WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Lugano
“Wow!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

I with my girlfriend we were on holiday at the hotel Reef oasis blue bay in Sharm.

I am a disabled person who moves on a wheelchair.
The hotel is PERFECT for disable people (no obstacles, the swimming-pool accessibile, a special weehlchair to make the bath at the sea, every toilet perfect equiped).
The disable room is FANTASTIC!!!!

We have to make a lot but a lot of compliments to the fantastic animation team: Claudio, Emanuele, Jessica, Fabio, Salvo, Dariia, Erika, Alex, Serena e Annett for their great capability, for engaging themselves in each activity to the maximum, for their kindness and in particular for the smile always present.

In these holidays they help me to do thinghs otherwise for me impossible: carrying me and my wheelchair everywhere I want, and carrying me in arm to make the waterslide (FANTASTIC) making me all the activities I want and they made me very happy.

WE WANT TO THANK ALL THE ANIMATION TEAM FOR ALL THE THINGS THEY MADE, BECAUSE THEY MAKE IT NOT ONLY FOR WORK BUT THEY MADE IT ABOVE ALL WITH THE HEART.

Now we want to spend a few words for the supervisor Claudio Gelotti:

Claudio is marvelous, splendid, unique, always smiling and with a charisma that not much person have. Its enormous professionalism can be seen in everything that he makes. Nothing was left to chance from the numerous daily activities and to evening shows in which he gives all of himself (heart and soul). The shows was SUPER AMUSING WITH EXCEPTIONAL CHOREOGRAPHY!!!

Here we do an addition: since we were a public multilingual the shows were translated simultaneously in several languages (thing very hard to find).

GUYS YOU ARE MAGNIFICENTS, SPLENDIDS AND EXCEPTIONALS!!!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!

We must make our compliments to two other persons:

1. The Recreation manager mr. Mustafa for his daily kindness and for the helpfulness that showed for us. He was always smiling and very kind and he made that he can to facilitate us. He is a splendid person.

2. The Food and beverage manager mr. Loai. He is a fantastic person too and he even asked us if we desire something special to eat.
The food was VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT AND VERY PAINSTAKING.

Mr. Mustafa and Mr. Loai THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE STAFF!!!!

Diletta and Romano

2 Thank volpino66
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments; we are delighted that your stay with us was such a joy. I will personally pass your compliments to all our animation team members, especially Claudio. I will also thank Mustafa and Loay for going the extra mile to make your holiday break worthwhile. We thank you once again for choosing us and we look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

I've just returned from an 11 day stay at the Reef Oasis with my partner and we had a fantastic time! Our stay was so good we are planning on booking a return trip for next year. The hotel is absolutely wonderful and amazingly large! The walks to and from the reception / restaurants / beach certainly kept us fit, although there is a very good shuttle bus service around the complex, its nice to get some exercise in between the relaxation.
We were very happy with our room, we had requested to Thomson to have a double room & ended up with a twin but we were more than happy with this. It was like sleeping in a double bed each so we both found we had a very good nights sleep each evening! The shower was lovely, was more of a wet room as it was so large & I was very happy that the water pressure was strong (most required when you have very long hair).
The restaurants were all lovely but the actual main buffet restaurant was our favourite as there was such a selection of delicious food. The selection was repeated on the second week but we were happy for this as we had enjoyed what we had so much the previous week. This wouldn't be an issue anyway due to the choice of restaurants to eat in. The welcome & waiter service in the restaurants was great too, the staff were all so polite & friendly.
We had a lovely meal in the Romantica restuarant but we did end up spending an absolute fortune as our imported bottle of wine was £60 (x2) and the dishes were also rather pricey but we did thoroughly enjoy the meal.
The choice of pools was wonderful too & our favourite was definitely the relax pool - absolute bliss! The water in the pools is rather cold but we found it very refreshing in such heat.
The beach is also very nice as its private and the snorkelling is amazing - a definite must!
The only negative about the whole holiday was the airport experience, be prepared to queue & queue & queue & queue!!! Once you reach the hotel though (about 15 mins from the airport) the bad experience is soon forgotten. We would recommend taking a taxi to the airport instead of waiting for your tour ops arranged bus. Although we were collected 3 hours before our flight, we only just made it on our flight in time & it was eventually delayed for 25 mins as the queues to get through check in were so horrendous.
We would strongly recommend this hotel though & we didn't feel it was a bad location at all. With all the excursions & travelling about we did each journey took no longer than 15 - 20 minutes. Just wonderful!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SBelle123
Managment99, Hotel Managment at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for spending your holidays with us. It is obvious that you have enjoyed your stay as much as we did taking care of you. We are indeed delighted.
We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Warm regards from all of us
Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

