“Great Holiday”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #77 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I booked the Reef Oasis because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and I was very pleased that the standard was as high as I had expected. This is a large resort but well set out and I enjoyed the walks through the gardens that were well looked after. We were in block 4000s which are close to the adult pool. We spent at least part of every day around the adult pool, which is a great idea form those of us who want a bit of piece and quiet.Other hotels should do the same. We used all the restaurants andenjoyed them all except for the Fishermans, which was a disappointment. Our favourite place for lunch was the Sea Breeze; the view is fantastic and he food alwaysvery good. We both enjoyed the pasta and pizzas with a salad and plenty of wine, which was quickly topped up. The biggest plus for me was the snorkeling was brilliant and I would recommend it to everyone; but always go from the jetty not from the beach as the coral needs to be protected. We actually had rain and cloud on our first 2 days but after that it was pure blue sky and hot sunshine.We got great sevice in all the bars and we partcularly liked to enjoy an early evening drin on the terrace at the Carribean bar. Oveall if you want a high level of service at an all inclusive hotel in Sharm El Sheikh this is an excellent choice. From what we heard from people at other hotels we certainly made the right choice. The evening entertainment is not very good but we didn't expect it t be that good so were not disappointed. There was a good mix of nationalities at the hotel and I didn't experience any problems. Congrtaulations to the managemen and staff at the Reef Oasis for running a very good hotel and doing our best to keep all your guests happy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John P
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2010

Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice comments and I’m glad your stay with us was enjoyable, I do regret however that you were disappointed with our seafood restaurant, we did have some minor issues lately in this particular outlets and we are in process of making some changes. I’m sure that on your next visit you will experience the changes in a positive way; we look forward to welcome you back soon. Kind regards from all of us

Reviewed May 11, 2010

the hotel is definelity 5 star the rooms are vary good and the beach was fab the bar fab great food and drink staff vary friendlyvary clean great nightlife and the snorkeing was brill we will be going back in october

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johntyre

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your most recent experience while on holidays at our resort, we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, Kind regards from all of us

Reviewed May 8, 2010

This hotel and location is perfect if you are after some sun and relaxation. I had very good first impressions on arrival, and was not dissapointed through the duration of my stay.

We do not have children and spent most of our time relaxing at the 'adult pool', but there seemed to be a lot going on for children.

The service is very good, staff are always smiling and are genuinely happy to help. Also important, they also know when to leave you alone, if you are not in the mood for conversation.

We did leave lots of tips for waiters and waitresses, but only because we felt that they were deserved. We did not feel under any pressure to tip in the hotel.

The hotel is in beautiful grounds, and very clean. The beach is stunning.

The restaurants are good (we personally like more 'traditional' food, and one of the restaurants caters for this).

We booked a day trip to Cairo, which had nothing to do with the hotel of course. I struggled through the day after seeing the pyramids - it is a very long day and I only went to see the pyramids. I was unprepared for all the beggers and aggressive sellers, which was probably a bit naive. I would advise anyone going to not make eye contact, and to not even engage in conversation (unless you are interested in buying). A polite refusal is insufficient I'm afraid. When we said 'no thank you' they realised we spoke English and used this to pester even more.

The only gripe I have with the hotel was with our bathroom. It was ok but pretty small and the shower leaked a bit. We saw into a few other rooms which had big walk-in showers, which made it worse :).

This of course, is not the end of the world and certainly did not spoil an overall fantastic holiday. I would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Az51Leeds
Managment99, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2010

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the shower leaking, thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year. Kind regards from all of us

Reviewed May 5, 2010

We stayed here last week for one week and on first impression the hotel looked lovely. We were in block 6 which was quite a walk from the main dining room, bars and reception and shops but luckily we are quite fit, it wouldn't suit an older couple being that far back. We had a large family room which was a lovely large size, with a big bathroom and a wet room type shower. However, the water didn't run away in the shower as it had no fall on it which wasn't good! We didn't feel that the standard of food was 5*, we stayed in Cape Verde last year in a 5* hotel and the food was better. The Italian is quite good and I preferred this to the fish one as there was more choice and it was nice to be served rather than help yourself. We both suffered from bad tummies, my husband worse than me with vomiting aswell, not nice! I had mine on the last day so had to travel home with it - not good! Imodium doesn't work so we went to the onsite pharmacy for local medication which did the trick but cost about £15. Other people we spoke to at our hotel had also been ill. The air conditioning in the room was effective but noisy when trying to sleep so I didn't sleep that well and it was too hot with it turned off. Most of the staff were friendly especially little Mohammed at the Relax Pool. This pool was lovely as it was adults only. You must try snorkelling off the hotel jetty which was great but beware the water is very deep so not for nervous swimmers! We didn't use the beach at the hotel as we preferred the pool. We didn't do any trips either as we have been to Egypt twice before, without bad tummies I hasten to add! We stayed in Luxor last time and before that at another hotel in Sharm. On the basis of our experience I wouldn't recommend it but then having said that a number of other people staying at other hotels were ill too. Beware there are also really nasty mosquitos which bite and come up large and very itchy, again I think the local repellant is better than what you can get in Britain. We also used a plug in repellant too. This experience has put me off Egypt which is a shame as we really enjoyed our other 2 holidays there. There didn't seem to be much in the way of entertainment but we did go to the Karaoke night which had some good singers.

