6,377 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantitalian restaurantanimation teamspecial thanksfantastic holidaydive centrenaama baywater slideschicken
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Just returned from a 2 week holiday in the sun. The hotel is well laid out and quiet where we were located (near the relax pool) but if you were unfortunate enough to be located by the entertainment centre, it would be a nightmare in the evenings. Incidently, we found the entertainment very poor and second rate. The staff were excellent - nothing was a problem. Cleanliness was very good. The beach was well organised and good for snorkelling off the pontoon - the reef was 2 metres from the water's edge. We were really impressed with everything about the hotel itself, including the drinks variety on "all inclusive"
However, and it is a big "However", eating was not a good experience. At first sight, everything looked good, but the reality was that it was very 3rd rate in terms of food not being hot, most dishes tasting the same (they must have worked at this because chicken, lamb, beef dishes all tasted exactly the same). The range of bread and rolls was amazing but no matter how different they looked, they all had the same texture and tasted exactly the same! Even the Italian, Egyptian and Seafood restaurants were very ordinary - if they had been at home, you would have eaten there twice - the first and the last!
We had a massive storm whilst we were there which resulted in major flooding in all hotels and Sharm itself. However, within 48 hours the staff had the place all sorted and back to normal again. Top marks to the hard working staff.
Overall we enjoyed the holiday and would probably go back again but the food was a big let down and spoils an otherwise great hotel. Having said that, the whole package (Thompsons) was good value for money but with better chefs, it could be stunning.

2  Thank Scotsinnottingham
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with regards to your most recent stay. I do regret you felt the food is 3* quality, I wonder if our food is compared with other all inclusive hotels or we compared with Ramsey’s kitchen? However we will definitely look into it.Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, Kind regards from all of us.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

We left the UK in one of the coldest winters in years and arrived in time for the worst storm Sarm had seen in 20 years. Dispite floods over night the staff worked tirelessly and made this the best holiday I have had. If that had happened in the UK the resort would have been out of action for weeks. The staff despite the extra work were superb and did everything possible to make our stay as relaxing as possible. Nothing was to much bother. The food was to a good standard. I would not say 5 star but was still very nice and the choice was impressive. The drinks were good, beer OK, cocktails great, Soft drinks wer sprite coke etc. The local wine was not great. The room we stayed in was spacious and was cleaned and tidied every day. You do not need money with you as almost every thing was included (the extras you pay for at the end of your stay). There are several pools, including a play pool with slides, a relaxing pool strictly for adults (this is big enough for those who want to get some exercise). The gym is small but well equipt.
I would definately recommend this holiday. I will likely go back next year and one of my family members is thinking of returning after going there last year.
This is an ideal place to couples of all ages to relax. It looked great for families with kids. I think if night life is what you want the complex, when I was there, was not lively enough, but maybe namma bay would have provided this and there are free busses out and taxis to get you back. I would advise you to take snorkel and masks as the snorkelling at the resorts beach was impressive (as good if not better than the three dive sites we visited on the VIP cruise).

1  Thank wellneededrest
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We have just come back from a cruise and stay holiday with Thomsons, the second week staying at the Reef Oasis, Sharm. Felt a bit apprehensive after reading comments about room allocations for cruise travellers so sent an e-mail to the hotel to request a room away from block 5 (near the sewerage works). We didnt receive an e-mail back but upon arrival we were allocated a room in block 3, room 3145 which was quiet, spacious and clean.

Resort
Large resort catering for all ages and needs. Has a number of swimming pools, relaxing pool was great (no kids). Beach also good, plenty of sunbeds by the pool or beach.
We travelled with parents (70 years) and was worried about the reviews of beach being not suitable for those with walking difficulties. Whilst we walked to the beach, my parents caught the regular shuttle bus which was great. Also we snorkelled and thought my parents would miss out on seeing the fish but even paddling my parents were able to look at some amazing fish without the need to snorkell. There are limited spaces to paddle however due to the reef.
Shops are plentiful at the resort with a well stocked pharmacist.