We've just returned from a one-week stay at the Blu Bay Resort and are thouroughly satisfied with our stay.
At first we were put off by the sheer size of the hotel and the fact that we needed a long time to get from our room (in block 4 - we'd asked for a quiet and central room - we got the quiet bit but not the central one) to the main restaurant, heated pool and beach with a three year old. However, we soon started to use the little bus and it was practical and fun! We also enjoyed walking, in particular after a meal at the Bay View Restaurant...
Th hotel grounds are lovely, very well kept - there is always somebody cleaning, weeding or generally working.
The room was spacious and with very confortable huge beds and a large cupboard.
On arriving there was no bed for our three year old but we called and were sent a cot after half an hour.
The room was clean, although I would have liked a more thourough cleaning, in particular in the bathroom. On arriving there was a piece of paper on the floor and I left it to see how long it would stay there: 4 days... Nothing dramatic, but these are little things that make a difference. However on the whole the room was clean. We had a little accident one day as my son wet his bed. We called for a change of sheets and then left for the pool. When we got back we found a nice towel sculpture and flower decoration on the bed and in the bathroom!
We only ever went to the heated pool (the heating was turned off at the end of our stay, but outside temperatures were over 30 degrees anyway) and it was lovely.
The beach is very nice and clean. Never had a problem finding an umbrella, however if you want it by the kiddy beach and bar you have to arrive quite early.
Honestly, I cannot understand people saying that food was monotonous and poor standard. We though the food was excellent and varied, and we've stayed at lots of hotels. No upset tummy and plenty of vegetables, different breads, grilled meats, eastern foods, fruit and cakes. In the morning we had breakfast at the beach restaurants overlooking the sea... wonderful.
The only thing I would have added to the all in was fruit juices and snacks for children in the afternoon, maybe just a few savoury things and a few cakes and juices. We bought my son an ice cream in the afternoon at the pool bar.
Entertainment I cannot judge because we never went to the evening show but I could see that the staff were really nice and did their best.
I would definitely go back to this hotel and recommend it; we had a great time.
SHame that the Sharm airport is so chaotic and it takes ages from the time you get off the bus to the time you get on the plane!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank gachingura
Managment99, Hotel Managment at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the room cleaning, thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year. Kind regards from all of us
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

We have just returned from this excellent hotel resort with very good memories of our 11 day holiday. All the staff were very helpful and had a good sense of humour.
The waiters looked after us very well at meal times especially Samy in the main restaurant. The food was good. All the staff were very polite and we were always greeted with a smile. The pool, beach and bar staff were very helpful. Also you didn't have to keep tipping all the time to get service which is something we did experience at a different hotel in Sharm .
We stayed in room 5225 which was about 2 thirds through the resort and a 7 minute ish minute walk to the main reception, restaurants and bars. If you were in a room at the farthest point i.e by the main gate it would probably take 12sh minutes to walk to the restaurants but there is open mini bus (tut tut) continually going around the resort if you don't Fancy walking.Our room was a large standard with 2 large beds pushed together and very comfortable, it was also kept spotless by the cleaner . There are shops at the resort but you don't get pestered when you walk past them. There are lots of pools to choose from to suit your mood with plenty of sun beds.
There is some room for improvement . There is only one free courtesy bus in the evening to Nama Bay which goes at 6pm and returns at 8pm and holds around 16 people which isn't many when there are hundreds staying at the hotel so you have to book really early to get on, plus you don't get long in Narma Bay although that might be a blessing.
Also the Disco is a bit crap unless you like Jive Bunny and Grease mixes. I am 51 but I want something more up to date than that.
But all said and done we had a very good holiday. Well done the Staff

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jimjue
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Guest,Thank you for your lovely comments, we are delighted that your holiday was enjoyable. We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us
JustWonderful
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

Have just returned from this hotel, and it was a very nice hotel.

I know a lot of people say its big, but it really is HUGE. If you have a disability they do have a bus that goes all around the resort.

Now the Good;

The Rooms: Very big and spacious, lovely shower, minibar is very good- they have this new system where you can pick the (soft) drinks you want.

The Pools: A lot of people have said that the pool is cold- the pool with the slides is- however it is also refreshing, on a day where it hits 40 degrees or more it was so nice to go in the pool, however if you dont like the cold pool, just go to the pool near the main restaurant as it is heated- personally i thought it was too hot! But each to their own.

The Service: On the whole the service was exemplary. The staff in the main restuarant, fish and italian were all very nice. The main niggle I had was that you got a drink when you first sit down but it is very hard to get a refill as the waiters are so busy they tend not to see your empty glass- however they walk around with wine so if you are a wine drinker then its not such a problem.

The Bad:

Drinks: What annoyed me about drinks at this resort is the glasses were so so small.Pint glasses were unheard of, so you had to get 2/3 drinks at a time- and by the time you got to the second drink it was lukewarm. I just felt that there could have been bigger glasses- it may seem a small thing but it does get annoying!

Silly Rules: You are sitting in the reception area/outside on the terrace by the caribbean bar. You want to get a drink, do you go in there. The bar staff refuse to serve you as they only serve people sat inside the cafe bar. You have to go to The Pub on the other side. Why?? There tended to be a big queue. Again its only a small niggle but after 10 days it gets very annoying.

