“2nd time around”

Ranked #23 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“2nd time around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

What can i say went in january went back in april cant wait to go back feels sooo much like home...room fantastic ..hotel and staff oh my lord out of this world, peter, mahmood and sayed in the bar we love you ...food fabbo..service in general fantastic for anything you ask for,had to have the doctor for my husband who slipped one morning in the bathroom and had to have the doctor , the doctor came and attented my hubby, took him to the clinic and gave him first class treatment.He then saw him every day and cleaned and dressed his wound (stitches)and gave first class advice and also foned our insurance co. and sorted all that out for us aswell so we had no hassle. We love this HV and i am usually very fussy about where i stay and look up loads of reviews before i travel.... but this choice of hotel was no contest Love You All see you next year xx

Room Tip: swim up rooms a must ,spa a must, adult breakfast a must for couples, best holiday i ever had and th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you're looking for relaxed fun in the sun with a huge dose of humour, then I would highly recommend this resort. The animation team were absolutely superb, and were a constant source of amusement. Initially I was disappointed at the lack of fitness classes, but the gym had everything we needed, and this, combined with the stretching class each morning, helped us feel like we were keeping those holiday pounds at bay.

The waiters were friendly (if a little flirty); the room we asked to be changed to was lovely; and the hotel staff were very accomodating and helpful. I'd just be wary of being assisted to your room by an over-zealous suitcase handler (ours wanted a hug as we didn't have the right money for a tip ... which felt wrong!!).

My best pieces of advice:

- invest in a strong Citronella wash, body spray and shampoo, as it was us against the mosquitos at night (I think I killed 17 on my best evening).
- bring a pumice stone with you to keep your feet in order (you'll really thank me for this later!)
- maxi dresses are definitely in, and the Egyptians really do appreciate tasteful dressing
- on the same note, being lary and topless in the pool is a recipe for disastrous confrontation by other visitors with families. There were a few topless sunbathers, and one or two thong bikinis, but generally I'd recommend at least a two-piece with a Brazilian cut if you want some respect.
- don't go anywhere on your own outside of the resort, especially if you're blonde. We were fine, but it felt much better to explore in pairs.
- bring at least £200 worth of Egyptian money to spend
- book your two free meals at the Indian and Italian restaurants first thing on arrival
- look out for "Magic", the spa representative whose best line to us was "Is your father a thief? He stole the stars out of the sky and put them in your eyes". There were many more memorable sayings like this that we just had to write down.

We hope you have an absolutely wonderful stay - and we may see you there next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool - we didn't have any trouble with noise and it made the walk back t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank heapsoffun
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

We booked a swim up room and i am so glad we did. The rooms where huge the pool was massive - the same size as a hotels main pool. The food here was good. I am very fussy about food when away but it was great! they cooked fresh pasta and pizza at little stations. And fresh eggs and things on a morning. Plenty of snack bars for during the day. The pizza was amazing there! We had a swim up room and the guy came round every hour or so with our drinks so we didn't have to move! We tipped our cleaner and he gave us extra bottles of water. You can fill them up around the hotel. I would defo get a swim up room no fighting over sun loungers its so chilled. We don't have children but we didn't get bugged by children running around there wasn't as many as i expected. There's also an adult only bar which is a great laugh the adult entertainers are great fun but you can also go and relax there outside aswel so it's for all sorts of people. Only thing i will say is the hotel staff bugged me when my boyfriend wasn't around i didn't really like that but it doesn't bother some people! We are going back next summer no doubt! Also we booked snorlking down on the beach which is a really good trip to go on!!!! And also if you go to this hotel its worth taking half your money in english and half in there money its easier to pay for things and take plenty of pound coins for tips! the swim up rooms are brillant for couples with no kids. Im 20 and my boyfriend is 23 so its not just a family place!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kirsty-Louise H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Went with my partner & 31/2 year old. All of us loved it! Cannot fault anything. Food great variety & fresh, a la cartes were a lovely treat ( vouchers given to use once a week). Hotel staff & first choice reps all excellent - they couldnt do enough to help you or make you feel welcome. My daughter loved the kids club & went to 22 sessions!!!!! Lots of activities on during the day or if you're like me u can just lie by the pool. Kids entertainment was fabulous & reps put on good shows at night. Can't wait to go back. Exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Kellzk
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was our second visit to this place! We loved it so much the first time we just had to return! Due to a mad few months a 5 night break sounded just great, and the price of £380pp for an all inclusive jacuzzi room (all extra's included - flights, transfers, insurance, airport parking etc) made this holiday a must have!

On arrival, as normal the first people in the hotel you meet are those working on the reception desk. Working at a hotel myself I know that they should be essentially the most pleasent and welcoming members of staff. These however, were not - they were quite blunt and rude on all occasions we visited the desk, and wernt overly bothered about our satisfaction whilst at the hotel. This then dampened our initial mood.

We were escourted to our rooms, which soon cheered us up! They were, as always spotless and clean! This is the most important aspect of any hotel and you could not fault it! Special credit goes out to our cleaner of room 3110 on 26/04-01-05. Nothing was too much trouble and HK is the worst job for the most basic wage! His efforts payed off though, as myself and my mum gave him 100 Egyptians each, which he was very grateful for! :-). Our rooms overlooked the main pool which was also great, allowing us to just stroll 30 seconds in the mornings to get our spot on the sunbeds!

