Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
$140
$83
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$135
Hyatt.com
$88
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Beach Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$309
$118
$119
$107
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
$186
$102
$81
$301
$248
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $306/night.

6,351 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantitalian restaurantanimation teamgreat holidayspecial thanksfantastic hoteltwo weeksdive centrenaama bay
Reviewed April 2, 2010

From the very moment we arrived we were well looked after, It was a quick and efficent check in and within ten minutes we were in our room with our luggage following shortly after. The staff couldn't be more helpful, from opening the doors for us, to carrying our towels to the sun loungers on the beach.

The food was with out doubt the best i have ever experienced at an all inclusive hotel (which i have stayed at many) The standards of service in the restaurants, the cleaniness and the quality and the choice was really good. They even filled your glass of wine up before you had the chance to empty it!

The beach is where we spent alot of our time relaxing. The snorkling was just amazing and well worth trying. My mum doesnt swim so couldn't snorkle but experienced the wonders of the red sea fish at the little openings off the beach, where you can paddle and the fish come up and swim around your feet. The water is so clear that you can see all the magical colours of the parrot fish. I must mention the toilets on the beach, I know what your thinking ..... But they were the cleanest beach toilets I have ever had the pleasure of using. They even lay flowers on the floor in the cubicles and around the sink. Very high standards!

We also stayed around the infinity pool which is heated and just super to laze about in, with the lovely view of the sea and all the boats coming and going it proved very relaxing and not at all crowded. We didn't have children with us but went to see the childrens pool and slides and trust me if you are taking the kids they will not be bored. It looked great fun !!

The room was spacious with enormous beds which were so comfy with really soft sheets. The house keeping came to our room quite late in the afternoon but we didn't mind as we often had a drink at the bar near the adults relax pool which also served cake late afternoon. You will not go hungry!!!! Lovely !!

Would I go back ?? ..................In a heart beat.

We do intend to return next year, you can see that there are still a few things under construction -- Descretely. Cant wait to see the changes next year.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank sleepyheadExeter
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2010

Dear Guest,
We thank you, for choosing to stay with us, for spending your holidays with us and for your lovely comments. We are delighted that you all enjoyed the time that you all had in our resort. Yes we are making some great changes for our guests to have more choices in Food & Beverages services; we will also be adding four elevators within the next few months, to improve the access for the beach. We look forward to having you back in the nearest future to share and enjoy these additional facilities. Warm Regards from all of us.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We are just back from Reef Oasis Blue Bay which we visited in November and enjoyed it so much we went back in March. We were not disappointed with our return visit.
The Animation Team are first class and work very hard to entertain all age groups from tiny tots to the older guests. The grounds are extensive with plenty to do during the day and shows by the Animation Team most nights, this includes an earlier show/games for the little people.
It has to be said that the training of this hotel's staff is excellent because they all make the guests feel welcome and are always polite, happy and most importantly helpfull.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and we will probably return again in the near future. GOOD LUCK Animation Team for the future.

1  Thank gordliza
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comment’s, I am delighted that your return visit was enjoyable and you’re planning to come back to us for the third time. That is fantastic; I cannot describe how it pleases me to have our guests coming back to us. I will certainly pass your compliments to our animation team. You’ve mentioned training, it’s an absolute fact in our hotel, we train daily without fail, and we believe it’s the only way to succeed. It is our philosophy & culture to give service and our goal is to be the best AI resort in Sharm. I’m glad that you noticed the improvements. We all sincerely thank you and look forward to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards from all of us.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

We arrived at this resort at night and our first impression was how lovley it looked all gently lit by small lights around the footpaths.We got very disorientated as the place is so big we lost reception a few times but it made us laugh.

we were very impressed with check in, it was fast and uncomplicated and well organised, our room was a standard room and it was really nice. we had two large beds and a large patio with a garden. The bathroon was big and towels changed every da and tea and coffee which was really good.

The resort is really pretty and well thought out, every where you look there is something to look at like a small streem running throught the resort that is lit at night. there are several pools to choose from we liked the leasure pool as there was some nice music in the background and the waiters were just excerlent in the bar there. I was laying on a sun bed one morning when I heard a voice behind me saying "sir sir" when I looked up he pointed to the table where he had left me a cup of tea, I really thought this was so nice, he remembered what i liked, I forgot his name but he really was an asset to the hotel.

We found the food ok, there was plenty of choice and plenty of places to eat that was part of the all inclusive. the only one we did not like was the fish restaurent, We were very disapointed with the food quality and freshness of the fish. I got ill about an hour or so after eating, it may not have been the food but i was up all night. however it did not spoil the holiday at all.