2  Thank SamEssexEngland

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Reef Oasis ■ Blue Bay Resort & Spa.Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of the noisy A/C will not be repeated in the future.
I think I need to clarify the bad tummies or the bad stomach sentence. If anyone spends a certain amount of time by the sun, the change of environment, food and alcohol, it could create some discomfort, we do get some cases as such, and it does depend on the individual, it is normal in warm climates, it’s not the hotel it’s the individual, and the changes we experience. It has nothing to do with HYGIENE or CLEANLINESS, certainly NOT in our resort.
As for the mosquitoes, yes there are some within the resort, and we do take every precaution with our pest control teams to eliminate them as much as possible.
For the food standard. I tend to disagree. For an all inclusive hotel our food is among the best, I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the food as many of our guests do. For the record we are one of very few hotels that we actually have expatriates in our kitchens from various countries such as , Indian, Chinese, Swiss, Italian, French and a German Executive chef who trains and cooks with some of the best local talent within our food preparation brigade. I do regret though that you didn’t enjoy our food; do return so we can prove to you otherwise.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Blue Bay Resort as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Reef Oasis ■ Blue Bay Resort & Spa.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the ROBB on 3rd June - 17th June 2009 and had an absolutely amazing time. We went for our honeymoon and weren't disappointed.

The room was spotless, cleaned every day, very spacious, bed was super comfy and we loved the walk in shower.

The pools, gardens, beach etc were all very well kept, and even although the hotel was at full capacity when we stayed we never felt that it was busy. Never struggled to get sun loungers etc, even got sun loungers the day we went to the beach at 2pm!!

Restaurants were fab, I'm a fussy eater and not one day did I struggle to find things to eat. The Bay View and SeaBreeze were our favourites.

We enjoyed our experience so much that we are going again in August. Cannot wait, 21st August cannot come quick enough!!!

108days to go until I can chill on the terrace with a Sunshine Mocktail served by the lovely Tarek!!

Looking forward to seeing all the staff again.

Regards
Lynsey and Jason Gemmell
Room 5129

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lynsey_G13
Managment99, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments, and we are delighted you’ll be back with us on in August.. We look forward to welcome you back on August, Do have a safe trip.
Kind regards from all of us

Reviewed May 4, 2010

From Humpty Dumpty,
Visited ROBB for the fourth time (yes fourth time, it's that good) from 14th - 21st April, and yet again, can find nothing negative to say about this fabulous hotel. The dates of our holiday, coincided with the eruption of the Icelandic volcano, and in the event we did not travel home till the 24th April, so we were lucky enough to get an extra 3 days holiday. Yippee!!!!! Throughout what must have been a particularly difficult time for the hotel and staff, with 100's of stranded guests, life went on for the guests as normal, so thanks to the management and staff for all they did during the travel crisis. We have heard of many guests in other hotels having to be moved out , but this did not happen at ROBB.

We booked a junior suite this time, and ate lovely breakfasts in the Fisherman's restaurant, which was a nice start to the day. Lunch was taken in the Sea Breeze, with dinner in the Bay View main buffet. No need to eat Italian, French, or whatever. Food everywhere we ate was great, plenty of choice, and plenty of it.

In previous visits we had not visited the Arena bar, but made a point of doing so this time, and found the animation team's cabaret great fun, and well presented. Of course it was not of professional standards, it was not supposed to be, but I tell you this, for holiday entertainment it was of a very high standard, well choreographed, well executed and as I say great fun, which at the end of the day is what it is supposed to be. The team worked their socks off, so a big thank you to one and all of them, they really engaged with the audience, adults and children alike and made them all feel special, not everybody can do that.

Other contributors have waxed lyrical on the Hotel's good points, whilst a few seem intent on only writing about their own negative experiences. I would just say this, we found every member of staff at this hotel, 100% intent on ensuring that guests enjoyed their stay. we have never once encountered bad service or attention. The staff, all of them, could not do enough for us, and every one of them greeted us with a cheery smile and a Hello, whenever they saw us.

Once again, thanks to all at ROBB. The management should feel extremely proud of their hotel, their staff, and their reputation. To all our friends, waiters, barmen, houskeeping staff, pool boys, cheerio for now and see you all again, hopefully at Christmas, all the best from 2 beers and 1 wine.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

hi just got back from one week stay at this hotel we had just finished our cruise with thompson which was excerllent. as we were cruise and stay i could not upgrade to a junior suite on booking this holiday, why i dont know, we upgraded on arrivel for 60 euros per night which is 400 pound per week?? i must say i found this expensive as the standard rooms are great, breakfast in the main resteraunt is great so no need for the fishermans which is just for junior suites a free bag of laundry which would have only cost 12 pound and the beach that is for junior suites is no different anyone can use it and it is the furthest from a drink! however i understand this situation shall be changing? Now again 400 pound on top of the cost of the holiday way too much, so looking to book for feb and to upgrade with portland is only 170 pound? at that price it is worth it cant understand why we paid so much?
anyway we was recommended this hotel this was our third visit to sharm beleive me this hotel is top rate i could not imagin you will find a better allinclusive,the food great staff rooms linens atmosphere all excerllent we have not stopped talking about it the waiters in the pub are fantastic to many to mention but jack wasexceptional i hope the manager will read this as he deserves a mention he will remember us two vodka tonics straight glass and not to strong..also the pool team all round the hotel all very friendly nothing is to much trouble. we treated ourselves to the romantica which is the resteraunt that you have to pay we had a excerllent meal fine wine and it was 61 pound not bad the fillet steak was faultless. i could go on but i am booking for feb nexy year as we have a special birthday to celebrate and the reef oasis is where will be...

1  Thank sav9

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we do appreciate it and we are delighted that your holiday was enjoyable, I will personally pass your compliments to all involved, we thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back to our resort in the nearest future. Warm regards from all of us.