Technically your not supposed to.... but I would advise reserving sunbeds early in the morning. You get issued towel cards, and with these every morning we'd go down to the pool about 8am, pick up our towels and plop them on the sunbeds so we had them for after breaky! On one occasion we came back just after 10.15 to find a member of staff taking them off - he said his manager had asked him to, and every day around 10.15 he walks around taking towels off of any unused sunbed. So Beware of this!!! Baring in mind everyone at the hotel was reserving the sunbeds the same way, and if you didnt... you'd be sitting on sweet FA all day! lol.

My mum thought she'd buy a magazine and a newspaper to keep her busy for the day, they were marked 0.29, and 0.19, and when the guy asked for the money he wanted to charge her 90 Egyptians.... The equivalent to £9!!!! She refused bluntly! We couldnt believe it!! Later on that day I went to get a lilo from the shop, only to find them priced at £20 each! and then he wanted an extra £2 to blow them up?! £22 english pounds? Erm, no. I can get them from the £1 shop in England! lol. So bring plenty of mags and take a trip to a pound shop for a few lilos! In relation to the shops in the hotel, credit goes to the artist doing the paintings! A very talented man to say the least, and so lovely too! I liked many of his designs, so he then created a painting for me merging all into one, making it personal too with added touches. Something I will treasure forever!

The Food - its not as bad as most make out! I dont know what people expect in Egypt but they try their best, and you have plenty to choose from! Salad, meat, pasta, rice, veg, pancakes, cakes, deserts etc. My partners a veeeryyyy fussy eater but found plenty to eat every night! We also visited the la carte restaurants, the chinese is lovely, the indian is just OK, really not very special, but thats only because I'm used to & love the indian curries we have at home! Some people may think otherwise, but maybe give the mediteranian a try if you have an option of two.

Last year we had treatments in the spa which were lovely, and we were due to have discounts beings it was our second visit. The discounts were applied but only slightly, and due to the lady being very rude and blunt, saying (when asked a question) "Its very hot out here, can you just make up your mind?", we decided against bothering to give custom to her. My advice would be to experience the spa, but if you have a rude lady, go and speak to the next lady or man at the desk!

The beach is lovely, but man made to some extent I believe? The sand was harsh on my bare feet so I wore beach shoes most of the time there. Although when getting into the sea its fine, and walking along the jetty and swimming from it makes every second worth it. So lovely! There are little areas of coral which you can visit, and you will see some fish out there, the little all black ones are amusing and curious, swimming close to you then quickly swimming away! lol.

Be careful outside the resort, and dont go outside on your own. Im a worrier anyway, so some might be fine but if your a worrier, go outside in a small group with men too!

A couple hours after breaky the pool snackbar serves rolls, icecream and cakes! and then from 1pm the restaurant opens back up for lunch, as does the restaurant directly near the pool. So your never hungry! :-). I could live off of the cakes, loooooveelyyyyy! And the bar staff and restaurant staff are always great! Knew our order before we even reached them ;-).

Second visit, would we return again? Yes we would! Enjoy!
P.s - Ignore the bad reviews - theres a reason as to why this hotel has 4.5 stars on trip advisor! :-D

Room Tip: A room more towards the entrance of the hotel would be better - music from the club on the beach and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Zoe P
Nairn, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

My daughter and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the coral sea resort, my second visit and my daughter's first. It was even better than the first visit, we had a fantastic time accommodation was great, food was fantastic, staff very nice and friendly, this resort is a great all rounder - perfect for family's as loads to keep kids entertained. My daughter and I had a lovely room, very peaceful with beautiful garden views. I haven't named any staff individually as there are too many but can honestly say they were all very nice and obliging which made our stay very enjoyable. I will also say it was very nice and personal for the assistant manager Hossam Ibrahim to approach us and ask if we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything he could help with not to hesitate to ask him he was extremely nice and friendly. We will be back very soon i hope.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Heather T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We took our one year old and were apprehensive about what it would be like abroad with her. We were pleasantly surprised by the resort, the grounds are well maintained, the food is good and varied and the pools are clean and fun. everything is geared up for children and I felt a little bit sorry for the childless couples surrounded by noisy little ankle biters.

The quality of rooms seems to vary greatly. Our first room was small, showing signs of wear and tear and very far away from everything (except the noisy pool filters). However we were moved to a bigger, cleaner room above a pool which was better.

The beach is a bit rubbish with gritty sand and all the coral is trashed which is very sad. However I'm a pool person so we didn't go much.

I would go again, but next time I would:
Book a swim up room
take my own white wine (the wine wasn't nice)
Not take a hair dryer (there's one in the room)
take more food for my daughter (she didn't like the buffet much)
Take LOTS of mosquito repellent (everyone was walking about with massive red welts on their legs)
Tip the towel guys to reserve me sun loungers! This is what everyone else seems to do, which is very frustrating. If you can't beat them, join them.

• Stayed May 2012