were perfect. The cruise had 3 snorkelling stops were out of this world all of the colourful fish and coral was beautiful to see our tour guide saied worked very well to get us so close to the fish. later on in the week we went on the adreneline thrill quad trip. We ha daq quick lesson on the quads then headed into the dessert, we had a stop where you could have a camel ride then headed on another drive to a bedouin tent where we puffed on a hubbly-bubbly pipe and had some Bedouin tea before sitting down to a barbecue dinner. to round the trip off we enjoyed a colourful Nubian singing and dancing show around the campfire then headed back to the coach on the quads. Basically all I can say is this is the perfect holiday if you want everything all in one place. last but not least the staff are amazing so kind and happy all the time even though there working very long days! I am returning back to the holiday village with my partner in january and I cant wait!!!!!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are well worth the extra amount. Book al a carte restaurants asap. V.I.P. Red Sea C...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family