We were advised to take pound coins for tipping, this is really a good idea, I would advise taking some notes as the waiters would ask if we could change 20 pound coins for a note as the banks wont accept coins.

the service was great really could not fault it the staff were friendly, not sure if they were amussed or confussed as we are a same sex couple they kept asking "where is your wife"

We went with Thomsens so as you can imaging the flights were bad, crammped, uncomfortable poor food and over priced hot drinks. However its only 5 hours so its worth grinning and bareing it.

We had a really relaxing holiday there I would really recomend visiting it, Naama Bay was an eye opener, I didnt like it as it was full on and made me feel very uncomfortable with the ammount of people pulling at you to se there shops. just keep your head down and dont make eye contact.

We booked a taxi from the hotel and I would really really recomend this, you pat a little more but he is reliable and the price is set by the hotel so there is not bartering. The rep said if we go in a cab get the blue and white ones in the town centre they charge 30 egyption pounds however no one would take us home for that and insisted on more.

This resort must be the best on in Sharm, its only 3 years old, there are some areas I thought could be improved like the room cleaning it was not good, but again its not a major issue. All in all I would rate this hotel a very very good 4 star and if your going to egypt for a relaxing time defenatly stay here its worth paying the extra.Its a large resort but we never felt there were alot of people around and they were full apparently, there is a bus to take you round but we walked most of the time as you need the excersie being all inclusive.

We never took part in the entertainment but the staff were so very enthusiastic they really worked hard and no one was interested in joining in.

Have breakfast in the sea breeze its really nice to sit on the sea front and Mohamed makes a nice ommlette, casual dress in the day smart casual in the evening, Men need to ware trousers or below the knee shorts.

2  Thank peterhodges3
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are indeed pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable, I do regret you found the room cleaning below your expectations, I am surprised, because normally we score very high when it comes to cleaning, in fact we hold the highest score amongst Thomson’s hotel partners. Perhaps you had a new room attendant, not using it as an excuse, however perhaps the trainer didn’t follow our procedures. Thank you once again for your feedback. We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

I am currently writing this review in the lobby of the hotel while waiting for my bus transfer to the airport. I hope you will find this review useful, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask them and I will try my best to answer them as soon as possible.

I booked this trip as a last minute for only 8 days as stated in the guide; "24-Hours Ultra All-Inclusive" for a reasonable price. I used tripadvisor as a guideline to find a hotel here in Sharm-El-Sheikh, and based upon the reviews I decided that this was the best choice when considering the price and the ranking of the hotel. I myself work in a Hilton hotel and therefore maybe a little bit more picky or demanding then the target group of this hotel.

One note on forehand; This hotel is huge, it can be seen as a small village with around 700 rooms and when 100% full around 1800 people will stay at the property. Do not be fooled by pictures and think that this is a small hotel, it is huge.

I will be quite short and brief about the positive and the negative points of this hotel. As soon as I get home I will try to upload some pictures from this hotel.

Positive points;

* The Beach; This hotel has probably one of the largest beaches of Sharm - El - Sheikh and this is well maintained. It is not accessible for children, because there is one place where you can actually enter the water (because of the coral & reef in front of the hotel) which is accessible by a ponton in the water. However, because I visited more hotels in sharm-el-sheikh I can still say that this beach is one of the largest I have seen so far.

* The Pools; Again, this hotel has four different pools which are almost all stunning. The very positive point here is that the so called Leisure pool (better known as child pool) is located in the far end of the hotel property, in this way there is no noise or any other inconvenience from children. The so called Relax pool is located in the middle of the hotel property and can only be described as stunning, and cold (not heated, 22c). However this is a truly amazing large pool. Then there is the most stunning pool which is located in front of the large factory like buffet restaurant which is partly heated and partly cold. This is just beautiful.

* Hotel property; Apart from the lobby, which is just really boring and dull and a true disappointment the Hotel property is well maintained and the gardens are beautiful.

* Shuttle service; Because sometimes it can be quite a walk from your room to for example the beach, they offer a shuttle service with actual bus stops on the property. The shuttle does stop driving quite early, however it is a good service.

* Food & Beverage staff; I need to admit that the F&B staff within this hotel is quite good. Atleast, not all of them can speak english, or any other language accept arabic, however most of them are really friendly and enjoyable. They work hard and long days and can still smile, respect.

* Diving & Snorkling; Just simply great.