Restaurants
Previous all inclusives we have stayed in have few alternative restaurants which you have to pay extra fo, so was pleasantly surprised to find an Italian, Seafood and Middle Eastern restaurants for no extra charge. There were some dishes that you had to pay extra for e.g. Lobster.This was in addition to the buffet restaurant.
Food was varied and excellent in all restaurants especially the freshly (baked while you wait) flat bread in the middle eastern restaurant. My only gripe would be that we couldnt visit the seafood and french restaurants which my husband would have loved to have done, as I am vegetarian and there was nothing alternative on the menu to cater for me. I asked at reception and the restaurants and the seafood restaurant said they could make me some vegetable and chips which wasnt acceptable.
The beach restaurant was great and had a good selection of food and it meant you didnt have to come right back to the hotel's main restaurant for food. There is also a quick snack bar right on the beach where you can get self service drinks, burgers, chips etc.
We had no stomach upsets whilst at the hotel. The only time we did was when we ate in Nama Bay. Myself and husband had a stomach upset after the Italian in Nama Bay but to be honest put this down to the food being too much and too rich as the food tasted fine when we ate it and was hot.

Staff
The majority of staff are absolutely fantastic, even the beach boys carry your towel to your sunbed. The only bad service I witnessed was in the caribean bar at sunset and the bar man was quite rude to another guest (although the guest was being quite obnoxious to him) I think this was due to there being not many staff on, a que on, the hotel needs more bar staff in general as service was quite slow which is not the barman's fault but the hotel's.
Also the fridge in our room worked perfectly on our first day but on second day didnt work. My husband being the inquisitive engineer looked to see if there was a problem, only to find that it had been unplugged. My husband said I wonder if that is to make you ring maintenance and then they get a tip, I told him to stop being so cynical. Low and behold on our last day the maintenance man turned up to 'repair your fridge as it had been reported as not working', nice try!

Entertainment
New years eve -we arrived in the afternoon to be told the gala dinner was in a specially errected 'tent'. When we arrived this was not just any tent it was massive and specially decorated. We were allocated a table and the people on our table were good company.
There was also a band and a gala buffet. The hotel went to a great deal of effort for this night and the 'tent' held the whole of the hotel so was massive (the biggest marquee I have ever seen).

The entertainment is pretty cheesy. The trouble is the team are trying to cater for all nationalities, russian, swedish, British, German etc and it doesnt quite work but you have to give them 10 out of 10 for trying. The hotel would be better off employing a band for a couple of nights a week.
The pianist in the reception area is fabulous but you have to pay in that bar as its not all inclusive. The pianist is also tucked away in a dark corner which is a shame.

Overall, if I was going to Egypt again (having done a cruise and stayed in Luxor) would stay here again as it has everything you need but is far enough away from the thick of things but not too far from Nama Bay if you want a change.

Weather
Weather was always a pleasant 25-30 degrees every day,sun goes down at around 4.30 pm so you need to get up fairly early for the strong early day sun.

Nama Bay
Went in to Nama Bay a couple of times, what an experience! Its the equivalent of Egypt's Blackpool. You can spend hours people watching. We ate at the Italian (recommended by Thomsons) which was good food and plenty of it. Word of warning starters are massive.
We also ate at the Hard Rock cafe which was good, great atmosphere but most expensive meal we ate.
Camel bar is also great to have a drink on the roof and watch the world go by.

Overall this hotel is an excellent choice when visiting Sharm el Sheikh and we would definately visit again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stjcaswell
Reviewed January 25, 2010

just a quick review we stayed here 1st oct 2009 for 2 weeks everything about it was fantasic. food was excellent italian was wonderful and you can book as many times as you like.. we had junior suit and well worth the money, you get private place for breakfast at the fishermas resturant which is lovely as alot smaller. also all laundry done and it was perfect washed and ironed to a high standards. we have been to many countries and i have high standards and we loved this place we will be going back october 2011 as we had already booked differents places for 2010.

the reef is just the best i lived in the water and everytime you snorkled you would see something deifferent. i did buy a wetsuit afetr my husband got stung very badly by jelly fish so worth wearing t shirt in water. please ask me any questions and i will do my best to answer them this hotel does have quiet a hill to get to beach but after 2nd day your use to it,they do have a bus but we always seemed to miss it takes less then 3 minutes to walk it so it keeps you fit!!! just book and go!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackiefw
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your most recent experience with us, We do appreciate it and look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, Kind Regards from all of us

Reviewed January 24, 2010

would like to say what a fabulous holilday me and my partner had here we loved every minute of it even the entertainment (so bad it was funny) the food was very varied so would find something even for the most fussiest of eaters the beach was fantastic with its own coral reef the staff were very friendly and helpful rooms cleaned every day we were there when the storm hit on sunday 17th jan but all staff were working very hard to clear it would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we are looking to book up for next year same time as it was lovely to get away from the cold here do not listen to the bad things people say because really they must have really bad issues love this place

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bestofintentionsone, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fine comments, we do appreciate them and always strive to improve and offer our guest a service as close to perfect as possible. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. Kind Regards from all of us