Cleaning of the Rooms: The job they do is a good standard, however we were often still waiting for our room to be cleaned at 5pm and they rarely refilled the shower gels/shampoo etc.

Extra Charges: This is an all inclusive resort. So why do you need to pay anything on site? Its silly little things like fresh fruit juice at breakfast, an ice cream, certain things on the Italian/Seafood/ all the French restaurant. What I would like to see is a certain token system or something whereby you get 1 free juice/1 free ice cream a day and then 2 meals a week at the restaurants...

As you can see the changes I have suggested are minimal and could be done within a week and it would just make this hotel so much nicer, and could tip it in to the 5* instead of the current 4* rating I gave it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Fareham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

First time to Egypt. This Hotel was excellent,very clean with plenty of space( we could have had a party in our shower,bed room had 3 large single beds bedding chanced offen, soft drinks and bottled water in the fridge, tea and coffee can be made in the room.
We were by a large free formed pool with 3 water slides ( Family pool )
2 large adult pools were about 500 yds away and by main restaurant a large free fomed pool which was heated and a large heated paddling pool for young children next to it.
then down on the beach nice sand with plenty of sun beds.Just step into the sea and the fish are all around you,walk out on the floating pier and you are on the edge of the reef and into 30 foot of water to see many more fish.
Food in the restaurants was varied hot and a good chioce.
The only down side I can find is the evening entertainment not a very good standard.
A good winter holiday destination going back next year!

3 Thank fredFareham
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the evening entertainment, thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year. Kind regards from all of us.
cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 2nd to 12th February 2010.
We arrived by coach from the airport about 15 minutes the guide on the coach could hardly speak English, so when he was explaining what to do when we get to the hotels we were all a little confused.

We were given a cold glass of juice as we waited for the golf buggy to take us to our room, the room well – we were given a room with 3 single beds and a bed settee, when I rung the reception to say we would like a room with a double bed as this was the first time away without the kids, I was told that the hotel was fully booked unless we wanted to upgrade our room at a cost of £30 per night = £300.00 after paying just over £2000.00 for the holiday. We stayed in this room for the duration of the holiday I was not happy.

The first few days where very quiet and relaxing which was a blessing as only one of the pools was heated, but by the Friday we knew why they said the hotel was fully booked, it was the Egyptian holiday NOT very nice being in the pool with people fully clothed, you could not go to the other pools as they were just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold.

The food was ok Not up to 5 or even 4 star standards, main restaurant is very busy and chaotic, always something that we could eat not always very hot we did not have any problems with funny tummy.

We did find that after a few days being at the hotel it became a little repetitive & boring so we decided to take a taxi to Naama Bay, the driver said old town or new town, he said that old town would be better NOT, as we like to walk a few days later we decided to walk to the new town (DON’T DO IT)it was about 90 minutes this is the closest place you can walk to if you want to have a look at shops, bars ETC,ETC.

The staff at the hotel very polite, friendly, the hotel is very very clean & Tidy, there was a terrible problem with fly’s by the pool, beach and all out door restaurants.

As someone said in an earlier comment about the airport yes it takes about 2 to 3 hours to get from the coach and get your boarding pass.

Not happy with Thomson as they say that with Platinum, you're guaranteed top quality accommodation (YES) and excellent locations NO NO NO),

Would we go back NO why – the hotel is miles from anywhere the fly’s are a pain and the hotel is quite expensive compared to other hotels of same grade. We were disappointed as looking forward to a romantic 10 days (single beds).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank happy_holidayCardiff
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments during your most recent visit in February. I am really disappointed to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay in sunny Sharm and with us. I wish that you asked to see a manager immediately, to have resolved the room issue. I do encourage all our readers if you happen to visit us or any hotel, should you feel unhappy about any services, please ask to see the manager on duty, a senior manager or the general manager. This is our job to make sure our valued guests are taken care of, Management are not there to sit in their offices and hope that everything goes well. We here to give service and fulfill our guest needs. You’re absolutely correct, during the local holidays we do have some Middle Eastern guests. One pool is heated, and that is the largest one. I believe the food is of 5* All Inclusive standards. By spending 10 days, and it’s mentioned after a few days, the food was repetitive. I honestly don’t understand how can this be said, with 6 restaurants, 5 snack bars and a 24 hour light snacks café bar. Not trying to be defensive, but what variety do people in general have at home??? However your opinion is respected. Location we are not by the new or old towns, however it’s an 8 to 10 minute taxi ride, really though there was no need to go outside to eat, there’s so much variety within the resort. We thank you for some of the nice comments for the staff and the cleanliness. I am sorry that you’re not planning to come back, we hope that you change your mind with given time. Nonetheless we do look forward to welcome you back sometime in the near future. Kind Regards from all of us.