Now you saw in my point of view all the positive points of the hotel, you might still be wondering why I rated this hotel in my opinion quite low. Well the main points why this is the case will be described below here;

* Housekeeping; The Housekeeping here can only be described as poor. My bathroom mirror was dirty (i mean dirty from toothpaste etc) for three days before they cleaned it. Hairs from previous guests still in the shower, towels missing that i had to get them myself from their carts, gigantic amounts of dust besides the bed, closet, etc. One day they actually forgot to place the furniture back in the right place. And last but certainly not least, in two occasions I walked back to my room to find the door OPEN and UNATTENDED. Personnel was further down the hall, no cart in front of the room and was too easy to steal ALL my belongings. I really find this unacceptable and just amateurism.

* Staff; Some staff actually start arguing here with you... this is something that I am not used to while for me normally the guest is king. However, when we went to a full-charge bar and found large amounts of strange glass-looking sugary deposit in the wine and went back to the employees they said it was normal. I myself have a wine certificate, and this is just a sign of extreme poor quality. One other day I actually saw the front desk manager laughing at complaining guests in the lobby. These guests replied; "Do you find this funny?" and he replied; " Lets just get back to yourself". Sorry, but where is the hospitality? In my opinion they care too less of the opinion of their guests, as long as they receive their money. Compensations are only given based on the basic and minimum rules that some travel agencies require.

* All-Inclusive; This hotel was marked as " 24-Hour Ultra All-Inclusive " and this creates certain expectations. When we arrived at the hotel we found out that the word; "Extra-Charge" has the over-tone in this hotel. For example, if you would like to have a regular (nothing special) orange juice as you know it in your standard 4 star hotel you have to pay a surcharge of 25 egyptian pounds (equals around 3 Euro's!!!!!!). Furthermore you can only have wine at one bar (The pub & Caribbean bar are across each other), and in the restaurants.

The specialty restaurants as they call it, are described as; " Featuring some menu items at extra charge " however, almost everything is at extra charge. For example if you want to have meat besides chicken schnitzel (as i simply call it) you will have a minimum surcharge of 90 Eg. pounds, which equals nearly 13 Euro's. A simple tiramisu dessert will cost you 40 pounds, around 6 euro's.

The only things you have for beverage is; soft drinks, wine (not in all bars), beer, gin, rum, vodka, tequila and variations to this. These drinks are all local and of bad quality (not a problem for me), but if you for example normally drink a malibu-coke you will have a problem because all other drinks are at extra charge. These start at 45 pounds per shot, which equals nearly 6 euro's. Sorry, but for an ultra all-inclusive hotel this is just poor and sad.

* Food quality; This can vary per person, but the food quality in general was just at an acceptable level. With just enough variety for 1 week, max 10 days. If you go here for a longer vacation you will find yourself eating the same day-in day-out.

There are some other things that are up for improvement, but as stated earlier these are the most important points to ensure that you will not get disappointed. It is a pity because the hotel property (except for the lobby) is just great, and has great potential. But because the word extra charge, and the above mentioned points are there on a daily basis this still is not the vacation that i expected and paid for.

Hope to have informed you accordingly,

If you might have any questions please feel free to ask them.

Regards,

Boudewijn van der Ven
Rm. 5105
23/03/10 - 30/03/10

4  Thank Seffutsj
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Dear Guest,
Firstly as a young hotelier as mentioned, you should know the difference between an all inclusive 700 room resort, an all inclusive, Ultra all Inclusive resort, hotel etc. and although you work for the H chain you didn’t stay within your group of Hotels. You must know the reputation in this part of the world!!!! Especially when you could have gotten a good staff rate and fresh orange juice for free, and perhaps a prawn or two as part of the deal… Incidentally I used to be with HI for several years, AI hotels are a different type of operation. I didn’t appreciate several points you made, A) you keep referring to Ultra all inclusive which we are not, and you certainly didn’t pay the price. B) Certain comments are not the type of comments made by a person in the industry, such as factory type restaurant, etc. It isn’t a factory, it is a large restaurant that serves over 2000 meals for B, L & dinner combined, and although we have several other outlets, buffet restaurants are normally preferred by most guests. And if you ever get the opportunity to work outside Europe. In larger properties, you will understand I’m sure. As for the Boring lobby, what do you compare the lobby with, have you seen some other hotels within the region?? With regards to housekeeping, if it is the way you’ve described it, it wasn’t meant to be as such and do accept our apologies for that. I’m sure if I came to your hotel I can pick on many things if I’m there to pick. As an hotelier however when I’m on vacation, and I find something which is not suitable, I call the manager on duty and have a chat with him in a positive way and I can assure you it works. And I might get a fruit basket for free. I believe your comments are a little unprofessional for a person who is involved in the hospitality industry. We are not an ultra all inclusive, and yes we don’t serve wine by the pool this is clear with our tour operators, and for freshly squeezed juice we do charge. Even at airport hotel in Europe you’d pay over €25.00 for breakfast, of course they’ll give you fresh juice. As for the Schnitzel as you call it, yes you get the chicken for AI and if you order veal which we import either from Holland or Australia, we do charge, Again you get what you pay for. You don’t seem to understand F&B cost controls, perhaps you should ask your GM to have you spend a little time so you can learn a thing or two. There is a 400% taxes in this country for all imported alcohol, work it out. How much would you pay for a drink in a hotel from your side of the world, a lot more than what we charge here for imported brands and it certainly doesn’t cost you anywhere near from what it’s costing us, therefore please do your homework before criticizing. I think you obviously consider yourself an expert, unfortunately I don’t believe you know the concept of various all inclusive. I suggest you try one of your group’s hotels on your next visit. Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed at Reef Oasis from 8-22 Mar and what an excellent time we had. We can't believe how many people we met that had been there the previous year when we had. While we were there our first week was exceptionally hot so even the swimming pools were lovely and weren't cold, and were a pleasure to swim in. We spent most of our time at the leisure pool where we were well looked after by Sameh, Mourmin, Kamal and Walid. Most days we had lunch at the leisure pool as its our favourite and makes a good change from the restaurants. We did go to the Beach on a couple of occasions due to it being windy and it wasn't on the Beach. Hamdy would always look after us and would carry our towels to the place we wanted. On these days we had lunch at the Sea Breeze which we hadn't tried on other visits but we were well impressed.

On an evening in the Bay View Restaurant we were always well looked after where ever we were sitting but Gamal and Ackram would always look out for us and say hello as we had seen them on previous visits. It was funny on our 1st night they even remembered our drinks order off October. The food is still lovely with plenty selection for even the fussiest of eaters. We went to the Italian and the food is even better in there than on previous visits. There is a lot available on the all inclusive menu but even the other dishes are really nice if you want to treat yourself and want something a bit different. Now for the best restaurant which has to be the French, you may have to pay for everything in this restaurant but it is well worth it you can tell the difference all the meats are cooked to perfection how you like it and the quality and presentation are superb. Can totally recommend the Steak, Chicken and the Profiteroles are to die for. It is well worth treating yourself 1 night to the french restaurant you won't be dissapointed and would be good on a special occassion.

Also John Lagos the manager does an excellent job making sure everyone is enjoying their holiday and by listening to people on how to even improve on things so if you go to Reef Oasis and you have a problem no matter how big or small please see John or ask for a manager as he will sort it out for you straight away. Don't come home then complain as most things will be sorted there and then to make your holiday enjoyable. He will do anything for anyone and has made our stay fantastic. He is improving things as the disco is now much better as most times its not too loud and he even works his way round the complex during lunch time inspecting the food etc and making sure the standards are kept high.

The animation team work really hard entertaining guests and the evening shows have got better since last time as there is not as many where the audience are part of the show which were rubbish anyway. They now have a Karaoke night which always turns out well, as there are always people wanting to take part and when they get up they know what they are doing. We liked Stefana as she would always come to say hello and was good at the water gym. Also the Thomson Rep Angie was really nice she would always ask us how things were going and it was nice that she only lives 10mins from us in the UK so we always had lots to talk about. We would also recommend the hotel taxis as we went to Naama Bay one night to meet friends and we arranged a hotel taxi to take us then to come back for us and he was on time where he said he would be, easier than haggling and not much more plus your guaranteed a safe driver as a lot of the blue/white taxi drivers haven't passed a driving test.

Also the rooms are superb the best beds you will ever sleep in and our cleaner made superb sculptures on our bed with towels and flowers which I always took photos of. The drinks are the best cocktails in Egypt especially the Pina Coladas and the Florida we have been to 2 other hotels in Egypt and the cocktails were awful. All in all an excellent holiday and we can't wait to go back again in October it was great saying to everyone see you in October as we were already booked. We are also looking at booking again for March 2011 as once you've been to Reef Oasis Blue Bay you won't want to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010
8  Thank 3BROWNS
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Dear Mrs. Brown,
It was indeed a pleasure to have you back with us last week, thank you ever so much for your lovely comments & compliments, I will personally pass them on to all the staff you’ve mentioned including Angie from Thomson’s and JL of course. We’re all touched by your kind comments and we look forward to see you back in 188 days. Happy Easter, and with our warmest regards, JL & the team